Hail the Conqueror
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even after thesummer, trees at the ponds wouldn't seem like though reflowering. As much as the rains there took endless chances to pour each season for the nature assured of that. The ponds was the last place any of the Markezi people wished to run for death as the stories foretold of it forsakens them. 

The ponds poured to the large river heading into the sea. Deep down the pond a breathe of bubbling air pumping up in shambles then a blast of water sprinkles away flashing from the ponds, up flies a boy ascending like a dolphin mid air form down below and dashing back into the water again navigating the warmth and touch of the river.

The boy comes out of the water splashing his curly wavey hair, anyone from Markezi would think he's a ghost since not even a single animal surveys this side of the country. It's bound for them to come and strange stories have been said to originate here.

His eyes white like a clear cloud with a slinky tall body making him move like he's been pushed. He knew the disease is there to stay it's his to endure, and now being alone here makes sense, nobody probably came and he was the only outcast lingering late at dawn having some fresh air the feeling of nature and the loneliness standard luxury. Sometimes the feeling eats him inside out being the only two people living away from the country side, his mother is the only one who sees him as person promising that when time comes for both of them she'll take him to the villages. 

Amid thinks this is a curse though lots of hope her mother gives him for survival, he sometimes wonder.

- If this skin colour is normal then why can't I walk on broad sunlight? It burns like fire, the ointments for his skin are very rare here why? Is it because he's supposed to die or be somewhere else? Ok fine all that why does mother make me hide from the world, she knows I could just wear a black hood and walk touring all the way on the villages without her knowing that, but still I'm coming of age now I need to make my own way and leave a mark on this land at least somebody knows I was here-He thought. Amid's albinism was what he thought to be plague thinking it would spread to them.

Amid made another dive in. By the looks  a far it was a dolphin swimming but closer he's just a teen having some fan in the water. By this time he knew no one would come here- its fairly far and not even as he ever met anyone and spoke to eye to eye. Back home is the boy who stares at the sun by the window and makes a thought of warming him then up he goes to hiding, few visitors even dare to come this far to their home maybe some hunters and in a bad hunting day where they would kill a rat  for a meal. All Amid knew was sneaking out at sundown for the swim and canning his flowers that never lost a bloom.

                                    ************

At one side sat Saitama Hai the bearded giant, so dark that even the night seemed brighter. Saitama might be the giant in the room but it's not until you meet Ellisa daughter of the Darmagad the ancient woman whose covered up in piles of rigged sea shells, animal bones hunged around the hair thats falling to her legs. Her seat was a bit pushed a severe distance for other lords feared battling the pungent smell of her rugged cloaks. And that makes two Lords on one side of the vertical royal table for meetings at the royal chambers.

 Other three chairs stood unfilled. One for the southern Lord Bandeke Jusk. The other for the westerners Lord Weiss the third and lastly the most trusted man in Markezi known only by one name. Mtaalam, before anything is decided in the land of Markezi Digarawas the last to let go. In meetings like these Digara says less as making choices not suitable to his grand living legend brains. The King,his father and his father before him all have witnessed the endless life of this immortal living being. Up the castle stood a one man glittering piece of room just for this two hundred give or take years of this crippling wreck.

"When will you learn your manners" shouted the King.

"What manners,father. To people who want me for bait?" Margolis slowly looked at his father. "They know nothing about me just like you either, all you care is this crown of yours failing even to protect your own daughter".

"Don't take to about what makes my family happy" intervened the King, arising form his seat. He stands up." All these years ruling this Land and you dare raise you voice telling me what to do, questioning my authority huh! Do you know where that can get you?" He invaded her space taking two steps ahead. 

"Maybe mother would care if she was here" she flashed away her dripping tears and pluck up the sliding mucus.

"Shut up. Never bring up those excuses again, no one knows her than me and if there's anyone to blame for her death is you. Now I want you wipe those fake tears of yours go out there and cheer our guests as I prepare myself then we're done, learn you manners Margolis and life will be easy on you" 

On the finishing of the  line Margolis already slammed the door behind her. Marissa her house maid followed her behind but before she walks out the king stops her.

"If go talk to her, make sure that you be on the good favour of the crown, make her realise how we all live below the seat and if loyalty is what she doesn't desire so force be it, maybe she forgets who's in charge. Sooner or later I'll have to stand at the rightful door. Go" barking to her sharply.

She moves outside the door. Her father's words hardly crushed this teen mind. With only Ellenor understanding how she felt in the whole world at least , and the one responsible for uprising her from childhood until now. 

"My Princess please stop it's late now, where do you think your running to" the maid persuaded her from running outside. 

"I hate me I hate my life,my own father wishes to sell me out like an animal for some old principles they believe in" princess puffed stopping a flood of tears.

"My Princess, your soon turning adult"

"So what, what does it even mean to me, staying under control the throne piss that"

"They'll work to you like to all of us"

"The what?"

"Rules my Princess, your father is a man of principles you've not seen him prosecuting a relative just because they have of adulthood, 'they deserve to pay for their crimes' it's what he says"

"Like  I care, I'd rather die than living a miserable life of pain"

She turns away racing again down hill, for a moment Ellenor knew where she was ran to just for sure downhill the streets and the Princess will get tired. So She never bothered the guards to join this run. Away and away the girl ran, to the trenches to the farms now down to the mountains she grabs a farmer's horse and hopped in far to the mountains of the forbidden lands near the ponds to be alone. Ellenor grabs another horse and it was a race down mountains for the princess. Running away is usual for her but not like this with a horse to a forsaken area.

"Princess that's invading the law" she shouted at her but her voice breezed with the wind.The more far she goes the more she looses the wait of the palace the more her mind floated away and felt clear. For Ellenor distance was the only measure of the rage inside the Priceless. This far was the clear measure that now adulthood is coming soon as she rode deep to the forbidden ponds with ni fear. 

On reaching the ponds, she pulled over and dropped down. Puffing loud waiting for Ellenor of cause she never left her side, few minutes she stood their little hoops she heard away acknowledging that to be her maid riding by. Margolis glanced around and wondered what natural area only birds sang in the skies sounds of water pouring down hill a soothing air brushed away her fears but yet she remembered being told that was a forbidden area very dangerous one.

"My princess this is bad we should go now before the guards see us" insisted the maid 

"I can stay here all night It feels safer here"

"Please my Princess your making this very hard for me, the king won't adhere to this"

      

Back to castle the king prepared for the royal meeting. Whether her daughter welcomed the guests or not but it must be done. 

King Barlon Margwalks rolls in the visitors room for royal meetings while resting on the comfort of his wheelchair that last summer wasn't his priority but now it's this or he crawled down. As the maiden rolled him in the room every on stood still awaited his arrival to the table, on the side came along the one many call immortal about two hundred years say by now or no one really knows not even himself. 

"Hail Markezi!" Shouted the King on his arrival at the table.

"Hail the Conqueror" all at once shooting their fists up in the air repeatedly saying these words until the King dropped his fist down signed the end of their all time powerful greeting. King requested a scrolled bundle of letters from the wicked Mtaalam. One by one put down a table.

"These are letters from my four provinces the north,east,west and south. As your leader my understanding of the laws and rituals of our Land, it came to my senses these claims I could  call them to me it would be a righteous move to make. Laws are saws they cut from both ends. This time round they cut to me and I'll give them a piece to take" king stopped to open each scrolled letter. "While I open these first I'd like to know the whereabouts of these two Lords and why aren't they here yet any notifications or representatives?" He continued.

He reads all the strolls aloud to the table later on. 

"As you've seen all these are requests for me to announce my successor a crown king" he keeps quiet looks their dark faces these two people in front of him and continues "My daughter is soon to come of age though as the laws say 'No female shall lead without a man not until death do them apart then can she lead to her last days alone' I know that and I give you my word today, my trusted lords that soon you're going to get what deserves you"

"Like how we waited Months for this reply, you call us here for just this only a promise" rushed to intervene Saitama Hai of the northern lands.

"I give you my word, either take it or walk away. The law stands and no one has crossed over. If you're willing for another way say it now Or chose any other way then it's the law acting on you. I'm I understood"

"No wonder why Weiss and Jusk never showed up, I'm out of here" he bumps palms on the table and stands to leave out. 

"What makes you say lies in front of the royal table while your King, is here" shivering sound of Ellisa pierced his ears.

"What do you mean by lies, Everything is clear a crippling King now with no heir what's this a kingdom we say?" Saitama bluffing eluding that crescent smile.

"It was  asked of the whereabouts of these two Lords and you dared shut your mouth saying nothing and a while ago from your own words proved that you may had spoken to these two either"

"No! Don't try to kill me woman the laws are laws I've done nothing" Saitama's smile weakened by these words, he waves his hand proving innocence. 

"You don't wonder why these two never made it, tell us what do you know of these two men absent here Lord Saitama" requested the King now.

"Thjs is not right, your grace how can she accuse me of lies in front of my king" Saitama sleeps his head on the table.

"This meeting is dismissed soon I'll be announcing my crown king to succeed me and from now on no one will say a word on that until I decide that" the king orders in a cold voice. "Saitama be careful with your words today could've been your last day to use that tongue of yours, first you lie and abuse your king calling me crippled. Today Is your lucky day. Digara please explain what punishments would've faced him" he holds this old man by shoulder.

"By the mandate given to me by the throne and my king,lord Saitama for your crimes of lies and abuse. First the acclaimed would offer his tongue for abuse and later his life for lies to the throne as death would follow all his blood relatives meaning son to daughters and brothers or sisters for that matter, your grace" he clears throat and bows to the king. 

"Hail Markezi" the king dismissed the meeting that day and ordered no one to leave since it was late evening for their safety he said. 

               ***********

The dark took over Markezi but Margolis never wanted to go back home by then, still the gaze of the ponds made her sight at ease.

"Do you believe in him?" Princess acclaimed.

"He's your father, believe doesn't matter my princess what I see is who we put close to us, he's the only blood line left for you" 

"Does that mandate him to materialise me, Ellenor?"

"He loves you, only in the other way around. The throne is what keeps us alive without it his enemies would've done much harm to you" Ellenor embarks her arms around the little puny princess.

Shortly after that silence some movements are heard. The maid asks but no one responds, quickly she helps the princess up the horse but then a blast of water is seen down the stream. A man or a fish maybe a big fish but still he flashed water like no other person would've done if at all he wasn't a ghost.

"It was a mistake coming here lets go my princess" Ellenor jumps up on her horses awaited for the princess to start leaving but she still stared at the water. Then down she drops from the horse running to see the thing jumping up and down the water.

Amid rushed out and went hiding the bushes around he couldn't afford being seen by the girl after all no one as ever seen him even with clothes on. 

"My princess let's go now you don't want messing around these demons" emplys the maid 

"But it's a boy he seems scared maybe he needs help come on there weren't here to harm see I'm harmless,no weapons please can you come out" 

The boy splashed water on her as she wiped her eyes off the boy had disappeared from her site.

"Where's he my princess, I see no one here"

 She failed to know that either feeling confused she turned away and hopped back home very quietly and disappointed. 

"I don't know but I think I know him somehow Margolis" she later spoke only that to her maid.

0