Chapter 4: Adventurers Guild
95 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If you are enjoying this story please leave a favorite, review, and or comment what you think about the story so far. I hope everyone continues to enjoy this story!

That’s when Robert noticed what looked like a wooden ski lift sitting right outside of the shadow. As soon as he approached it, he started looking for someone or something to tell him how it worked, or at least someone who would help take him up; yet he found no such thing. After arriving in front of it, Robert got close and began inspecting the machine and its smooth wooden exterior, but he couldn’t find any clues to how it worked. The only thing he did find was a strange set of characters that he assumed to be this world’s language. But thanks to the diva goddess not giving him any actual help besides a set of clothes, he had no way of reading it.

“Fuck it, Robert said out loud to no one as he sat down on what seemed like the hanging swings, the design reminded Robert of your standard ski lift. The moment his butt was firmly planted on the wooden seat, light blue ropes came out of the wood and strapped him in acting as a seat belt. Then like a rocket the seat took off flying towards its destination at a speed that made Roberts’s cheeks part and teeth show themselves to the wind. 

Robert could only scream at a high pitch that most would have sworn belonged to a girl, Robert couldn’t do anything else as the seat did what it was designed to do. Within a few seconds after the seat had rocketed off it came to a screeching halt. When Robert realized that the ride was over, he began to rip his eyelids apart from each other, once they were both open, he sat mouth agape staring at the giant and bustling city that stood before him. 

“Did someone actually take the Esta Seat to get into the city? I didn’t even know they still worked anymore since the magic circles got installed.” One of the passers said as they stared at Robert with his mouth still open and staring blankly at the whole scene before him.

Taking a few seconds to collect himself after hearing what the people passing by were saying, he jumped off the seat, after making sure that the magical rope buckle was gone. Robert began to walk from his seat into the heart of the massive city that now stood before him, the houses had a medieval look to them, with orange roofs and a darker-looking brown-colored wood that acted as walls. Each house was pushed against each other using all the space they could, leaving none wasted. It reminded Robert of New York in that way; this gave him a little comfort as a longing for home rang in his heart.

As Robert continued walking for a bit, he soon came across what appeared to be a shopping center, people of all shapes and sizes were out and about, buying everything from books, magic wands to delicious-looking pastries. The only problem was that Robert couldn’t read any of the signs, everything was written in that same strange language that he had found on the side of what he was calling the ski lift. The letters looked more like Egyptian hieroglyphics than anything else, but at the same time they looked nothing alike.

That’s when he found it, a shop that had no letters on its sign, just a sword going through the back of a shield. Robert instantly knew what this shop was, any gamer or nerd of his variety would, it was the adventures guild! But right before Robert made his way in it hit him, he had no clue what the average level here was, he was still only level one! He could potentially be walking in and screaming to this world that he wasn’t from here. But without any other good options available to him Robert walked into the guild hoping that the rest of this world was just like him and didn’t kill things until after they joined the guild. 

As soon as Robert walked in, he noticed a lot of adventurers were sitting at oak tables drinking what he assumed to be mead, all of them looked up when he entered and instantly there was a considerable change in the atmosphere. It’s not that people were paying attention to him as he walked in, it’s just that the air was tense, and it smelled like a locker room right after the football team had just finished with a game. That’s when Robert noticed the reception area off to his right. The reception area was very nicely kept, it was made of mahogany-looking wood at the base and what could easily be mistaken as a marble-looking material being used as the countertop.

What was most strange about this area though was that it was still in perfect condition, everywhere else though you could find sword slashes or some other form of damage but not on the reception desk. Then finally looking past the reception desk he noticed the one thing he had been looking for all his life, standing behind the counter was a gray-furred, five-foot-four, green-eyed cat girl with boobs the size of the small watermelons they sell at the grocery stores.

“Oh, Jesus' diva goddess above, thank you for once in this shitty world,” Robert said out loud, not even realizing that people could hear him if he spoke too loudly. But he didn’t care, for the first time since he had been forced into this world he had hope, hope that maybe his one dream could be turned into a reality. Even if that dream was considered weird or sad back on earth.

Robert walked up to the counter and said: “So umm, I’m new to town, how do I register to be an adventurer?” The snow-gray-furred cat girl just looked at him and stood there for a second. She clearly knew that Robert was interested in her and everything about her, a smile quickly arose on her lips but before she could even say a word Robert began speaking again.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to stare, it's just that your fur is so pretty, it’s soft looking and shines with a unique beauty,” then just like that all the hostility she had begun to feel towards Robert was gone. Usually, when a man entered the establishment all he did was look at her breasts, but this was the first time someone complimented the fur on her tail and ears. The rest of her body was like a normal human, but getting the compliment was still enough to make her blush.

“Ok, if you’re done hitting on me what can I do for you?” She asked after focusing back on Robert, one hand on her cheek and the other on the counter grabbing for a feather pen and some documentation. 

“Oh, umm I’m sorry, I was hoping to sign up as an adventurer!” Robert said with a smile and chipper voice, something he hadn’t had since he arrived in this godforsaken world. The receptionist just smiled at him.

“Ok no problem, that will be fifty Zina please,” she said with the same smile, it looked as if she was smiling at your very soul. 

“Umm, I’m completely broke, how do I get that?” Robert asked with what he considered a completely straight face. That’s when the rest of the adventurers in the guild who had been listening in on their conversation in awe due to the cat girl actually smiling at a human, began laughing and began to get up from their table and walked over to the reception area. 

“Oh look, the country boy is too poor to pay his registration fee,” a 6 '1 idiotic-looking skinny yet toned adventurer said while patting Roberts’s head. His black short-cut hair did nothing to hide his eyes which told a story about wanting to beat Robert up without getting himself or his posse kicked out of the guild. 

“I know, how about this if you can land a single blow on me, I will pay for your registration!” The adventure said looking slightly down, eyes closed as his band of four other adventurers began to form a half-circle around the two of them. But before the adventure could look back up at Robert to confirm his answer, Robert's fist was halfway between his cheek and his left eye. It took a split second for him to realize what was happening before Roberts's punch had connected completely and his elbow had returned to its original position.

“That’s one, right?” Robert said, jumping back from the adventure, slipping past his squad of goonies who were too shocked to stop him. Robert flew by them and closer to the reception desk, he had a suspicion that the reason why this area was so clean and undamaged was that people weren’t willing to fight in front of it. Why that was Robert didn’t know but he had a suspicion that he was about to find out. 

Do you think Robert is going to win this fight?
  • Yes Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone will step in. Votes: 9 81.8%
Total voters: 11
7