Chapter 7: Court is in session
44 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A single figure emerged from the lit portal, slowly appearing from behind the judge's bench and sitting down in the chair. The figure was an older looking male with short white hair and a well-maintained beard and mustache to match. If you didn't know he was a god, then you might have guessed him to be in his late sixties or early seventies. Either way when someone looked at him, they could instantly feel an aura of power coming from him. It was this sense of power that let you know that he was in charge. 

"This court is now in session," the same loud voice boomed, the sound was so loud that any human's eardrums would have busted if they had heard it, the gods and goddesses though just found it slightly loud. The man from the portal just sat down in the judge's seat pulling out what looked like a stack of papers from thin air and began rifling through them. None of the gods or goddesses dared to speak up and instead opted to wait for the man to be done and make the first move. The diva goddess could only stare in horror awaiting her fate.

"From the report it seems this court is in session due to Kalo's attack on Ziuna, but something isn't adding up, why would the normally calm Kalo attack her unprompted?" The man said while holding the report in one hand and holding it up while looking around to court, seemingly checking to see if everyone was in attendance. Then after a few seconds of contemplation began to speak again. 

"Kalo why did you attack Ziuna, I want a full explanation, leave nothing out, and remember that this will be your only chance to avoid punishment," he said while putting the report down. He looked up from his bench to make eye contact with Kalo. The diva goddess sat there in silence with beads of sweat running down her face. It wasn't hot in the heavenly realm; it was the situation that was causing her to sweat so much. She was desperately trying to figure out a way to get out of this but didn't dare speak out of turn, fear of what the man might do keeping her from trying anything. 

"It was due to me losing my temper after a long set of errors and continual mistakes from Ziuna. I finally lost it once our plan for Robert Alexander had been completely ruined," Kalo said after breaking eye contact with the man, looking down as he told his story. The elder god just nodded as Kalo talked, taking everything in, but when Kalo mentioned that the plan for Robert had been ruined the elder god could be seen getting visibly upset, his gavel shattering under his strength. The elder god slowly stood up and walked back through the still lit portal, taking quite a while before he returned. None of the gods or goddesses moved during this time and instead just waited patiently for his return.

Once the elder god walked back through the portal he appeared a lot calmer, but anyone who had the unfortunate ability to see his eyes could instantly tell that he was still furious but had somehow managed to regain enough control to continue the court session. The elder god slowly sat back down in his chair and pulled another gavel from thin air, this time placing it down next to him. He clasped both his hands together and took a deep breath before taking a few more moments to regain a little more composure. It was only after that did, he speak again. 

"Kalo, tell me how our plan for earth was ruined, and tell me what happened to that human," The elder god boomed, a hint of his anger still lingered in his voice, all the gods and goddesses could feel it and some even began to tremble in anticipation of what was to come. The only god who didn't falter at the anger was Kalo who managed to remain calm and collected enough to shoot a glance at Ziuna before beginning his tale of the events she had caused. It took quite a while before Kalo had gotten to the part where the diva goddess had killed Robert, but before he could continue the elder god spoke up interrupting his story.

"If she killed him, he should still be here, we could just resurrect him like we did before and have him act as a divine messenger, it might change our plans a little bit, but nothing is ruined," the elder god said visibly relaxing as he did. The only two who didn't relax were Kalo who had now joined the diva goddess in her sweating and the diva goddess who had now given up on life. She was so terrified that she could no longer move, if she tried to do anything she wasn't sure she could stop herself from trying to run away.

"That won't be possible sir, Ziuna transported him to Esteria and gave his gift to another human," Kalo said looking down hoping that if he couldn't see the elder god then his rage wouldn't exist. For the first few moments nothing happened, and for Kalo who couldn't see what was going on it was like the calm before the storm, it wasn't until curiosity killed the cat that he looked up to see what was going on. For everyone else who had been watching, they watched the elder god go blank faced after Kalo mentioned what had happened to Robert, then without warning lightning began to crackle around the elder god. 

The elder god slowly rose from his seat but this time it wasn't simply standing up he slowly floated above his chair and above all the gods and goddesses, his eyes turning a lightning blue and the skies began to turn a dark gray. It was at this time that Kalo looked up, but before he could do or say anything lightning began to rain down across the heavens, hitting randomly as the elder god could no longer control his rage. Somehow none of the lightning hit any of the gods or goddesses but only the surroundings outside of the court. This continued for quite a while before the lightning blue left the elder gods eyes and he regained himself, slowly floating back to his chair. 

"Where is the divine gift now?" The elder god asked once he had sat back down and taken a second to calm himself. Kalo who was more used to the elder gods rage than any of the other gods or goddesses was able to slowly calm himself down and regain enough composure to answer his question.

"I have been told that it has been given to another human," Kalo said with a shaky voice, unsure if the elder god would go into another fit of rage or if he would be able to control himself. While Kalo did hate the diva goddess he still felt a little bad for what might happen to her, unsure of how the elder gods anger might affect her punishment. It took a while for the elder god to speak again, this time though he had managed to control his anger but every vein in his face had tensed up easily visible. No lightning and thunder stuck this time though, giving the other gods and goddesses time to regain their composure. 

"Ziuna, which human did you give his blessing to?" The elder god asked after the veins in his face had returned to normal, he didn't ask the question nicely just not with lightning striking down on her. The diva goddess slowly looked up at the elder god and began to speak.

"I gave the blessing to a cancer scientist named Martin Ladd," the diva goddess eventually responded with, so happy that she had bothered to look at the name of the human she was giving the blessing to. This news seemed to calm down the elder god immensely, with a now calm face he stood up and exited through the portal once more. This time returning much faster than before but this time he was holding what looked like a blue gray orb, placing it down on the bench as he sat back down in his chair.

"I have collected the blessing, you can thank your lucky stars that you remembered the human's name, because if you hadn't then your punishment would have been the immediate removal of your existence," the elder god said while stroking his beard. He appeared much calmer now and could be seen picking up the report once again clearly thinking over everything that had been said. It only took a few minutes before the elder god stopped stroking his beard and began to smile, the diva goddess could feel a chill going down her spine as he did. 

 "I think I have thought of the perfect punishment for you," the elder god said while smiling. The diva goddess could only gulp in response, knowing that whatever he had thought of wasn't going to end well for her.

4