Prologue
72 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The night was chilly and peaceful in the Demon World, not a cloud to be seen in the sky under the blood red moon and in a lone room where the moon’s light filtered through the curtains, a figure moved about excitedly.

Mau, the current Demon King, laughed excitedly as he held a picture in front of his face. In the picture was a beautiful girl and behind her was her father.

The grinning girl wore a high school uniform, her head held high in pride and confidence. She had long, flowing hair that she let loose and a pair of narrowed, dark brown eyes. It was clear from how she held herself that she was born to command. A natural leader, so to say.

Her father, however, held no resemblance to her. He was wearing an apron that said ‘World’s Best Dad’ in front and was holding up a peace sign. He had a black, messy hair, a slightly stubbly chin with the corners of his black eyes crinkled as he gave a lazy smile towards the camera.

Mau sighs dreamily before he looks at the picture before he takes a pair of scissors from the drawer, clicking his tongue in distaste, “Let’s take the ugly one out from this masterpiece...”

Meanwhile, at the entrance of the Demon Castle, a seething figure slammed the huge double doors open with an elderly-looking demon barging in.

“WHAT IS THIS ABOUT AN UNPLEASANT RUMOR ABOUT HIS MAJESTY?!” His booming voice echoes down the hall, the servants who were just doing their job looking at him with wide eyes in varying expressions of alarm and surprise and  none were brave enough to answer or get close to him, except one.

It was the Demon King’s personal assistant, Mathilda the Succubus.

Her face was blank as she approached the elderly demon, bowing in respect. “What rumour would you like to specify, former Demon King?” She asks bluntly.

The elderly man paused. “There are other rumours?”

Mathilda nods, stoically saying, “Yes, there are three most popular rumours being spread around and one is about His Highness going to the Human World and stealing a picture of a certain someone, another is about His Highness stealing something from a certain someone to add to his shrine collection, and the last one is of His Highness stalking a certain someone like a disgusting pervert he is.”

‘This girl...’ The former Demon King squints at Mathilda. He then waves his hand in a nonchalant manner.

“Never mind those baseless rumours, there are more important matters to attend to,” the expression on his face turns serious. “What’s with me hearing my son liking someone? What’s more, him liking a human!”

“Ah,” Mathilda nods, “That rumour is indeed true. Along with the other three I’ve mentioned. Is there something wrong with it?”

The elderly demon stumbles backward in shock as he registers what the other demon just said before he takes hold of the succubus’ shoulders and shakes them.

“This cannot happen! A Demon King falling in love with the Heroine destined to destroy him is just asking for the extinction of all Demonkind!”

Mathilda opens her mouth and attempts to say something but is cut off.

“I need to stop that no-good son of mine from making a grave mistake! This is absolutely forbidden!”

“Your Hig-“

“Demon Kings and Heroes have always fought for ages and ages but to have them fall in love with each other is unprecedented!”

“Please listen to-“

“Yes, this must be the heroine’s trick! She most likely is using her beauty to seduce the current Demon King so she can kill him! I must stop him!”

“It isn’t what you think-“

The elderly demon wails, “This forbidden love must be stop before my son hurts his heart!”

“He’s not in love with the heroine...” Mathilda manage to say out, murder in her eyes at being interrupted continuously.

The other demon pauses and stares at her in disbelief, mouth open.

“Then wh—“

“Her father.”

“What...?”

“His Highness is in love with the Heroine’s father.”

...

Inside his room, Mau had just finished cutting out the Heroine’s father’s picture and was carefully taping it on his wall, along with the other picture of the Heroine’s father that he had stolen.

He crumples up the excess picture with Heroine herself in it and throws it into the trash bin, sighing dreamily as he takes a step back and look at the masterpiece he’s made.

He caresses the newly propped photo gently and slowly, muttering under his breath, “I love you, An.” as he ignored his father’s loud “WHAT?!” that echoed throughout the castle.

Psh, his father was such a drama queen.

Henlo, it's 3 in the morning and I decided to write this from the drafts I have in my phone because it's been in there for almost 2 years now. I hope you like it because my back is killing me. \( ̄▽ ̄)/

Does it seem too rushed?

1