Chapter 0: Awakening
84 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Greetings everyone, I'm Gon Freecss, and I'm five years old.

Before we get started, let me take a moment to calm down. After all, no one is more flustered about this situation than me.

Let's get this straight. I woke up one morning and realized I was in the world of Hunter x Hunter, and I had memories of my previous life. However, I also have scattered memories from before I was five, so it seems like I wasn't possessed but rather reincarnated as Gon from the very beginning. I guess you could say my memories have just started to resurface now that I'm older.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem like my personality has changed drastically. I've always been a bit of a handful, known for my strange behavior.

Now, let me explain the biggest reason I believe I'm not a mere possession but a true reincarnation. It can be summed up in one sentence:

At the age of five, Gon has already opened his Aura nodes and can maintain Zetsu.

For those familiar with Hunter x Hunter, you know this is crazy. In the original story, Gon doesn't awaken Nen until he's 12, and even then, it's through a forced and unorthodox method known as the 'shortcut'.

On the other hand, I've been slowly but surely working on my Nen abilities since I was a baby, even before I could walk. I'd use any spare moment I had – "anything other than sleeping, eating, or going to the bathroom" at first, and then "anything other than rampaging, eating, sleeping, or going to the bathroom" as I got older – to practice the basics of Nen. After years of dedicated meditation, I finally achieved Nen awakening, following the true path of a Nen practitioner.

Some might argue that a five-year-old Gon showing such Nen talent is ridiculous, that he's just a weakling who should restart his Nen awakening speedrun. But I say, underestimate the power of a child's instincts! In fact, I'm proud of myself for awakening Nen with almost no conscious effort, even with my hazy knowledge of the original story.

Of course, my Zetsu is still unstable, and I tend to leak aura when I'm sleeping or eating. But that's just beginner stuff.

Now that I've established my current situation, let's think about my future as the protagonist of this story. First and foremost, I cannot ignore the original story. Yes, there are many dangers ahead, but the potential rewards – the relationships, the power – far outweigh the risks.

As for the original Gon, he would have retired after the Chimera Ant arc. But thanks to my early Nen awakening, I was able to beat a fox-bear in a wrestling match in the forest the other day. This suggests that I can avoid the drastic changes to the story that would have happened if I followed the original Gon's path.

As a fan of Hunter x Hunter, I have a deep respect for the original story, the pinnacle of the series. However, now that I've been reincarnated as Gon, I can't help but have an ambition that goes against that respect.

I want to become the strongest Gon.

Every fan of Hunter x Hunter has at some point imagined new Nen abilities or modified existing ones for fun. Of course, I've done my fair share of daydreaming about Nen, constantly thinking about what abilities would make me the strongest.

And now, I've been reincarnated as Gon, the protagonist and one of the most talented characters in the series. If I don't strive to be the strongest, I'll be a failure as both a man and a fan.

With that in mind, I've decided to take on a mentor-like role in the story, using my knowledge of the original to guide my friends. With a bit of luck, I might even be able to help them open their Hatsu orifices during the Hunter Exam. And as the people around me get stronger, so will I.

Now that I've made up my mind, I'll continue to practice my Zetsu while also training my physical abilities in the natural world, just like the original Gon.

"Aunt Mito! I'm going to play in the forest!"

"Alright, alright. Just don't go too deep, and be back for lunch."

"Got it! I'm off!"

"Bye-bye."

I will become the strongest Gon!

3