Chapter 24 Age of Preparation
1.7k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I threw my self on my newly formed bed as a wave of exhaustion washed over me. I rolled onto my back and pulled my wings and halo into me and stared at my star-speckled ceiling. Lately, I found my self drawn more and more to space and stars, and I'm not sure why maybe it's my mind adjusting to my new body now that I'm not overwhelmed with as much. I flexed my hands and then my arms and noticed how different I felt. My arms felt lighter and airier. My fingers cut through the air with ease, and whenever I walked, I found my self hovering for a split second when I took a step.

I sat up from my bed and gazed at the walls. They were, thankfully, standard metal walls that had two square boxes that emitted a faint purple light. That was another thing I found my self more attracted to. The color purple just felt more and more relaxing the longer I stared at it.

I glanced down and stared wistfully at my bed. Because of my tireless trait, I have had no reason to sleep. The concept started to seem more and more alien to me, though now I can get a lot more done then when I was human.

After I got back from the guild HQ, I decided to take a few days off and process everything that has happened. I know I didn't quite have the time that I would like, but hopefully, these few days would help me clear my mind and get my priorities straight.

I stood up, and my feet hit the floor. I stood there for a moment and closed my eyes and just felt the room around me. I felt energy swirl and dance around me at random. Some seemed to grow and then fade out of existence, while others just seemed to pass through a vale. This was all due to me taking the trans-dimensional domain and the oblivion domain.

I started to see the universe in a slightly different light, though I can't say I have grown any stronger. I still had around forty-five stat points to my name that I haven't placed yet. Thankfully Helios reassured me that I would still be magnitudes stronger than my races, so I don't have too much to worry about at the moment.

I decided to lay back down on my fluffy bed and pull up my new screen.

The Path of Godhood Character Sheet

Oblivion Domain

Oblivion Mastery: (I) basic

Oblivion Manipulation (I) basic

Passives:

Reduces cost of Oblivion related skills by 10%

Reduces negative effects of Oblivion related status effects by 30%

Grants a basic level of Oblivion manipulation, increasing your tolerance of Oblivion related corruption. (Scales with deity level)

*Due to your domain and path being the same, they have been merged into one. However, a path slot will still be locked.

Skills:

Devour (I)- Consumes lowest tier life force and mana force.

Negation (I)- Passive- Negates the lowest tier of magical force.

Bolt- Fires a small bolt of Oblivion at a target. Has a (3)% chance to inflict the corruption debuff on a target.

*Corruption debuff is a stacking D.O.T effect, and a 100 percent status effect mutates the afflicted target into a spawn Oblivion.

Trans-Dimensional Domain:

Dimensional Manipulation (I) Basic

Dimensional Mastery (I) Basic

Passives:

Reduces cost of Transdimensional skills by (20)%

It allows the user to access any Dimension*

Skills:

Dimensional step (I): Allows the user to slide through dimensions to arrive at a location quickly.

Looking Glass-Passive- Allows the user to perceive tears in the universe that originate from another dimension.

Translation- This is the active skill that lets the user slide into another dimension for extended periods.

*Some things are not meant to be seen. You have been warned.

Number of skills that can be applied to your class 0/2

*Number of skills that can be applied to a class is one skill per five Administrator levels with one applied for the base level

I read over the new menus and looked at the new skills. It appears the passives apply to me with having to put them in my class, which seems beneficial. In fact, all the skills can be used without having to be in my class, then what would be the point of having them there? I rubbed my forehead, and I realized that it would help with my class evolution!

I quickly read over my new additions as I tried to figure out what skills I wanted to add to my class. I was a dancer, which would mean that I could be kited out by faster opponents and bombarded at range by magic users or archers.

I glanced over my first domain, and I narrowed in on the skill negation. It negated the lowest tier magical force possible, which at the moment did not seem like much, so it was a start. It should evolve along with the rest of my class as I used it, and it should be somewhat beneficial to me. Sadly I didn't have a physical reduction skill. Otherwise, I would have added that in too.

Now, what should I put as my second skill? As much fun as bolt seemed to be, and I needed something in my class that could act as a decent gap closer. Besides, it's not like I was losing the other skills; they would evolve with my domain instead of me personally.

I glanced through my second domain skills to see what I could use. Both the Translation and Dimensional step seemed like really good choices; sadly, I only had space for one more skill. I eventually decided that dimensional step would be the best option at the moment for a gap closer. It should pair well with my lunge skill, and allow me to cover distances much quicker. The translation skill seemed like a scary option to choose at the moment, especially considering the warning the passive version of the ability came with.

Class: Dancer of the Echoing Mirror

Level: 1 (25.00 % to the next level)

Known Skills:

Sequence One- Dance Macabre

Half sequence- Dance of the undying

Lunge

Dimensional Step(I)

Passive Skills:

Echoing Strike- Any swing of the weapons will leave behind a rift that, upon activation, will magnify damage dealt by 5 percent. Damage is increased by class level.

Mirror- Creates ethereal copies of your equipped weapons that deal 25 percent of damage dealt. Mirror clones are hard to control unless used in sequence. Control needed is affected by the Control, and Will. (Current reduction: 10%)

Haunting Echo- Creates a ghostly image of the user that mimics any attack or launches an attack. Chance to appear is based on Will and Control. ( Current chance: 8%)

Negation (I)- Negates the lowest tier of magical force.

Class evolution will occur at level 10

Satisfied, I closed down the screen and decided that I spent enough time lying in bed. I had stuff that I needed to do. I stood up and pressed my hand against a small screen, and the door slid up into the ceiling, and I walked out into the dimly lit hall. I decided that Helios would permanently be in charge of customizing the control room. It's not that I didn't want to do it. He had a better taste then what I did besides trying to look through all the menus to find specific stuff was kind of bothersome, especially for something as minor as changing the cosmetic appearance of something.

I walked down the hallway and through the various halls that had yet to receive a theme. After a time, I came to the large double doors of the Hall of the Gods.

I pressed against them, and they swung open into the large throne room. Helios has been doing some customization from the looks of it. He has added in some crystal chandeliers and some gold leaves that wrapped around the pillars like vines.

The biggest thing though that was breathtaking was the large panes of stained glass that let golden sunlight through that lit up the room. I gazed at the scene and appreciated it. I know that I told him to make it angelic, but this didn't seem like the other angel stuff I have seen. Almost as soon as the thought crossed my mind, I felt a small gust of air behind me.

"Greetings my lord. Do you like what I have done so far?" Helios asked me as he quickly walked up beside me. Instead of the patched and ragged clothing, he wore when I last saw him, he was clad in a natural white cotton shirt and a pair of tan cotton pants. At least my world is progressing far enough that clothes are getting nicer.

"I do, though, didn't I tell you that I wanted an angelic theme?" I asked as we approached the line of thrones. I saw that Nemesis finally talked to Helios about a throne. Her set was grey, and the back was chiseled into the visage of a raven extending its wings out. Behind the raven's wings was a golden scale that stood equally balanced. I think that meeting with Lucifer impacted her a little more than I previously thought.

"Yes, however, I decided that I wanted to go with the current Architectural standards they have. After all, it varies from world to world, and I wanted to make something unique to us." He told me as we walked past the thrones and into the meeting room we had set up.

"That was a good choice, and I appreciate how it looks; it captures the vibe that I wanted the room to give off."

"Your words warm my soul, my liege." He told me, and I detected faint hints of sarcasm though they were gentle enough that I just ignored it. I made a waving motion with my hand, and the door opened up, allowing us to enter the room.

"Anyways, let's discuss our next course of action. I know what we considered the last time we were in here about the angels and demons, but how are things currently going? Any change so far?" I asked as I settled into a chair and brought the hologram of Ouradia down close to us.

"I have started a petition for peace. A lot of the older Angels shot it down, though the younger generation seems more open to it. Maybe if I can keep up the pressure, I can sway the young ones and make an impact when the old die. However, I may create a host body and start trying to work on the Demons. It will be harder, but it will be better than an all art war." He explained to me as he touched the hologram and shifted to where the Angels and Demons lived.

I nodded my head in agreement. "I'm glad that we are making progress there. Anything else to report?"

"Not really. Everything is going smoothly. The Nazghouls are making a comeback though it's small. The Orcs have started to establish themselves across all the continents but where the Ancient Ones live." He told me as he scrolled across the planet until he got to the southernmost continent.

"Why?" I asked him as I suddenly became interested when it came to one of my created races.

"The Orcs launched a few attacks on them, but with each death of an Orc, the Ancient Ones only grew stronger. Now they have a few hives spread across the continent." Helios explained to me as he pushed the hologram away inches and settled into his seat.

"That's good to hear. I want to visit them soon. The next thing that I want to decide on is learning to become a fighter though I want to learn everything from magic to swordplay." I crossed my arms and extended my legs out, and felt them brush against the stone table.

"Well, it's good to know how to use everything. With you being a dancer, you should have a heavier focus on melee, over magic, though magic will give you a ranged advantage."

I nodded my head in response to him. "I want to learn it all, mostly, so I know where I can put my stat points to be effective."

"How many do you have? Let's get a few distributed so you can be in a good spot to visit Ouradia. Not they are strong enough to hurt you yet, but so you know what to build off of." He told me as he shifted forward in his seat.

"I have thirty stat points at the moment. I haven't touched them out of the fear of messing something up." Helios nodded and looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Bring up your status sheet. With me being your companion, I can see yours, but I want you to follow along with me."

I brought my status menus and quickly read through everything.

Stat Page Stats Available for relocation ( 30)

Health: 10,000 ( 13500) (0)

Stamina: 11,000 (16450) (0)

Mana: 13, 000 (10000) (0)

Sub Stats Available:

Grace (2) Will Power (0)

Finesse (1) Agility (0)

Control (1) Focus (0)

"Why does my status menu look different than that of my races?" I asked as I glanced over the screen to him.

"Most traits are compressed on an Administrator, mostly for ease of use, and because they don't get nearly as many stat points as the races they create. In fact, if you didn't have sub traits, you would have only had to worry about the big three." He told me as he typed in something on his screen.

"Well, what about the sub traits? What do they do?"

"For ease of use, the only sub stats you get are the ones related to your class. Thankfully you can level them up through practice and save your stat points for the major three." I read over the screen, and it started to make a little more sense.

"So if I wanted to level magical stuff, I would put points into mana, and if I wanted to do strength stuff, I would do health?" I asked him as I set my screen to the side.

"Yes, the only other thing I need to tell you is that even though you can level up sub stats through practice after a certain point, it gets exponentially harder to do so. There is also a little trick to level up your main three stats through practice though that is a time-consuming option to do so."

I nodded my head and brought my screen back. "Okay, so where should I put my stat points at for the time being then?

"Drop four into health, five into stamina, and four into mana. That way, you have a substantial boost to your stats and have a fair amount of leftover points." I clicked on the little plus tab that appeared next to my big three stats and immediately started to feel stronger as the I flexed my hands and felt a newfound strength flood through me, and I felt better. I clenched my fist and dismissed my screen. "Thank you, Helios. I was unsure about that." He shrugged and settled into his seat.

"It was of no issue, my lord. What is our next course of action?"

I glanced at my hologram for a few moments and thought over my options. I may be strong, but I have no form of training. I need to learn as much as I can before my protection period is up. I also don't want to screw with the drama between the Angels and the Demons. Well, not at least until I can defend myself. Yes, I may be able to kill every last one of them without being trained, but that was beside the point.

"Helios, where can I go to get trained on my planet? Which would be the best place to go?" I asked him as I mused over my thoughts for a moment.

"That would depend. The Dark Elves are mighty mages, so they are a go-to for magic. Angels and Demons are a go-to for magic as well though Demons are suitable for blade work. Drow spell singers are also powerful. Humans have a nice blend between both. The Ancient Ones are more on the ever-adapting side, but I don't think they would be a good pick. The Nazghouls are excellent crafters and swordsmen though they lack a little traditional magic." Helios explained to me as I nodded my head and listened.

They were all exciting choices, Dark Elves are amongst my favorite race, so I will need to visit them soon. I would stay away from the Angels and the Demons until we decided on how to deal with them. I would wait to visit the Nazghouls once I saw the course their race would take. The Drow could wait, since I already visited them and didn't want to deal with spell singers again. Maybe I would spend some time with the Humans. After all, it would be nice to go back to being one, even if it was just temporary. "I think this time I will go with the Humans. It would be nice to be with them again."

Helios nodded his head. "I had a feeling you would say that. Orsalon has a rather prestigious magical academy that you can go to. They happen to teach blade work as well as most forms of magic available. I also took the liberty of buying some of the racial specific classes and spreading them around, so you should be able to learn a fair amount wherever you go."

I looked at him for a moment, unsure if I should be surprised or not. I shrugged and decided to roll with it. "Thank you, Helios. I should make an avatar and see what Orsalon has to offer. Before I go, do the others have the same option of making a host as I do?"

"They do. So if you want to bring Nemesis along, feel free."

I stood up and walked over to the door. "Thank you, Helios, you are the best!" I yelled back as I left the room and entered the Hall of the Gods. I knew I could teleport to the place I needed to go, but there was something beautiful about walking there.

I walked into the Organic Assimilator Room and went over to the panel. The screen flicked for a moment before it turned on

Monsters Available 0/2

Host Available 0/1

So I only had one host available for now. I can make this work. I clicked on it, and it brought up the familiar customization screen. I clicked on the Human and bounced between the male and female options. I couldn't decide between either one of them, but I eventually settled on the female option. What could I say it was nice to be able to decide what I wanted to be.

I confirmed my choice and went to work, deciding on my appearance. I decided I wanted to be somewhat young. I didn't want to be too old and stand out, but just young enough to blend in with everyone.

I found the button to change the body's age and placed it to eighteen. I gave her long flowing grey hair and soft blue eyes and an ample chest. It was nothing too over the top, just proportionate. I shifted her height to that of Nemesis when I made her and changed her body around a bit to bring everything into some form of symmetry. I changed the skin tone to something a little pale. I went through the clothing list I had and gave her a tunic that looked to be a standard clothing piece amongst the humans.

It was a simple brown tunic that hung down to her knees and matching pants. I messed with the clothing a little just to bring it more into taste with my own and shifted the image around to take stock of what I made. She was beautiful, and I liked the body a bit. I confirmed the change and the screen flickered.

Would you like to name the host?

I stared at the screen for a moment as my mind blanked. I still feel kind of mentally dead from naming all this stuff. I racked my tired brain as I tried to come up with a suitable name. I glanced over my host body once and decided I wanted to name her something exotic, but I would give her my human last name, simply to serve as some form of familiarity. I went ahead and typed in Mclaughlin. Now for her name, something unique. I started thinking of names, and for some reason, the name Nia came to mind. I decided to name her Nia, even though the last name didn't fit, but it would be okay; after all, no one would know it if I didn't tell them. I clicked confirm and the screen went back to its normal message and a notification appeared on my screen.

Congratulations on making your first host! Ten creation points have been added to your inventory. The template of 'Nia Mclaughlin' has been permanently saved to your inventory. To equip, simply bring it up and select it. For further information, please see your system companion.

I dismissed the notification and brought up my inventory pages and looked it over. It was fairly well organized and was split into different sections. At least I could find something I was looking for if I had a general idea of what it was. I selected the template section, and another set of options appeared. Monsters, Races, Sub-Systems, Hosts, and a lot of others that I haven't even begun to touch on at all sat there. I went into the host section and selected Nia, and I felt my body start to change.

At first, it felt like somebody poured cold water over me, and it shocked me. Mostly cause since I became a Celestial Nephilim, I haven't felt the bitter touch of cold nor the fiery touch of heat. After a moment, the cold faded, and I stumbled as everything looked larger, and my sense of balance left me.

I fell to the floor in a heap and let out a groan. My body felt so much different now. I sat up and glanced at my hands. I looked over them and saw pale white hands. I clenched them, and I suddenly felt small. My body felt more contained. I sat back on my hands and let out a sigh of disappointment, as I could hardly feel the cold bite of the metal floor.

"You could switch certain stuff on and off in your host form." Helio's voice suddenly appeared behind me, causing me to jump, and a rather high pitched squeal escaped from my lips. I felt my skin flush, and I clenched my knuckles. Damn, this was going to be a journey I could feel.

"How would I do that?" I asked him as I brushed off my embarrassing moment. I thought over what I said and realized I had a very feminine voice. It was rather high pitched but not to the point of it being annoying. It was soothing, in my opinion.

"Just imagine what you want to shut off or turn back on. It's pretty simple." I nodded and imagined my cold resistance leaving, and I could suddenly feel the cold start to crawl into my palms. I let out a content sigh; I think I missed being human. This felt nice and familiar, though in a very distant way.

"Thank you, Helios, for that. Do you need anything else from before I go down to Ouradia?" I asked him as I stood up and brushed off my pants. I had to tilt my head up a bit to get a good look at his face, which was slightly irritating to do.

He gave me a small smirk and an exaggerated bow, "No, my lady, I have no such request." He gave me a wink, and I glared at him in turn. Not so much as being called a lady cause lets face it, I am one at the moment. But the fact that he was so asinine with his comment. I brushed it off since I expected it from him and decided not to dwell on it.

"Thank you, Helios. I am going to gather my daughter and make a trip to Ouradia. You are in charge while I am gone." I told him as I walked past him and tilted my head up. I was going to try and be somewhat confident in this new body.

"As you wish, my mistress." He purred out after me as I left the room. I rolled my eyes, as much as he annoyed me at times he was growing on me. I moved down the hallway and noticed how everything seemed different. It was a subtle change in perspective though it felt nice.

I eventually made it to the living areas and went down to Nemesis' room.I knocked quietly on the door and waited for a response, which came a few seconds afterward. "Coming."

The door opened, revealing Nemesis' familiar face. I gave her a soft smile and a greeting. "Hey Nemesis." She gave me a blank stare as she reached out and grabbed my wrist, which was slightly on the slender side and pulled me quickly into her room.

The door closed with a quiet hiss, and once it closed, she spoke. "So, do I still call you father, or do I call you mother now?" She asked me as she sat on the bed and crossed her legs. She was wearing a simple black leather shirt and a skirt that hung down to her knees. The room was dimly lit, and torches lined the walls casting an ominous glow on everything in the room.

I thought for a moment before shrugging, "Father, mother, it doesn't matter to me. Anyways I swung because I'm going down to Ouradia, and you are coming with me." I told her as I shifted my weight and crossed my arms.

"Oh, should I keep this form and just lose the wings and halo?" She asked as he extended her wings out for emphasis.

I shook my head, "Your skin is too red, it will stick out like a sore thumb. Create a host, and then we can travel down." She let out a sigh, and her skin started to quiver and turned into a shifting mass of liquid. The liquid expanded out before imploding back in revealing the form of a woman with long raven black hair and chocolate brown eyes with a cute button nose. Her skin had an olive complexion, and she had small breast that was tied down a pair of bandages that was visible through her cut tunic.

"Two steps ahead of you father." She said, and I noticed that unlike her other voice, this one was deeper. I nodded my head in approval and brought up a model of Ouradia and quickly zoomed in on the city of Orsalon.

"I am glad, that means we get to do this quicker, I told her as I looked for a spot to teleport to in the city, somewhere that was somewhat tucked away, and we wouldn't be seen as we teleported in. I found a place that was in an alleyway that seemed to be empty, and I grabbed onto Nemesis' smooth flesh and quickly teleported to the planet's surface.

38