Chapter 30 Age of Preparation
1.4k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, I decided to retcon the arc name, writing in a school setting is a pain, so I'm shifting away the central focus.. But there will still be stories there.


Location: Imperial Academy

"What did you think of the new applicant Alexander?" The headmistress of the academy asked me as I walked into her office. She had a small desk and a few quills for writing that were positioned haphazardly around the top.

"She was interesting; according to the gatekeeper, she has an affinity for every magic, which is typical of a human. However, what was odd was the fact he reported that some of the mana around him was being consumed. On top of that, some of the detected mana was vanishing from reality. There were also some traces of never before seen mana radiating from her." I informed the headmistress as I gave her a curt nod and quietly sat in the seat in front of her desk.

The older woman nodded her head and started chewing on the edge of the quill she was writing with, and her eyes lost focus. I found she did this whenever she was lost deep in thought. After a few moments, her foggy cerulean eyes settled on me. The wrinkles on her forehead creased a little more, and she set her quill down. "What do we know of the applicant so far?"

"Well, she came in with a wandering priestess of Nemesis. As a test to see how much the church was willing to back her, the gatekeeper charged her twenty gold coins." I replied to her and crossed my legs.

The headmistress let out a choked grunt and picked her quill back up. "He should know better than to trifle with that church and goddess. We all know how unforgiving they can become." She ruffled her grey robe and pulled out a scroll. "Please have the church reimbursed for half of that amount. I rather not have them breathing down my neck." She slid the scroll over to me, and I took it and placed it inside of my robe.

"Anything else, Headmistress?"

"Keep an eye on the applicant. If you notice anything strange, let me know. For now, we are going to see what she is capable of have her enrolled in the basic courses." She told me as she leaned her head back down and went back to work.

I stood up and gave her a curt bow and exited the room intent on completing the task she gave me.

Location: Somewhere in the south pole.

The Ancient Ones dragged away the bodies of the fallen Orcs and their dead comrades. I watched them as I walked closely behind them and thought over what I just did. I just killed for the first time in my life. I felt empty, but at the same time, I knew it was something I needed to learn how to do. I hovered above the ground and walked and pulled up my menu to check over my class. The fight brought up my class level by two. It wasn't much, but it helped me understand my class a little better than before. I dismissed the menu after looking at the time. I still had a few hours before daybreak in Orsalon so I could do some other side things.

I went back into the cave and followed through the mass of Ancient Ones as they dragged their plunders deep into the cave system. We eventually reached the cavern, and a portion of Ancient Ones dragged the Orc corpses over to the Hive Father. The giant lump of flesh used tentacles to grab the large Orc corpses and pull it into its maw that sat somewhere on the top of its head. "Thank you all-father for the support in that fight." Its deep voice boomed in my head.

I gave it a nod and rested my hand on its flesh. I gave it a smile, and I scrolled through the menu, looking for the option of choosing someone like my deities have already done. It wouldn't hurt to give Omega a boost. I would need allies, and maybe he can unify most of his kind. It would serve me well to have friends in the coming times. I found the option and read over its description.

Mark of the Chosen: Grants the selected user a permanent ten percent increase to all stats, and a permanent connection.

 

 

 

A ten percent increase to stats seemed like a lot, especially considering that it meant that any additional stat increase was also increased by ten percent. Well, I might as well mark the Hive Father.

I selected the option, and a new screen appeared for me to create a mark. I ended up gravitating to a star-based design. Lately, I have found my self super obsessed with the cosmos. Maybe my race was getting to me after all. I tampered with different designs quickly and settled on a star that had small gout of flame radiating from it. I gave it a light purple color that glowed softly from inside the etched picture.

I confirmed my choice and gave it to (Omega?) The giant blob of flesh shuddered in pain for a moment, and so did everything else around me. Every Ancient one in the room around me dropped to its knees and clutched its head in pain as my mark etched itself onto the flesh of the Hive Father.

Once the rune finished forming, I saw a notification appear on my screen.

You have selected your chosen. They now have a stat increase and proudly display your mark.

 

 

 

I crossed my arms and nodded my head and took a step back. Omega's milky white eye focused on me and began to speak. "Thank you for selecting me All-Father. What is it you require of me?"

Its voice sounded more intelligent than before, and it radiated a newfound power. "I want you to start unifying your kin. Bring them under your fold, either willingly, or forcefully for now. That is your task."

It bobbed its tentacles and blinked slowly. "Your will be done All-Father."

I glanced at my clock and saw that I had around three hours before I needed to be back at my dorm room. "So,I need to get going now, I have other matters to attend to. If you have any questions, I'll always be listening."

It bobbed its tentacles and I felt a wave of more intelligent orders start to cross through the hive mind. It was good to see them growing like this. But it was time for me to go. I'll stop by the control room and clean my host off; I would hate to start an Ancient One incursion in the academy.

 

I popped into the control room for a split second only to refresh my host body, insuring I killed any spore or part of the Ancient Ones that could cause a Hive to appear. Once that was done, I emerged back into my dorm room. I peeked my head out into the hallway and saw that Alexander dropped my schedule off for me. I grabbed the scroll and retreated to the uncomfortable woolen bed in the corner. I sat down on it and set the scroll down next to me.

Now that I was back, I could focus on reading over some important stuff. The first course of action would be reading over rules regarding invasions. I quickly searched through my menus and found all the information I was looking for that involved warfare between Administrators.

The Basic Administrators Guide of Warfare

Greetings Milky Way Administrators within this guide is a detailed explanation involving warfare between Administrators.

Section 1A Basic Warfare:

Administrators wage warfare based on level and rank. If an Administrator is more than five (5) levels higher than their intended target, then the declaration of war will fail. If the target is of the same level but a different rank, then the declaration will fail. How the war is waged is up to the Administrators themselves. This rule does not apply torwards extragalactic warfare.

Section 1B Declaration of War:

Before any attack can occur, the Administrator must declare war on their desired target. The declaration will take two revolutions to go through. Upon the initial declaration, both sides will be notified and given a preparation phase.

Upon the end of the preparation phase, all planetary and system modifications will be locked down. This also includes access to system modification for both parties for the planet that is being invaded.

Defender: The defender must either defend his control room or the planetary capital in the case of a barrier world or a standard planet. In the case of the control room or the planetary capital the Administrator has a set amount of time to retake it.

Attacker: If the attacking Administrator takes the objectives, they can either execute the Administrator or enslave them. The attacker can also kill the Administrator outright instead of taking over the objectives. If an Administrator leads the attack personally but is slain in battle, the attacker will be returned to his control room. The Administrator will also be locked out of another declaration war for no more than two full cycles, and the defender will be allowed to retaliate and counter invade.

Section 1C types of planets:

Capital World: The capital world is an essential part of any Administrator collective planets. It is the source of the Administrators power, and with it, the Administrator will die.

Barrier World: The amount of barrier worlds that you can have is based on your level. The purpose of a barrier world is to prevent other Administrators from outright invading your capital world. This option only becomes available after level ten.

Standard World: This is the standard planet that all Administrators have to build life.

Section 2A Guild Wars and Help:

Upon the declaration of war, the defender can call for help within their guild if they are in one. A maximum of two defenders can be called along with a maximum of two attackers. This number varies from the rank and level of the Administrators in question.

 

I read over the long amount of text quietly and thought about the implications of this. At least I would know when I would be invaded. But I wouldn't be able to have my capital world protected until I hit level ten. I dismissed the screen and decided to think about what I needed to do to get my planet ready for an invasion before reading any further down the list and into the Guild Wars and Help and beyond that.

I still had two full cycles of protection, which if memory serves, that's equal to roughly two months. I don't think I have any kind of enemy at the moment so I am willing to be bet I will have some sort of free time after my protection period up to make sure I am prepared.

I layed back on the bed, and the room turned dark. I rested on the bed to give my weary body a break from all the stress I have put it through. I glanced at my clock and saw that it was six in the morning and I reached out to grab my schedule. I opened up the scroll and saw that I would have classes from eight until six. That was perfect cause that gave me time in the evening into the morning to do the other things that require my attention.

My first class was an introduction to magic class, which would be of benefit to me since I needed magic to help my ranged fighting. That class lasted until ten. My next class was a history class, which I didn't care about. I could easily find that out without attending a class for it, but I'll still do it. That class was only an hour. Then we had a lunch period till twelve; then, after that, I have a combative class that goes until two.

Then some other filler classes that were of no importance to me. I closed the scroll and got out of the bed and straightened out my clothes and made sure my hair was tied up. I guess while I have time ill see if one of the students will show me around the campus. Maybe it can be that guy I saw eyeing me yesterday. I was never a female before I became an Administrator but its worth a shot to try.

41