Chapter 38 Age of Preparation.
1.1k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dont forget to add questions for Sundays Q&A. Also next chapter will introduce the final god for a while and explore Kairos Dancer class in depth along with his other skills. :) enjoy let me know what you think. Also early chapter for you guys <3

*made some copy paste errors rip me


I let out a tortured groan as I laid across the wooden desk in the back of the classroom. I really hate attending classes. It was so dull. I propped my head upon my arm and stared blankly at the instructor as he droned on about world history. He was currently going on about the first war between Orsalon and the Church, which occurred because of the birth of a new kingdom named Izalith, which was the first truly mixed kingdom on Ouradia. It was composed of mostly Humans and Dark Elfs, but welcome Nazghouls with open arms.

This piqued my interest slightly, and I made a note to visit it at some point. Maybe even keep it safe, cause I was curious as to what they would become. I pushed myself up off the desk and brought my menu up. Hearing about the Nazghouls reminded me to look up their template. I glanced around the lecture room before I brought up a copy of their template. From my experience, no one could see what was on my screen, but I still wanted to be cautious.

I kept glancing between the screen and the instructor to make sure that I was not missing anything too vital while I looked over the template. The screen seemed all fuzzy and blurry until I saw a notification appear on my screen.

You have unlocked the junior geneticist title. +10 creation points

Ah, I see. Once I unlocked that title, the screen became less blurry, and I started to understand how the mana channels flowed. But wait, something was missing. I began to read through the templates, searching for answers.

From what I could tell, Nazghouls did not actually have a body. They were composed mostly of magic and could only spread to corpses and reanimate them. The magic that controlled them appeared to be a very advanced form of necromancy, and they only counted as a partial species since they are missing a soul. The magic inhabits the body and brings it back to life, and instills a new personality.

While this may seem like they belong in the undead monster category, they actually only spread through magical contact instead of a virus. The magic can also condense and form bodies for it to inhabit, and they can reproduce with each other in the original way the host body could. The biggest thing that this race is missing is a soul, and I don’t even have a clue what to do to create one. I strummed my fingers across the desk and was torn from my thoughts by the instructor clearing his through.

“Nia, is my class boring you?”

I glanced from the screen and over to the instructor. Sadly I didn’t remember his name. Not that I didn't want to, but the fact that I only really come here for magic and sword work played a part in that.

The instructor eyed me with his grey eyes, and the sunlight caught on his light brown flesh, causing him to glow slightly, though I was not sure if it was magic, or just how the light danced the air. I glanced back at my screen. “No, sir. I was just looking at some notifications on my screen that just appeared.”

He glanced away from me and started to pace around the class. “Please refrain from looking at your screen until after class.” He grabbed a small scroll and started talking about world history again, and I closed the screen. I would need to think about this throughout the day and see what I can do.

My day came and went, and I ended back up in my dorm room away from everyone. I sat down on my bed and crossed my legs, and brought the template back up. After spending all day thinking about it, I was still drawing a blank on it. I opened up my menu and went into the search function and typed in 'soul'.

 Soul: A soul is one of the most powerful forces in any universe created and ran by an Administrator. It is eternal and can only be created and destroyed by extreme forms of  magic and or through natural birth. Though the amount of magic that can create a soul is far and few while many forms of magic can destroy it. 


 

Alright, well, that narrows it down. But do I have any magic that can create a soul? I brought over my inventory and separated my magic systems from everything else. So far, the only ones that stuck out to me for manipulating souls would be holy, dark, ethereal, grey, and ritualistic magic.

I brought up a summary of each magic and read through them.

Holy Magic: A magic that is used to manipulate and control holy mana. There is a strong emphasis on healing and defense, with few spells centered on offense. This magic can only fortify souls, but can not alter them or create them.

Dark Magic: A magic that is used to manipulate the direct opposite of holy mana. It is There is a strong emphasis on offense and area of effect spells with very few healing alternatives. This magic can transmute souls, but can not create or change them.

Grey Magic: A magic that was created through the combinations of two magics that were never supposed to be mixed. This magic is centered around offensive and defense and is extremely powerful but at the cost of stripping the user of other magical affinities. This magic can alter souls, and control them but not create them.

Ethereal Magic: A magic that was created recently by the merging of Grey Magic, Space Magic, and Gravity Magic. This magic is centered around the Afterlife and is able to use unique variants of each of the affinities used to create it. This is a magic that is focused on Offense and undead summons, and area of effect spells. This magic that can create souls and destroy them.

Ritualistic Magic: This is a magic that focuses on spells that can cause a wide variety of effects. This is potent magic that has been known to destroy entire star systems. Spells are focused on heavy-hitting power but at the cost of wind uptime. This magic can both create and destroy souls. Please note that destroying a soul can cause widespread damages.

So, I knocked out holy, dark, and grey magic as potential choices. That left me with ethereal magic and ritualistic magic as choices. Seeing as they both can create souls, I would do some testing with them and see what I can do, but I was leaning more towards ethereal magic at the moment since I didn't quite have the time for preparing a ritual, nor did I even know how to create one.

I brought the template up and looked at the mana channels and saw how the magic flowed in the model and gave it life. I glanced over to Ethereal magic and unlocked it with thirty creation points and dragged it over to the mana channels. I would do this one first since its the magic that my species has, and I want to get somewhat familiar with it myself.

I clicked on a button and the template expanded out from my screen and formed a large three-dimensional model in the air in front of me. Well, this was new. I used my mana manipulation skill, and a ball of ethereal mana formed in my hand. The mass of mana was green with white, black, and blue streaks in and pulsed with a strange pattern. The glow that it cast bathed the room in an ominous light.

I cupped the mana with my other hand and pulled it apart slowly. The mana stretched out like taffy, and I reached out with it and pressed it to the template. Thankfully this template did not have a true form but was a ball of floating magic.

The necromancy that already existed inside of this spell immediately began to attack the ethereal magic and began to devour it en mass. I gritted my teeth and fought back a growl of irritation as the last bit of magic was devoured. This was going to be hard. But thankfully, I don’t need sleep, which means that I can keep doing this until I am sure that it won’t work.

I formed another ball of ethereal magic in my hands and pressed it back into the template and began flooding the mana channels with it. The necromancy magic fought back hard and attempted to devour it once more. I forced more mana into the channels, and I saw my mana bar dip slightly in turn. The Ethereal magic started to lock itself into the mana channels as it overwhelmed the necromantic mana. Ah hah! So it will work! I began to pump more and more mana into the template and started to grow frustrated as the ethereal magic was slowly dissipated.

Basic mana manipulation has gained a level. You now have basic mana manipulation II

Ah, well, it's nice to see that there are incremental increases to skills. I pulled back from the template and was happy to see that some of the footholds I got in the model stayed after I stopped. That was reassuring. I layed back on the bed to get comfortable and started to stretch more ethereal mana out to pump it into the mana channels. I will finish this by the morning.

40