Chapter 44
1.2k 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Short chapter today! The next one will be action-packed! Also, new series comes out this coming Sunday, so stay tuned!


I set the message to the side and glanced at the date it was sent. I still had about three standard revolutions or, in other words, three days, so I still had time to work. I had to figure out who to bring with me since I did not want to compromise the safety of Ouradia in my absence. I would, for a fact, have to bring Inovia with me. I needed her to have experience in directing troops and working on mass strategy with others of her kind. It would be a blow to the defenses of Ouradia, but thankfully I still had the other gods here to defend it.

So who else? I think I would bring Steve along and shift the defense of Izalith to Abraxis since the kingdom is composed of his people. This way, I could get Steve some combat experience as well and let him go out and explore new places for a bit. As for the third god, I think I will bring Kyrie. She is a newborn, and I need her to get used to combat as well. That would leave Helios in charge, who I trust entirely, not to mention that Ouradia has a planetary goddess defending it. The other Gods have been busy doing their own thing. Nemesis, for example, has had lucifer over a few times, since she met him, at least that's what the logs say when I check them. Ferrarus doesn't leave his forge for much of anything, so I guess I would need to do some blacksmithing if I wanted to spend some time with him. I want Eros to work with Helios and get their people situated before I consider doing something with him. As for Abraxis, I am unsure at the moment of what to do with him. I still need to get a feel for what he prefers to do before I make a choice regarding what to do with him.

I sighed and stared out at the slowly turning planet. Every day, something else seems to happen, and it throws off my temp a bit. But I guess it can't be helped; I did choose to do this after all. As for my monster, I think I will find Quinn and drag him along. It should give him decent levels, and make up for me kicking him out of the house as soon as he was born. But I will drop that bombshell on them later; I need to get the ball rolling for the unification of the Angels and Demons.

Helios, Eros, Nemesis, I need you in my observation room now, please.” I sent the mental message out to the three gods and replaced the glass on my observation with that of a large image of the land bridge that connected the Angels and the Demons continents. The image was in real-time and showed the clouds that gently moved above the ground and cast large imposing shadows on the sprawling landscape. I could hear the waves of the ocean as they crashed into the giant cliffs and the distant howl of the wind. I settled into my chair and dimmed the lighting in my observation room.

A split second later, the three gods appeared and gave me a brief nod. “Welcome, you three. Sorry for the interruption Nemesis, I had a slight change of plan, and figured that using you would be most beneficial.”

She shrugged, and a chair materialized right next to me that she sat down in, “It's no bother, I wasn't doing anything important.” I crossed my legs and propped my arms up and interlaced my fingers.

“Alright, well, I'll explain it to you once I send these two on their way.” Nemesis nodded and shifted her attention to the screen. I glanced over to Helios and Eros and smiled at them. “So, thank you for coming today. Eros, are you ready? Do you have any last questions for me?”

He shook his head, and I could see him clenching his fist. He must be excited to lead his people finally, and I don’t blame him. I would do the same if I was in his position, “Remember, don’t reveal your self until I give the command. If you have any gear, you need for the coming battle, collect it, and get into position. You are free to go.” He swept his hair back and vanished in a poof of air.

“Helios, are you ready to go? Have all the proper plans been leaked, and your troops mobilized?”

“Correct my liege, they are at the pass now as we speak and are waiting for my command to march. My scouts report that the demons have assembled a force to counter them and are waiting for us to make the first move.” He told me as he started pulling on armor that was a brilliant white with a faint yellow hue.

“I see. Issue the command, I want you to appear shortly after Eros, and engage him in combat.” Helios nodded and adjusted his chest piece, which had light gold trimming on the edges and a swirling pattern that decorated the front. He tilted his head and looked into the distance before he turned his attention back to me. “It is done, my lord.”

I made a gesture, and the screen zoomed into the land bridge. On each side were small mountains that were composed of rolling plains. A sea of small red spider-like flowers painted the landscape and danced gently in the wind. On one side of the pass was an army of literal gold marching in unison. Large banners stood in the air and fluttered in the wind. The sound of metal jostling together filled the room. I could hear the wind whipping violently in the distance as storm clouds started to brew in the distance and were slowly starting to strangle the light.

Above the marching troops on the ground flew battalions of Angels that had four wings, and at the head of each one was an Angel that had five wings. Each angel was covered in armor that was crafted with utmost perfection. It was white with a deep golden glow emanating from the armor. The angels that were marching on the ground had long spears that curved gently near the top and were polished. On each of their hips was a sword with an almost imperceivable curve to it that lead to a golden pommel with a rose-red design etched into it. Each warrior had a matching shield that covered their body and tapered down into a triangle near the base. Each helm was molded to fit each head and had a tuft of white hair that extended down to their backs from the top of each helm. Each step they took was in unison and radiated purpose and intention and shook the ground like an earthquake.

“Helios, the Angels look rather impressive. Though can you tell me the hierarchy that they follow?”

His armor clanked as he adjusted it, and he glanced over to me as he pulled his long hair back into a ponytail. “You have the low born, who are angels with less than three wings. After you get your fourth, you become an Angel of Principality, and you are allowed to move up a caste level. At five, you become an Angel of Dominion, and you can become a noble. With six wings, you become a Seraphim, which qualifies you to lead large military forces and become a well reknown public figure. Once you hit seven wings, you become an Arch-Angel, which you can consider the ruling elite of the Angels.

At eight wings, you become a divine Angel, which are the true rulers of the angelic race. Sadly divine angels are an exceedingly rare breed, but having one is a significant boon to the populace.

I watched as the angels marched and came to a half near the middle of the land bridge. On the other side sat an army encased in red. Just like the Angels, the demons had battalions that flew over them. The armor they wore was form-fitted and tar-black with blood-red trim on the joint pieces. The spears the ground forces used had jagged blades and sharpened to a lethal point. Their helms reminded me of what spartans would have worn on earth, and each piece of armor was heavily polished. The shields that they used were as large as the soldiers and had a slight curve to it. Each battalion had different drawings that were emblazed on the front of the shield. Where the Angelic army looked radiant and holy, the Demons matched it with ferocity and ominous elegance.

“Are you familiar with the Demon hierarchy?” I asked as I tore my attention from the armies that stood almost half a mile apart.

“Hardly. You need to ask Eros he is better suited to it then I am. I haven't bothered to learn about them other than what military intelligence dictates, But its something that I should work on, I suppose.” Helios quietly replied as he strapped the last piece of his armor to himself and gazed at his helm before snapping his fingers and causing it to disappear. He then summoned a purple cloak and placed them carefully around his wings.

“I will be sure to do that. Are you prepared for the show?” I asked as I stood up and walked around him and helped secure parts of his armor and dusted off his cloak.

“As ready as I can be my liege.” His voice seemed distant and thoughtful, which I can understand; he was about to send a lot of his people to their deaths. It didn’t make me happy to do it, but I need to make sure that we were ready for an invasion. It was bothering me just thinking about the deaths that were about to happen. But I need to cut the emotion out of it; otherwise, it could get me killed. I took a deep breath and desperately fought off the feelings of guilt that rose in my stomach that came with the knowledge that I was about to send thousands of being to their death.

“Helios, give the command. Start the battle.”

36