Chapter 5: Traveler, What Does “Lady Wife” Mean?
499 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5, Section 005: Traveler, What Does "Lady Wife" Mean?

As night fell and the stars twinkled, Tiankong sat cross-legged on the roof, carefully feeling the changes in the soul power within his body.

The force that had appeared out of nowhere at the moment of his martial soul awakening, the so-called "innate soul power," should perhaps be described as "elemental force" in Tiankong's case.

This power was immense, not only enhancing his physical body constantly but also more potent than what he understood soul power to be.

"Soul power doesn't usually do this, does it?"

"Raiden Shogun, is it you?" Tiankong suddenly called out in his mind.

He had a feeling that his other martial soul was indeed the wife of the Raiden Shogun!

After his soul power test, Yu Yuanzhen and the others hadn’t clarified what exactly happened during his martial soul awakening.

This left Tiankong quite perplexed; if it were just the awakening of the Naginata of Seagrass, their reaction before the test wouldn’t have made sense.

Just as Tiankong felt disappointed from the lack of response, a purple figure appeared beside him—though called a figure, she was solid.

"Traveler, we meet again."

A voice, pure yet filled with longing, echoed in Tiankong’s ears.

She wore a short purple kimono with long black stockings...

Her purple pupils betrayed no emotion.

Tiankong was slightly startled, his thoughts confirming his suspicions.

Was the Shogun addressing him as the traveler Tiankong?

That was not incorrect, after all, he was controlling the character, and he indeed was "Tiankong." However, the princess of the abyss wasn't his sister but Tiankong's sister.

"Are you the Shogun, or are you the shadow?"

He had drawn the Raiden Shogun in a card game, and it had nothing much to do with Ei. Tiankong was eager to know who exactly this person was.

Really, who she was didn’t matter, as they all looked the same...

Right, my lady wife?

"I am the Raiden Shogun, I am the unchanging law of all ages, I..."

"Is she currently asleep within me? Should I call her out?"

"???"

Hearing this, Tiankong blinked in surprise. Not only had the Shogun followed him, but Ei had come too?

That made sense, though. He had drawn the card of the Raiden Shogun, but indeed, the Raiden Shogun shared a body with Ei.

Her coming along was only to be expected.

Tiankong quickly waved his hand and said, "No need, if Ei is asleep, let her be."

"By the way, Shogun, don’t you have anything you want to ask me?"

Suddenly being transported to another world, the Raiden Shogun and Ei hadn't asked a single question, which was very odd.

"A different world, a traveler, aren’t we simply doing what you once did?"

The Raiden Shogun retorted.

In Teyvat, travelers occasionally arrived, and the beings of Teyvat were used to it; it was no big deal.

Tiankong: "…"

You make a good point, and I find myself at a loss for words.

Suddenly, as if the Raiden Shogun remembered something, she turned to Tiankong and asked, "Traveler, what does 'lady wife' mean?"

"When I first heard your call, you said something about 'Lady Wife of the Raiden Shogun, respond to me'…"

Tiankong blinked and opened his mouth, slightly at a loss for words. Looking at the Raiden Shogun, who thankfully wasn’t holding her naginata, he finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Given his understanding of the Raiden Shogun, her asking this question wasn't her making fun of him; she genuinely didn't know what it meant.

"Lady Shogun, you see, the term 'lady wife' includes 'lady,' which is a respectful title."

"'Lady Wife of the Raiden Shogun' is how we respectfully address esteemed individuals in my hometown."

Tiankong managed to say without blushing or losing his breath.

It seems uncertain whether he can withstand this thoughtless slash.

"You're lying, and yet not lying, how strange?"

Tiankong: "???"

Was he almost exposed?

Raiden Ei is a country girl from the Inazuma countryside. As the precursor to Raiden Ei, Raiden Shogun was equally naive.

She doesn’t really reason; if possible, she'd rather strike first with her naginata.

"Wait, Raiden Shogun, do you feel like your power is sealed or has disappeared?"

Tiankong quickly changed the topic, which was the question he most wanted to ask at the moment.

Hearing this, Raiden Shogun hesitated slightly and after thinking for a while, she said, "My power hasn't completely disappeared, but it's closely linked to you. How much strength I can exert depends on your elemental power."

"This world is indeed interesting."

Tiankong nodded; it seemed that after becoming his martial soul, the Raiden Shogun's power had likely vanished.

What about Ying Bao?

Glancing at the somewhat dazed Raiden Shogun, this silly country girl probably didn’t know either.

"Madam Raiden Shogun, why don't you go back and rest first?"

The Shogun appears but doesn’t consume much elemental power—no, it should now be called soul power.

Without battling, the Shog

un can exist for about four to five hours.

Having tricked the Shogun before, calling her "madam" again came more naturally to Tiankong.

"I don't need to rest."

As a puppet, she doesn't need rest.

Tiankong: "…"

"Tomorrow, it seems you're going to acquire that soul ring, so I won't disturb your rest."

After saying this, Raiden Shogun transformed into a purple lightning bolt and returned inside Tiankong’s body.

"Phew…"

Tiankong shivered all over; he had managed to hide his secret. The paper figure he once thought of as his wife had actually become his martial soul.

Even when he first crossed over, Tiankong had never dared to imagine such a thing.

"How much strength the Shogun can exert depends on my soul power; I don't need to absorb a soul ring for now."

"Then, let the Engulfing Lightning Naginata be my first martial soul. It used to be the accompanying divine artifact of Ying, later worn by the Shogun."

"On the Douluo Continent, it would certainly be considered a super divine artifact."

"After all, the Sea God’s Trident struggles to even smash a city wall... Hahaha... That’s hilarious."

Thinking this, Tiankong returned to his room, closed the door, turned off the light, and fell asleep all in one go.

He was asleep, but some people were still awake.

"Big brother, why didn't you tell me about this earlier?"

"If you had told me earlier, how could I possibly have offended this great god!"

Yu Luomian complained to Yu Yuanzhen.

Tiankong had only awakened a martial soul, but it had already caused a sensational phenomenon, a divine presence, turning a divine artifact into a martial soul.

It was stunning!

Yu Luomian still hadn't quite recovered from the shock.

"Tell you earlier?"

Yu Yuanzhen snorted coldly, pointing at Yu Luomian's nose: "Should I have told you sooner? Do you even regard me as the clan leader anymore?"

"I personally brought back this divine child, and I show him great respect! But you guys look down on him!"

"Such a young kid, is it worth your disdain just because of his surname?"

"You are regressing!"

"If I fall one day, with you lot, how will you uphold the glory of the Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon Clan?"

(End of Chapter)

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

25