Chapter 7: The Wheel of Hundred Eyes
332 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: The Wheel of Hundred Eyes

In the Sunset Forest, an elderly man and a young boy walked leisurely, seemingly unconcerned about the potential dangers lurking around them.

"In the sky, during the soul-hunting season, the truly terrifying ones are not the vicious soul beasts, but rather the other soul hunters," Yu Yuanzhen explained to Tiankong as they walked, teaching him the survival tactics within the world of soul masters.

These survival tactics were lessons learned from both the experiences of ancestors and his own.

In his youth, the Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon Clan to which Yu Yuanzhen belonged was not particularly powerful. Back then, the world of soul masters often involved battles to the death over minor disputes.

A single misstep could lead to a fate where one had no place to be buried.

Tiankong was not really a child. With just a slight hint from Yu Yuanzhen, he could even deduce further insights on his own.

But there was no need for that.

"I understand, Grandfather," Tiankong responded with a nod.

The world of soul masters was nothing like schools, soul combat arenas, auctions, or competitions.

Cruelty, the law of the jungle, and survival of the fittest defined the real world of soul masters.

Suddenly, Yu Yuanzhen paused and stopped walking. He seemed to sense something, furrowing his brow and saying to Tiankong, "There are two soul power fluctuations over here, no, now there's only one."

Yu Yuanzhen's sudden change in speech clearly indicated that the owner of the missing soul power fluctuation had indeed disappeared.

After a brief moment of thought, Yu Yuanzhen picked up Tiankong in his right arm, moving swiftly like the wind. From Tiankong's perspective, the scenery flashed by rapidly, and the trees seemed to retreat swiftly, much like traveling on a high-speed train.

In a few breaths' time, a dark golden "bear" over two meters tall appeared before them.

At that moment, it was gnawing on something. Judging from the scattered pieces of fabric around, it was likely not a soul beast.

Yu Yuanzhen frowned, intending to cover Tiankong’s eyes. Such a scene was not suitable for a child.

When he turned to look at Tiankong, he noticed the child was pale, his eyes wide open, completely motionless as if his soul had left him.

It was already too late to cover his eyes.

"This type of bear is a first for me as well; it's dark golden, with long fur, and its claws are even more formidable than those of the Terror Claw Bear," Yu Yuanzhen mused, seemingly explaining to Tiankong but also trying to identify the bear's species.

"If I'm not mistaken, it should be a descendant of a Dark Gold Bear and a Terror Claw Bear."

Upon hearing this, Tiankong's lips twitched, and the nauseating feeling he had began to subside significantly.

What kind of Dark Gold Bear and Terror Claw Bear hybrid? Its lineage goes back to its ancestors!

The Dark Gold Terror Claw Bear!

A super soul beast stronger than the Titan Giant Ape and the Azure Bull Python!

A Dark Gold Terror Claw Bear that is a hundred years old can fight ordinary soul beasts of ten thousand years old, indicating just how formidable this species is!

"Grandfather, can you estimate how old this bear is? I feel a connection with it!"

After a mental struggle, Tiankong's eyes shone brightly as he stared at the Dark Gold Terror Claw Bear nearby.

A super soul beast! Its quality, its soul ring, were perfect for most martial souls relying on attack, strength, or even defense.

Attack, defense, strength — a species nearly perfect in all three aspects, how could it not be strong?

Even the Beast God Emperor Tian was injured by its Sky-Tearing Claw!

Despite the brutal beating from the Beast God Emperor Tian, the bear survived!

Yu Yuanzhen was momentarily stunned. Indeed, just by looking at this soul beast, one could mostly tell its main attributes.

Strength — bear-type soul beasts are typically representatives of strength; attack — look at its claws; defense — its dark golden fur signifies its "Dark Gold Bear" lineage.

Yu Yuanzhen had seen how strong the defense of a Dark Gold Bear could be. Wait, Tiankong’s martial soul is a scythe; why would he need defense?

Best not be defense, best not be defense…

Yu Yuanzhen muttered to himself briefly before he started to assess the Dark Gold Terror Claw Bear.

"Its aura doesn't seem to reach a thousand years; it's probably around nine hundred years old. Even for a Soul Grandmaster, attempting to harvest its soul ring would carry a high risk."

Yu Yuanzhen furrowed his brow. The absorption of a soul ring was related to the physical strength of the soul master. Even the Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon soul, the number one beast soul in the world, couldn't absorb a first soul ring from a soul beast older than five hundred years.

Tiankong, although innately at level twenty and close to becoming a Soul Grandmaster, had not yet been enhanced by a soul ring. Theoretically, his first soul ring shouldn't be from a soul beast older than five hundred years either.

Starting with a soul ring suitable for a Soul Grandmaster could likely lead to his body exploding and death.

Yu Yuanzhen explained this to Tiankong, who was no ordinary child and couldn't be judged by normal standards for absorbing soul rings.

After hearing Yu Yuanzhen’s words, Tiankong also fell into deep thought. The absorption of a soul ring was not something to be taken lightly.

After a long pause, Tiankong's gaze sharpened. "The bold may die of their daring, but the timid die of hunger. Is it just a nine-hundred-year-old Dark Gold Terror Claw Bear?"

Giving up would mean... survival is crucial.

Just then, a voice suddenly rang out in his mind.

"Traveler, are you afraid of the excess energy in the soul ring?"

Tiankong shuddered and quickly responded, "Yes, Raiden Shogun, do you have any solution?"

"This is no difficult task."

As soon as Raiden Shogun's words finished, Tiankong felt a change in himself.

Behind him, a "purple soul ring" appeared, which was different from ordinary purple soul rings.

At the top of the "soul ring" was a large triple thunder pattern, similar to the pattern on the Shogun's body.

"The Wheel of Hundred Eyes?"

Tiankong blinked. What use was the Wheel of Hundred Eyes?

Could it solve the problem of excess energy?

"Traveler, when you absorb that so-called soul ring, you can store the excess energy in the Wheel of Hundred Eyes."

"The energy stored inside can't be absorbed, but it can be used in battle."

"During combat, the Wheel of Hundred Eyes can also be used. It will automatically absorb the elemental forces and soul power nearby, among other energies."

"This method of using the Wheel of Hundred Eyes is yours to learn, consider it a belated birthday gift from yesterday."

"Thank you, Raiden Shogun!"

Tiankong quickly expressed his gratitude in his mind.

Yu Yuanzhen: "???"

At this moment, Yu Yuanzhen was utterly confused. What was happening?

How could something resembling a soul ring appear behind Tiankong?

Even if he didn't know what that mark was and had never seen it before, Yu Yuanzhen recognized it at a glance—it must be related to lightning.

It was almost identical to the deity who had descended yesterday, just a bit smaller...

(End of Chapter)

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

20