Chapter 9: Anomalous Soul Ring, Accompanied by a Soul Bone
356 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9, Section 009: Anomalous Soul Ring, Accompanied by a Soul Bone

 The yellow tinged with purple indicated that the age of this Dark Gold Terrorclaw Bear was not quite a thousand years but was close—probably about 900 years.

"Kong, go ahead and absorb the soul ring boldly. With Grandpa here to protect you, it’s just—"

Before Yu Yuanzhen could finish his sentence, Tiankong hurriedly waved his hands, looking towards Yu Yuanzhen with a face full of terror.

This was a special time to remain low-key, definitely not the time to jinx it! Who knows if there could be a problem while absorbing the soul ring?

"Grandpa, I know with your help nothing can go wrong!"

Tiankong quickly reassured him and then sat down cross-legged, with the Engulfing Lightning floating in front of him.

Guided by "soul power," the soul ring of the Dark Gold Terrorclaw Bear slowly fitted itself above the Engulfing Lightning.

One advantage of a weapon-type martial soul during the absorption of a soul ring is that the martial soul helps the soul master bear some of the soul power.

Yu Yuanzhen: "???"

For some reason, he felt Tiankong was a bit dismissive?

Tiankong was currently absorbing the soul ring and should not be disturbed, so Yu Yuanzhen didn’t say much else. He stood nearby, his attention on the surroundings, guarding against any potential dangers.

"Is this a soul ring? Quite interesting..."

The owner of this voice spoke no further and fell silent.

After about half an hour, Yu Yuanzhen, who was guarding Tiankong, noticed that the purple halo behind Tiankong lit up again.

First two marks, then three...

Finally, when it reached six marks, Tiankong, who was absorbing the soul ring energy, furrowed his brow, sweating profusely as if enduring some sort of pain.

The next moment, the pained expression vanished from Tiankong's face, and the yellow-and-purple soul ring firmly hung on the Engulfing Lightning.

Just as Yu Yuanzhen thought Tiankong had finished absorbing the soul ring, a rumble of thunder sounded in the sky, and a bolt of purple lightning struck Tiankong precisely.

Yu Yuanzhen: "???"

What was going on?

While Yu Yuanzhen was somewhat confused, Tiankong also looked bewildered. Hadn’t he already completed the absorption of the soul ring?

Where did this sudden surge of energy come from?

Soon, Tiankong realized something was amiss. How could this energy feel almost identical to his "soul power"?

"Could it be that when my martial soul awakened, not all my soul power was revealed?"

Fortunately, Yu Yuanzhen was unaware of Tiankong’s thoughts, otherwise, he might have remarked, "Silly boy, you've been struck by lightning!"

"That’s not right, this power is flowing into the soul ring."

Tiankong was puzzled, but he still received this energy.

Now it was Yu Yuanzhen’s turn to be stunned. The color of Tiankong’s soul ring changed right before his eyes!

From yellow with a hint of purple, it slowly transformed into purple, and this purple was different from the usual purple soul rings—it had a different pattern.

Soul rings also have patterns, but usually, nobody notices this.

The pattern on Tiankong’s soul ring resembled the marks on his back.

Although Yu Yuanzhen didn’t understand, he was greatly shocked.

Could this be the mark of that deity?

Comparing oneself to others can be infuriating.

Some people are favored by deities from birth, while others toil hard their whole lives without ever catching the deities’ attention.

"Ah~"

Yu Yuanzhen was in a state of self-isolation after the incident.

After Tiankong’s soul ring stabilized, another unexpected change occurred—this time, it involved his right hand…

Yu Yuanzhen: "???"

"An external soul bone?"

This couldn’t be. Absorbing his first soul ring, a mere "ordinary" little bear cub, unexpectedly produced an external soul bone?

Such items were unheard of within the entire Blue Lightning Overlord Dragon Sect!

Aside from hundred-thousand-year soul beasts, which are guaranteed to produce a soul bone, the chance of a ten-thousand-year soul beast dropping a soul bone is one in ten.

For a thousand-year soul beast, the chances are even lower, and for a hundred-year soul beast, it’s one in a thousand.

The odds for an external soul bone are even slimmer! Killing and absorbing the soul ring from such a soul beast only offers a one in ten thousand chance of yielding an external soul bone!

Yu Yuanzhen didn’t realize that for a super soul beast like the Dark Gold Terrorclaw Bear, the chances of dropping a soul bone are tens to hundreds of times higher than regular soul beasts.

Almost guaranteed to drop a soul bone, bad luck might yield a left arm bone, average luck a right arm bone, slightly better luck a left hand external soul bone, and extremely good luck a right hand external soul bone.

Moreover, these soul bones are of the finest quality!

Time passed, and another half-hour went by before Tiankong slowly opened his eyes.

He looked somewhat bewilderedly at the soul ring hanging around his body and then glanced at his right hand.

"I don’t know what's happening, but I guess this is what you call extremely good luck?"

A Dark Gold Terrorclaw Bear's right paw bone!

From his first ring, this soul bone would accompany him. If he were to grow to become a Title Douluo, even just using this soul bone would make him almost peerless throughout the Douluo Continent!

Legends from a thousand years later tell of a soul master who unexpectedly obtained the left paw bone of a Dark Gold Terrorclaw Bear. After becoming a Title Douluo, he was known as the Left Douluo, and just that soul bone made him famous across the Douluo Continent, illustrating how powerful an external soul bone from a Dark Gold Terrorclaw Bear can be!

After a while, Tiankong managed to calm his excited emotions and looked at Yu Yuanzhen.

"Grandpa, what's wrong with you?"

Seeing the wistful look in Yu Yuanzhen’s eyes, Tiankong felt a chill and asked in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

Could it be that he was jealous?

Yu Yuanzhen shook his head and earnestly said to Tiankong, "Tiankong, it's easy to conceal the matter of your soul ring, but as for the external soul bone, don’t use it carelessly unless it’s a moment of danger!"

"An external soul bone is different from a regular soul bone; it has the potential to grow and can only be absorbed by the soul master who absorbed the corresponding soul ring. Even if someone kills you, it won't drop."

"But... beware, one must always guard against the malice of others."

If Yu Yuanzhen hadn’t tested it himself, how could he be so familiar with the characteristics of an external soul bone?

What nonsense about not harboring malicious intent? In the world of soul masters, might is right, and weakness is the original sin!

Some people know that even if they kill a soul master who obtained an external soul bone, it won’t drop, but that doesn’t mean they can’t destroy it?

That’s why Yu Yuanzhen had such a discussion with Tiankong.

Tiankong nodded and said, "I understand, Grandpa."

Even if Yu Yuanzhen hadn’t mentioned it, he wouldn’t have used it carelessly.

Besides, his Engulfing Lightning was much stronger than this external soul bone.

For Tiankong, this soul bone was just a pleasant surprise; having it or not didn’t make much of a difference.

"Good, as long as you understand!"

Yu Yuanzhen breathed a sigh of relief, worried that Tiankong, with a child's mentality, might want to show off his treasure everywhere.

"Let's go, we’ll find your second soul ring…"

Before Yu Yuanzhen could finish, a muffled thunderclap sounded…

(This chapter ends here.)

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

15