Chapter 1: Six Years Old, Three-Star Dou Disciple
386 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Six Years Old, Three-Star Dou Disciple

In the Dou Qi Continent, in the Jia Ma Empire's Wutan City, there was a humble low building in an inconspicuous alley.

A five or six-year-old child sat cross-legged.

With specific hand seals in front of him, his chest rose and fell slightly. In the rhythm of inhaling and exhaling, a white stream of Qi flowed through his mouth and nose, entering his body.

In the Dou Qi Continent, it was not difficult to understand what this child was doing. This was a common method of cultivating Dou Qi on the continent.

"Hu..."

Su Yun opened his eyes, ending today's cultivation. He had been in the Dou Qi Continent for six years now, starting his cultivation at the age of four, and two years had passed since then.

Similar to the original protagonist, Xiao Yan, due to having two lifetimes, Su Yun's soul was stronger than ordinary people, and his talent for cultivation soared. Combined with the maturity of an adult's mind, he was not as playful as a real six-year-old child. After two years of diligent cultivation, at the age of six, he already possessed the cultivation of the Dou Disciple stage with a three-star Dou Qi.

"I wonder how high the talent for a six-year-old with three-star Dou Qi is?"

Su Yun pondered silently.

Born into poverty in this world, he had no background. Having read the original work, he deeply understood that strength was paramount in the Dou Qi Continent, where the weak were prey to the strong, so he did not interact much with people of the same age.

He simply immersed himself in cultivation to improve his strength as much as possible.

Therefore, he didn't know how talented a six-year-old with three-star Dou Qi was.

But upon further thought, at the age of six, with three-star Dou Qi, even if he progressed one star per year, by the age of twelve, his cultivation could reach the height of the ninth stage of Dou Qi.

This was already quite remarkable.

Considering that the original work started with Xiao Xun'er, who reached the ninth stage of Dou Qi at the age of fourteen, becoming the second person in the Xiao family in a century.

The talent of a six-year-old with three-star Dou Qi was not bad at all.

"Well, my talent is decent."

"Sigh..."

However, Su Yun sighed. In terms of aptitude, he was not much different from Xiao Yan.

But he might not necessarily surpass this little fellow.

Getting out of bed, he picked up the white steamed bun on the wooden table and sighed, realizing he didn't have such good fortune.

Xiao Yan was a member of one of the ancient eight clans, even if it declined, it was still one of the three major families in Wutan City. As the young patriarch of the Xiao family, he didn't have to worry about his livelihood.

Unlike himself, living in a dilapidated thatched house, nibbling on white steamed buns.

In this world, he was born into a commoner's family. His father had a slightly higher cultivation level, a three-star Dou Practitioner, while his mother remained at the Dou Disciple stage.

His family's income came mainly from his father hunting low-level Demon Beasts, while his mother supplemented the household income by doing odd jobs for wealthy families in Wutan City.

Despite barely maintaining their livelihood, they were able to save some money.

However, when he was four, his father was killed in the Demon Beast Mountain Range, and the following year, his mother, devastated by grief, joined his father. His days became even more difficult.

This was just one aspect of his family situation.

Xiao Yan was the predetermined protagonist of the Dou Qi Continent, with destiny on his side.

As long as he endured for three years, with Yao Chen as his master, Flame Mantra as his technique, and the assistance of Xun'er and other beauties, he would ascend to the peak, advance to the Dou Go, and transcend to the Great Thousand World, a guaranteed winner in life.

Su Yun thought sourly.

As fellow Earth transmigrators, he couldn't help but compare himself to Xiao Yan. After six years of transmigration, his system still hadn't settled. The difference was glaring...

Shaking his head, Su Yun decided not to dwell on such matters. Instead of overthinking, he preferred to take action and stay grounded.

After silently finishing the steamed bun in his hand, Su Yun once again fell into contemplation.

In the coming years, it might be good to stay in this remote Wutan City and continue cultivating in seclusion. 

Talent was essential, but three-star Dou Qi was not something to be taken lightly.

Although Wutan City was somewhat remote, with the strongest being only a Great Dou Master, aside from the guard Ling Ying, who protected Xiao Xuner, the public order was still acceptable.

As long as you didn't provoke those pampered young masters or have a feud with major clans, as a commoner, no one would pay attention to you.

Su Yun's parents, living an honest and simple life, had no such concerns.

As for Su Yun, a six-year-old who immersed himself in cultivation, he rarely left his house except for necessary supplies, and that was not a problem.

Therefore, Su Yun planned to improve his cultivation first before venturing out. His parents' savings for half their lives in this world would be enough to cover his expenses for several years.

In the Dou Disciple stage, the focus was on expanding the meridians, strengthening the body, and laying the foundation for condensing Dou Qi in the future.

When cultivating Dou Qi at a young age, the body's meridians were fragile, and external force assistance was basically impossible.

The requirements for cultivation resources were nearly nonexistent, relying entirely on one's diligence and talent. He didn't need to bother searching for cultivation resources or rush into exploring the Dou Qi Continent.

Coming back to reality, Su Yun took out some coins from under the bed, stepped out of the house, walked out of the alley, and headed towards the main street of Wutan City.

The dry food at home had already been consumed, and this time he was going out to purchase supplies for the next three or four days.

After walking for about ten minutes outside the alley, he arrived at the market of Wutan City. Of course, he wasn't here to make purchases.

There were several markets like this in Wutan City, controlled by the three major families, where precious items like magic cores, weapons, jewelry made from magic cores, and some medicinal herbs were traded.

Obviously, it wasn't the place for Su Yun, a little newbie, to be right now.

However, this market was a necessary route for him to buy supplies.

To get to places where ordinary people's goods were sold, he had to pass through here. If he took a detour, with his current walking speed, it would take him half an hour.

As soon as he entered this market, Su Yun walked along the edge.

This market was filled with mercenaries and traders, dealing with items like magic cores. Whether selling or buying, everyone undoubtedly had some level of cultivation.

Guests coming and going on the aisles, owners of stalls selling goods, most of them were cultivators of the Dou Practitioner level and above. It was not a place for a little kid like him at the third stage of Dou Qi to provoke.

While the three major families maintained order here, disturbances were still occasional. Not to mention the inherent friction among the three families.

With the three families quarreling and the scent of gunpowder in the air, street fights were not uncommon. One could easily get involved if they weren't careful.

Su Yun, having been reborn in the Dou Qi Continent, clearly understood the nature of this world. Staying as low-key as an old dog was the safest strategy. Every time he crossed through, he proceeded cautiously and briskly.

This wasn't difficult to understand; he was a talent, not a powerhouse. It was more prudent to be low-key before growing up.

After passing through the market, he bought some provisions and returned the same way. As always, Su Yun proceeded cautiously and briskly.

"So, this is our family's market?"

"Yes, this is it. This market is located in the southern part of Wutan City and is controlled by our Xiao family."

Returning to the market, Su Yun was about to go home for secluded cultivation when he overheard scattered conversations.

"People from the Xiao family?"

Having lived in Wutan City for six years, even though he rarely left his home, Su Yun still knew about the distribution of power in Wutan City. This market was the one Xiao Yan brought Xiao Xuner to in the original work.

Su Yun glanced up, seeing two children around his age, one male and one female.

Shaking his head without thinking much, he had no connection with the Xiao family, and there was no need to interact with them.

"Ding..."

(End of this chapter)

13