Chapter 54: Breakthrough, Nine-Star Dou Grandmaster
132 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54: Breakthrough, Nine-Star Dou Grandmaster

"Why is big brother leaving Wutan City and not taking Xian'er with him?" Xiao Yi Xian allowed Su Yun's large hand to caress her cheek.

"Because it's very dangerous there, and I can't ensure your safety, Xian'er," Su Yun explained.

"Where big brother is going is much more dangerous than Wutan City. There are many Fourth-Stage demon beasts and even Fifth-Stage demon beasts."

"Really?" Xiao Yi Xian blinked her eyes rapidly, staring into Su Yun's eyes.

Su Yun smiled helplessly and said, "Why would I lie to you, Xian'er? Of course it's true."

"But why did big brother help Xiaolan improve its strength and not me? Big brother is so powerful, he can turn Xiaolan from a First-Stage demon beast into a Third-Stage demon beast. Why won't he help me?" Xiao Yi Xian asked, still gazing into Su Yun's eyes.

At this point, Su Yun fell silent.

Xiao Yi Xian continued to lock her gaze on Su Yun's eyes, determined to get an answer today.

After a moment of silence, Su Yun finally spoke.

"Xian'er, you are the person closest to big brother's heart. If it were possible, big brother would definitely help you improve your strength, but it's not the right time yet. Do you believe big brother?"

Su Yun locked eyes with Xiao Yi Xian.

After a long while, Xiao Yi Xian finally broke the silence.

"Xian'er believes in big brother, but big brother must come back."

With that, Su Yun finally breathed a sigh of relief. The little girl had grown up and had her own thoughts now.

Xiao Yi Xian tidied herself up and followed Su Yun to Luo Qianchen's house.

After some time had passed, Luo Qianchen said, "They're here."

Seeing the two figures, a kind smile appeared on Luo Qianchen's face.

"Lao Luo, I'll trouble you with this child for a while," Su Yun said, looking at the young girl beside him.

Luo Qianchen observed the girl and nodded. "We already discussed this. I will take good care of her."

"Alright. When I come back, I will definitely help you become a Grade Four Alchemist."

At this moment, Xiaolan, which had been following them in the sky, also landed on the ground.

"This is my tamed Blue Eagle. I'm entrusting it to you as well."

Luo Qianchen was a bit surprised to see that Su Yun was raising a Third-Stage Blue Eagle.

"Very well," he said, nodding. Su Yun gave a few more instructions to Xiao Yi Xian before leaving.

Xiao Yi Xian watched Su Yun's departing figure with a hint of reluctance.

"Alright, child, come inside. This old man will take good care of you. If you don't mind, you can consider this place your home," Luo Qianchen said with a warm smile and a friendly aura.

"Okay, Grandpa."

With that, Xiao Yi Xian's face once again lit up with a bright smile.

Back at home, Su Yun also felt a sense of reluctance without Xiao Yi Xian, but he had more important things to do.

A month later, a powerful aura filled the room.

Su Yun got up from the bed, stretched, and heard his bones crack.

He hadn't left home for two months, spending all his time cultivating.

The effect of wholehearted cultivation was indeed different. It had only been two months since he became an Eight-Star Dou Grandmaster, and he had already broken through to become a Nine-Star Dou Grandmaster.

When Xiao Yi Xian was still here, he had to spend a lot of time with her, but now that he had entrusted her to Luo Qianchen, he could focus on his cultivation.

Parting was for a better reunion.

Su Yun heaved a sigh of relief as he thought about this. The little girl had grown up and had her own thoughts now.

Su Yun chewed on some dried food and began to miss the delicious meals that Xiao Yi Xian used to prepare for him every day.

Originally, according to his estimates, it would take another five months to break through to the Dou Spirit stage. However, now that he had achieved Nine-Star Dou Grandmaster so quickly, it probably wouldn't take that long.

Su Yun took a deep breath in the courtyard and then returned to his room to continue his cultivation.

During this period, with no one else around, he had no entertainment activities, just like the time before he met Xiao Yi Xian.

After a short rest, he immersed himself in his cultivation once more.

Time passed by, and two more months went by. The Dantian in Su Yun's body was filled with Dou Qi and approaching saturation. He had already sensed a clear bottleneck.

Su Yun felt the bottleneck in his body and fell into contemplation.

If he relied on the gradual approach, carefully honing his skills, it would probably take another two months to break through successfully.

However, he had two other options now.

The first was through the use of pills.

The second was through combat.

Currently, he had a prescription that could help him break through the bottleneck and become a Dou Spirit. The only problem was that the ingredients for this pill included an extremely rare herb that he didn't have on hand. Trying to obtain it through his influence was impractical.

As far as Su Yun knew, this herb was a specialty of the southeastern continent, while the Jia Nan Empire was located in the northwest corner of the continent, where this herb was virtually nonexistent in the market.

Su Yun shrugged and decided to pay another visit to the Demon Beast Mountain Range.

During battles, a person's internal Dou Qi would surge vigorously. The more intense the battle, the more violent the surge of Dou Qi. In such situations, the bottleneck within the body could be shaken or even cracked.

If he was lucky, he might even break through on the spot.

Just like Xiao Yan during the Inner Academy selection competition in the Jia Nan Academy.

Of course, Su Yun didn't dare to hope for such treatment. As long as the bottleneck cracked, it would be enough.

Su Yun prepared his equipment and stored some dry rations in the system's storage space. After everything was ready, he set off for the Demon Beast Mountain Range.

Being cautious didn't mean being timid. Just like when he first broke through to a Dou Practitioner, if the need arose, he didn't mind putting himself in danger.

After all, the system's storage space was quite a bug when it came to saving his life. In terms of life preservation, none of the system's three major functions could compare.

Su Yun entered the Demon Beast Mountain Range, and this time, he didn't plan to stay on the periphery. The periphery had mostly Fourth-Stage Demon Beasts or lower, and with his current strength, he faced no pressure from Third-Stage Demon Beasts.

Challenging opponents above his level was a skill that every transmigrator needed to have, and Su Yun was no exception.

Su Yun didn't use the Purple Cloud Wings for travel this time. Fourth-Stage Demon Beasts had reached a level of intelligence where they understood the concept of teamwork.

Humans and Demon Beasts were natural enemies, and if he appeared in the sky within the Demon Beast Mountain Range, he would likely be surrounded by numerous Demon Beasts as soon as one of them spotted him.

He was here to break through the bottleneck, not to seek death.

Su Yun relied on the Shadow Step technique to conceal his presence and appearance, making himself completely invisible.

This martial technique was truly practical.

When combined with the Purple Cloud Wings, it could even allow him to fly in directly. However, using it like that would consume Dou Qi at an extremely fast rate, which was unnecessary.

After some time, Su Yun arrived deep within the Demon Beast Mountain Range.

He had already used the Shadow Step technique to conceal his aura and figure entirely.

This martial technique was incredibly practical.

With the Shadow Step technique and the Purple Cloud Wings, he could even fly straight in. However, using it in this way would consume Dou Qi at an extremely fast rate, which was unnecessary.

Su Yun stopped at a mountain peak in the Demon Beast Mountain Range, where he planned to observe and select a solitary Fourth-Stage Demon Beast to warm up with.

The interior of the Demon Beast Mountain Range was quite vast, and finding isolated Demon Beasts that weren't part of a group wasn't difficult.

(End of this chapter)

==================================================================

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

4