Chapter 61: Awkward Power Struggle
111 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61: Awkward Power Struggle

Jia Xingtian didn't pay much attention to the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King but instead surveyed the scene in Demon Beast Mountain.

There were signs of intense battles.

Jia Xingtian understood it all too well. Those two sixth-order demon beasts' auras that had come a few days ago must have originated from here.

Seeing that Jia Xingtian was ignoring him, the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King grew somewhat irritated, but it dared not act rashly.

At this moment, when the enemy was stronger than us, the intelligence of fifth-order demon beasts was no less than that of humans. Sixth-order demon beasts were even more intelligent, so they naturally understood the need for restraint.

Jia Xingtian looked at the wrinkled brows of the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King. Why was there only one?

As the guardian of the Imperial family, Jia Xingtian naturally knew the situation inside Demon Beast Mountain.

Thinking about the intense battle that had occurred here, Jia Xingtian had a guess.

Although this Purple Crystal Winged Lion King looked weak, it had no injuries.

That meant the other combatant in the battle should have been another Purple Crystal Winged Lion King.

Jia Xingtian asked, "May I ask where the other Purple Crystal Winged Lion King is?"

Hearing this, the already irritated Purple Crystal Winged Lion King roared in anger and no longer suppressed its own rage.

"Human, you're going too far! We'd rather die than yield!"

The roar of the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King was like a signal, and the other demon beasts within Demon Beast Mountain gazed at Jia Xingtian with hostility in their eyes.

Numerous demon beasts released their imposing auras, pressing towards Jia Xingtian. Among them, the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King had the strongest aura, followed closely by three fifth-order demon beasts.

They hadn't intervened in the battle between the two sixth-order demon beasts earlier because it was an internal matter of the demon beasts. However, now that a human expert had intruded, they wouldn't stand idly by.

The conflict between humans and demon beasts was not just talk.

Jia Xingtian, however, was not one to back down. He exuded the aura of a pinnacle Nine Stars Dou Emperor, a thick and earthy presence, as he confronted the many demon beasts.

Despite Jia Xingtian's individual strength, he couldn't contend with the entire group of demon beasts and soon found himself at a disadvantage.

Both sides confronted each other for a while, neither yielding to the other.

Jia Xingtian rubbed his beard and came to a conclusion in his heart.

He had merely wanted to test the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King's attitude earlier, and he didn't really intend to start a fight.

He hadn't sensed the presence of the other Purple Crystal Winged Lion King.

The conflict between the two sides was on the verge of turning into a direct battle, but even now, the other one hadn't shown up.

So, either it wasn't here, or it was...

Dead.

With this conclusion in mind, Jia Xingtian's gaze gradually became dangerous as he looked at the group of demon beasts.

After a long time, Jia Xingtian abandoned his plan.

The Jia Ma Empire had external threats and internal problems. Demon Beast Mountain was not its only enemy.

Whether it was the Serpentfolk Tribe in the Tagore Great Desert, the neighboring major empires, or even the Yunlan Sect, they were all threats.

If he were to enter and act recklessly, it wouldn't be worth it.

Jia Xingtian shook his head.

In the end, he was too conservative and too cautious. If he were to gather an army and launch a thunderous offensive...

In reality, it was entirely possible to clear out the demon beasts within Demon Beast Mountain and secure decades of peace, free from the threat of the beast tide.

Chapter 62: Awkward Power Struggles (Second Update!)

As Jia Xingtian's qi surged within his body, he stirred the energy of heaven and earth. He casually waved his hand forward, disrupting the demon beasts' imposing auras and retracting his own.

"Lion King, there's no need to be agitated. If you don't want to answer, I won't force you," Jia Xingtian said, arching his hand towards the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King.

Seeing this, the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King also heaved a sigh of relief. Such a mutual destruction scenario was not something it wanted to be a part of.

Watching the situation in the sky, Su Yun wasn't surprised. If Jia Xingtian were to attack the Purple Crystal Winged Lion King now, Yun Yun would be in trouble.

After obtaining the information he wanted, Jia Xingtian left Demon Beast Mountain.

The Purple Crystal Winged Lion King saw Jia Xingtian depart, let out a long howl into the sky, dispersing the other demon beasts, and returned to its cave.

Su Yun stretched lazily. This lively scene had finally come to an end, and it was time for him to leave too.

Su Yun returned home, replenished his qi, took out the Ice Serpent's corpse, held the Frigid Jade Sword, and extracted the demon core from the corpse.

Afterwards, he put the Ice Serpent's body back in storage, took out the alchemical cauldron and numerous herbs, and started refining pills.

Fourth-grade pills were not challenging for Su Yun at his current level. There were no failures, just success.

Su Yun held the fourth-grade pill in his hand with a calm expression, as he was quite accustomed to it by now.

Unless he was extremely exhausted or lacking in qi, and his soul power was severely depleted, he would generally not fail in refining fourth-grade pills.

Su Yun made some slight adjustments to his condition and took out the Green Lotus Core Flame from the system's space.

Just as Su Yun was about to swallow the pill and refine the Green Lotus Core Flame, he suddenly had a thought. He put everything in his hand down and began searching his memory.

Body Refining Martial Technique!

He had thought of this before and had intended to use it to make absorbing the Heavenly Flame easier and less painful, avoiding feeling near death.

However, now it seemed that it could be used as a significant means to enhance his strength.

The battle with the Ice Serpent was still fresh in his mind. If it weren't for the power of the Raging Fire Lotus, killing it would have been a much more challenging task.

Su Yun's strength was already formidable, and within the Jia Ma Empire, he could be considered invincible at the same level.

However, the Ice Serpent's strength, compared to humans, should have been at the level of a Six-Star Dou Spirit.

If it were a Three-Star Dou Spirit or something similar, he could easily handle it. But facing a power that leaped from Three-Star to Six-Star was still quite challenging.

There were ways to overcome this challenge.

Absorbing a Heavenly Flame or practicing a high-tier Earth-grade martial technique would do the trick.

But...

He could only think that his current situation was somewhat awkward.

The Bone Spirit's Green Lotus Core Flame couldn't absorb it, and the Green Lotus Core Flame was still in the planning stage.

As for Earth-grade martial techniques, without a Fifth-Rank Demon Core, he couldn't use the system's fusion function to complete them directly.

As for practicing on his own, he hadn't considered it. With such a quick and easy method available, he didn't want to waste time.

As for directly using a Sixth-Rank Demon Core to complete an advanced Earth-grade martial technique, it was unthinkable.

The consumption of an advanced Earth-grade martial technique was something that a mere Great Fighter like him couldn't bear.

Even intermediate Earth-grade techniques were no match for high-tier Earth-grade techniques in terms of the difference in consumption, be it in terms of power or expenditure.

(End of this chapter)

=================================================================

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

3