Chapter 67: Fragmented Map, Battle
84 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 67: Fragmented Map, Battle

Su Yun held the map of the Tagore Desert and the fragment map of the Pure Lotus Demon Fire as he slowly approached Haibodong.

"May I ask, how much for these two maps?" Su Yun had a faint smile on his face, but of course, it was hidden behind his mask, and his expression couldn't be seen.

Haibodong, who had been working on making maps, finally looked up.

Hmm!

When Haibodong saw the maps in Su Yun's hand, his expression changed slightly, and his brows furrowed.

"That fragment map is not for sale."

"Oh, old sir, if you're not selling it, why is it displayed in the shop?" Su Yun's surprised tone came through the mask, appearing genuinely puzzled.

"Not for sale means not for sale."

Haibodong slowly stood up, and from his elderly body, an astonishing aura burst forth.

"Young man, put down the maps in your hands."

Su Yun ignored Haibodong and directly placed both maps into the system's storage space.

Haibodong had a proud personality. If your strength couldn't make him yield, he wouldn't listen to you at all.

Seeing Su Yun's actions, the pressure emanating from Haibodong instantly pressed towards Su Yun.

Su Yun remained calm, but there was a hint of seriousness in his eyes. His own aura erupted, matching Haibodong's.

Although Haibodong currently only had the strength of a Dou Spirit, his wealth of combat experience was undeniable.

While he might not be afraid, he still needed to be cautious.

"Kid, you have one last chance. Put down the fragment map in your hand and leave here, and I can spare your life."

Haibodong's face darkened, and a dangerous glint flickered in his eyes.

Su Yun chuckled. He truly was a peak-level contestant.

Setting aside their strengths, his way with words was impressive.

"Old sir, let's settle this with actions. Words are just words."

"Hmph."

Haibodong didn't respond to Su Yun's taunt.

Their auras surged once again, and suddenly, a red longsword appeared in Su Yun's hand.

The two figures disappeared within the room, leaving behind afterimages in the air.

Su Yun used the Profound Shadow Step, stepping with exquisite footwork. His Dou Qi surged wildly within him, and his soul perception was utilized to the fullest, accurately capturing Haibodong's position.

A cold light flashed, and the sword moved like a startled swan, slashing forward.

A sound of clashing blades echoed as Dou Qi poured into the longsword.

Their figures reappeared, and Haibodong used a mirror made of ice to block Su Yun's attack.

High-Level Profound Class Technique: Ice Mirror!

Haibodong's eyebrows twitched.

This kid had no sense of fair play; he took advantage of my unguarded moment and used a fourth-grade Magic Core weapon to ambush me!

Feeling the force transmitted from the Profound Ice Realm, as well as the Dou Qi gathered in Su Yun's longsword, Haibodong abandoned his previous disdain. This young man, based on the force from the Profound Ice Realm alone, was undoubtedly a formidable opponent among peers.

Just as Haibodong had this thought, cracks appeared in the ice mirror he was holding, and the sound of shattering mirrors reached their ears.

Chapter 68: Fragmented Map, Battle (Second Update!)

A hint of shock flashed in Haibodong's eyes.

This person's strength was even greater than this!

The cracks on the Profound Ice Realm grew increasingly numerous, and the sound of shattering filled the room.

The Profound Ice Realm in Haibodong's hand shattered into countless ice shards.

After shattering the Profound Ice Mirror, the red longsword did not lose its momentum and slashed towards Haibodong.

Although surprised, Haibodong remained calm, relying on decades of accumulated combat experience. With a slight movement of his right hand, his Dou Qi surged, and the ice shards from the shattered mirror attacked Su Yun.

Su Yun raised an eyebrow, retracted the longsword in his hand, and poured his Dou Qi into his legs. He executed the Profound Shadow Step skillfully, cleverly avoiding the attack of the ice shards.

A well-executed pincer attack.

During the brief moment Su Yun evaded the attack, Haibodong retreated several yards.

Su Yun executed a beautiful sword technique.

"Old sir, can't we negotiate instead of resorting to violence?"

Su Yun's tone was friendly, making it impossible for anyone to tell that he had just launched a fierce attack.

Haibodong's mouth twitched slightly, and he clenched his numb hand.

The short exchange just now might appear even, but he knew better.

He was slightly inferior.

The ice shards hadn't caused any harm to Su Yun at all, but Su Yun's sword strike had dealt a solid blow to him.

"Kid, don't get too cocky. It was just one round, and there's nothing to be concluded yet."

Haibodong snorted coldly and had no intention of giving in.

Haibodong's Dou Qi surged, and he condensed several ice blades around him, launching them at Su Yun.

After the previous exchange, Haibodong realized that close combat with this person was definitely a disadvantage for him, so he chose long-range attacks.

Hmph, I don't believe that your physical strength, while strong in close combat, can also excel in long-range combat.

The ice blades flew towards Su Yun, and the temperature in the area dropped by several degrees as they passed.

Su Yun poured his Dou Qi into the red longsword, thrust it into the ground, and then swung it forward.

High-Level Profound Class Technique: Fiery Heaven Splitter!

A burst of crimson Dou Qi appeared in the room, rapidly raising the temperature. A fiery red sword aura charged forward, colliding with the ice blades.

The clash between the ice blades and the fiery red sword aura caused a large amount of steam to fill the room. Then, a slightly smaller fiery red sword aura burst out from the steam, maintaining its momentum as it charged towards Haibodong.

Haibodong's face changed drastically, and he extended his hands, manipulating his Dou Qi.

Profound Ice Shield!

Haibodong formed a shield of ice in front of him to protect himself.

The fiery red sword aura collided with the ice shield, producing a deafening sound that echoed outside the building.

Onlookers who had heard the commotion quickly increased their pace, fearing they might be affected, and hurriedly left the area.

Haibodong finally breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that the fiery red sword aura had been blocked.

At that moment, Su Yun suddenly appeared behind Haibodong, and a whistling sound came from behind him.

Su Yun swung his left fist and aimed it at Haibodong's back.

Haibodong sensed the danger, and quickly turned around, and a hint of panic flashed across his face. He used his Profound Ice Shield to block Su Yun's fist.

Eight Extremes Burst!

A tremendous force erupted from Su Yun's hand, directly shattering Haibodong's Profound Ice Shield.

Haibodong was sent flying, his throat feeling a sweet sensation as he spat out a mouthful of blood.

He crashed heavily onto the ground.

Haibodong propped himself up with one hand while clutching his chest with the other.

What a ruthless punch. If I hadn't used the Profound Ice Shield in time to block it, I'm afraid I would have lost my life with just that one blow.

(End of this chapter)

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

4