Chapter 72: The Passage
190 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 72: The Passage

After dealing with Luo Bu, no other power dared to disturb them.

In the mercenary groups of Stone Desert City, the Stone Desert Mercenary Group ranked among the top three in strength.

Luo Bu's Sand Mercenary Group was the strongest, but now that the most formidable forces had been repelled, others naturally didn't dare to provoke them.

The fleeing members of the Sand Mercenary Group spread the news of Su Yun's instant killing of Luo Bu, making the various forces in Stone Desert City aware that a formidable warrior had joined the Stone Desert Mercenary Group.

This was also why Su Yun didn't completely annihilate them at the time.

Time flew by, and after more than a month, the Stone Desert Mercenary Group finally brought good news.

Su Yun and the two Xiao brothers were supervising the work when a mercenary hurried over, his face wearing a slight smile of excitement.

"Two leaders, Brother Zhang, we've found it!"

Su Yun had promised the Stone Desert mercenaries that whoever first found the passage would be rewarded with a Xuan-level combat technique. Hearing this, Su Yun was overjoyed, and a smile involuntarily appeared on his face.

A trace of joy also flickered across the faces of Xiao Ding and Xiao Li.

After searching for so long, they were somewhat anxious, unsure if the so-called underground passage really existed right there.

In a flash, Su Yun appeared in front of the mercenary.

The mercenary's eyes narrowed, too late to react, and his body collided with Su Yun due to inertia.

Su Yun stretched out a hand to his shoulder, lightly stabilizing him with a slight force.

Such great strength! The mercenary felt the force from his shoulder and a flicker of fear crossed his eyes.

Sensing that the mercenary was frightened, Su Yun rubbed his shoulder gently, speaking softly.

"Are you scared?"

Hearing this, the mercenary quickly shook his head.

"No, Brother Zhang."

Su Yun nodded, urging him.

"Good, then lead the way."

The mercenary hurriedly nodded and turned to lead the way.

Xiao Ding and Xiao Li exchanged a glance and followed.

Su Yun and the two Xiao brothers ran with the mercenary for about ten minutes until they reached a collapsed sandy area with a shovel nearby.

Su Yun squinted downwards, releasing a massive surge of soul power, probing into the collapsed area.

A very hot breath, tinged with a hint of violence, was felt. The fire attribute energy at the collapse was significantly higher than the surrounding area.

Su Yun was certain, it must be here.

He turned to the Xiao brothers.

"It should be here. Please gather the others and dig this place up!"

Upon hearing this, Xiao Ding and Xiao Li quickly called over nearby mercenaries.

Twenty or so people worked for the time it takes an incense stick to burn, and a hole appeared before everyone.

Su Yun grinned, excitement and heat evident in his eyes, unable to suppress his uplifted lips.

"Brother Zhang, do you need us to send someone down to check if it's safe?"

Xiao Ding suggested to Su Yun.

"No need, everyone in the Stone Desert Mercenary Group has done a lot for me. I'll go down myself."

Su Yun waved his hand.

He was clear about the situation below. Sending these mercenaries would be pointless, other than risking their lives.

Hearing this, Xiao Ding didn't insist further.

Clearly, he also understood that if Su Yun, a Dou Spirit warrior, might encounter danger, they wouldn't be much help either.

Suddenly, Xiao Li spoke up.

"We should reinforce the sand layer on the ground. Otherwise, if the sand layer collapses, even with Brother Zhang's strength, it could still be troublesome to get out."

Xiao Ding nodded seriously.
They had been in the desert for a long time and were naturally aware of its dangers.

Su Yun smiled inwardly and bowed his hands in thanks.

"Thank you very much."

Apart from anything else, these two brothers could indeed be considered sincere and devoted. Although they had the intention of building a relationship, they were thorough and devoted in their tasks.

Such people, compared to those who were coerced or bribed to help, were more reassuring to him.

This was also why he didn't choose to hire people temporarily but started his arrangement with the Xiao family, getting their genuine assistance.

Otherwise, he might be stabbed in the back at any moment.

If someone were to fill the entrance with a massive amount of sand while he was inside the tunnel, it could spell big trouble.

"Please take care of everything above ground, I'm going down now."

Xiao Ding and Xiao Li nodded at Su Yun.

"Leave it to us."

Su Yun leaped into the tunnel entrance.

Immediately, Xiao Ding and Xiao Li gathered all the Stone Desert Mercenary Group members, guarding the place strictly.

"Listen up, even if it costs us our lives, we can't let any malicious people near the tunnel. I hope there are no cowards in my Stone Desert Mercenary Group."

"Yes!"

Hearing this, Xiao Ding and Xiao Li nodded in satisfaction.

Brother Zhang and Master Han were disciples of the same master.

Master Han had also greatly helped the Xiao family and their younger brother.

For this relationship, they would risk their lives to protect this tunnel entrance.

After Su Yun entered the tunnel, he used his soul sensing ability to feel the energy fluctuations inside.

The closer he got to the underground magma, the richer the fire attribute energy became.

Su Yun cautiously explored and, after a while, at the end of the tunnel.

Hot magma flowed below, with huge fiery-red bubbles appearing and occasionally bursting, making a soft sound and splashing some magma.

Su Yun licked his lips, feeling parched in just a short time.

The temperature was indeed high.

Even with his current physical strength, entering the magma without any protection, he would evaporate in the magma in at most a quarter of an hour.

With this thought, Su Yun channeled Dou Qi to his back.

Purple Cloud Wings emerged, emitting a faint purple glow.

Su Yun flew above the magma, sweat beginning to form on his forehead.

Sensing the situation in the magma, Su Yun narrowed his eyes โ€“ something was coming!

Just as the thought flashed through Su Yun's mind, the magma below suddenly erupted with a loud noise, and a giant serpent burst out!

Its huge head opened wide to bite at Su Yun.

Su Yun grinned, waiting for this moment!

A cold light appeared in his right hand, and a fiery-red longsword swung, emitting a mix of bright red and cold light as Dou Qi flowed through it, slashing towards the suddenly appearing mouth!

Fiery Sky Splitting Slash!
This high-level Xuan-tier combat technique, perfected by Su Yun with a fourth-order magic core, unleashed a huge, solidified sword Qi under the insane influx of Dou Qi.

This sword Qi, a mixture of red and blue, hot and cold, exuded an eerie sense unknown to others.

Su Yun didn't use a single fire attribute Dou Qi, but the unique Ice-Fire Dou Qi of "Frost Flame Mantra"!

In the blink of an eye, the Ice-Fire sword Qi collided with the serpent's head, creating a booming sound that hurt the eardrums.

The giant serpent let out a painful hiss, its head spinning in the air above the magma, striking against the soil layers.

(End of Chapter)

๐ŸŒŸ Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! ๐ŸŒŸ

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

๐Ÿ“š Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

๐Ÿ’ฌ Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

๐Ÿ‘ Support the Creator: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

6