Grown Up (Chapter 3)
48 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some people were happy, some were sad, and some were angered.

Outside the Star Dou Forest, a large group of humans gathered around their leader, a female with golden clothes, majestic golden eyes, blond hair, and a beautiful face.

She looked like a real angel among mortals. She was their leader and the founder of Spirit Hall, which she established after defeating the Church and the Dark Spirit Masters.

"My lady, how can we compromise with those beasts?" one of the men standing near the woman asked. He was unwilling to compromise with these stupid spirit beasts. He was the current leader of the soul master legion for the newly established Spirit Hall.

Spirit Hall was founded by Qian Ren, who possessed the strongest tool weapon, the Holy Light Sword. She gathered soul masters from all over the Douluo Continent and initiated a rebellion against the Church and the Dark Spirit Masters.

And now she had removed the scourge from the continent, which gave her faith. She was almost close to condensing Godhood.

But two years ago, when she was about to go into seclusion to condense her final step of Godhood, she saw a strange light falling in the Star Dou Forest. But as she was about to chase it, the light disappeared.

So she asked everyone in Spirit Hall to chase that light, but in the end, there was no result.

But just like she asked, more and more humans started searching for the strange light in the Star Dou Forest. So they killed many Soul Beasts along the way. This angered many great beasts. They launched a strike that killed many humans, so in the end, she had to come forward to fight but after seeing spirit beast power she decided to make a compromise and made a contract with the leader who appeared. His name was Mr. Xiong. Although she could beat him, she decided to make a contract for the future.

So from now on, humans would hunt the soul rings in limit.

"We have no choice. I will leave in a maximum of five to ten years. What about after that, huh? You guys can't even beat their second or third strongest. And I also have a feeling that the Bear wasn't the real leader." Qian Ren spoke with a gentle and questioning voice.

"But, my lady..."

"I know, I know. You want to say we could have negotiated better, but I think this is the best. So now all we need to do is record these things in the Spirit Hall rulebook and follow the rules."

"So the first rule is to make as many small hunting forests as possible by capturing and breeding spirit beasts, so we won't have to come to the Star Dou Forest or go to the Sunset Forest for all types of spirit rings."

"Second, there should be a guard in all villages or towns that are near the Star Dou Forest and the Sunset Forest to observe other soul masters, so they don't kill unnecessary spirit beasts. It is also for our future generation. What if someday the spirit beasts disappear?"

"Third, never ever enter the core of the Star Dou Forest. That's it for now. I will think of more later. Let's move on."

"Yes, my lady." All the people bowed and left with Qian Ren.

~~~

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Lake of Life,

Many spirit beasts gathered. They were all the strongest spirit beasts in the Star Dou Forest.

"Di Tian, I really wanted to kill that woman," a terrifyingly large bear over a hundred meters long said. He was the Bear Lord, the strongest after Di Tian in the Star Dou Forest. He was a Dark Gold Fear Claw Bear with a cultivation of 440,000 years. He had thick dark golden fur on his body. His arms were extremely long, extending below his knees. His shoulders were the most exaggerated, swelling up like little mountains.

"Oh, you can't even beat me, and you wanted to kill a person who is the closest to becoming a god in this continent." Di Tian was not annoyed; he knew his temper. As for why Mr. Xiong was the leader instead of Di Tian, it was simple: Di Tian did not want to expose the Dragon Clan in front of that woman, and maybe some gods were already paying attention to her.

"Gods?" Hearing this, everyone was scared. The thing they feared the most was the God Realm. They had a psychological fear of the God Realm because of the Heavenly Tribulation that they had to bear when they broke through every hundred thousand years.

"Yes, she had condensed faith and was about to become a god, so many gods might be paying attention to her. If I had the power, I would have killed her instantly."

"Okay, we will keep that in mind." Everyone agreed with Di Tian.

"By the way, did anyone find out about that light yet?"

"No."

"Okay, keep searching until we find it. It is still in the Star Dou Forest." Di Tian gave the order, and everyone dispersed, except for a middle-aged man who was not particularly handsome. His face was slightly pale, and his eyes were deep jade green. He was the Myriad Demon King, with a cultivation of 510,000 years.

"Di Tian, I didn't find that light source, but from the moment that light source landed, I have a feeling that a stronger bloodline tree type has been born."

"Stronger bloodline?"

"Yes."

"Try to use your tree beasts that you have controlled to find out. Maybe it can also be beneficial for you."

"Okay, I will see what I can do."

"And be careful don't try to harm it. If it is stronger bloodline than you so we must protect it maybe we will be able to see a stronger great beast in future. This is also the order from Lord." 

"Lord!!" Seeing Di Tian mentioning Lord all the ideas Myriad Demon King had disappeared.

~~~

Four months later,

The small sapling woke up from its deep sleep.

"So it was a success, but I was too greedy, so I went into a deep sleep." He tried to think over and over again.

That was the only conclusion he could come up with. Because it was simple: the first time, he tried to absorb too much, like trying to fill a glass that was already full of water. The water would spill over. So here, the energy should have left his body after absorbing it, or something like bursting should have happened. But it was still absorbed by his body, and in exchange, he went to sleep.

"It seems that my body is adaptable to this energy, or there is something else."

"And there were benefits of the energy. I have grown from one foot to two feet. That's good. It means absorbing energy will let me grow. But I still don't have any skill that can shock people around me after I use it."

"These surrounding trees have also grown."

"But why don't I feel any changes except for my height?" The small sapling was dissatisfied and shook its leaves.

[My Lord, because you haven't reached the level where you can see changes.]

"Who?" Hearing the sound, he immediately became alert, because he had never heard any other sound except for beasts roaring in the distance or birds singing. But this was the first time he heard someone talking.

[My Lord, I am an AI. I will be your helper in Long Journey]

"Me? Is it talking to me?" The sapling was surprised, but suddenly he felt happiness.

"Is it my cheat? Am I the protagonist of this world? Will I soar in the sky?"

[I am not a cheat like you are thinking. From your memories, I checked. I don't match anything from those cheats you know. I can't give you any skill or anything.]

"Can't give any skill? Not a cheat? Then what are you?"

3