Name (Chapter 5)
87 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time, the AI asked him for a name. Sapling pondered for a long time before he said, 

"Your name will be Vanus." Sapling said without any emotion. 

[Thank you, Lord, for such a beautiful name. I like it.]

"Don't you want to know its meaning?" Sapling asked with a hint of doubt.

[No, my Lord, I know the meaning. Although it's not that good, I still like it. I know I am useless now, so this name suits me. But I will try to be useful for you someday.] 

Sapling didn't expect that the AI would accept the name Vanus, which literally meant Useless. He gave him this name because he thought he was useless. 

[By the way, what should I call you, my Lord?] 

"My name! You can keep calling me My Lord. I don't think there is any problem with that name." Sapling fell into a deep thought. Although it was not a problem for the AI to keep calling him My Lord, he still needed a name for himself. 

He didn't want the same name as his previous life. He also needed an identity. 

"You can call me Jade." That was the name Sapling chose for himself. It suited him well. 

[Jade, that's a very good name, my Lord.] 

"I know, that's why I named myself." Jade felt proud of himself after hearing the AI's praise. 

"By the way, do you know why I have a feeling that if I absorb a little bit more of this spirit power, I will cross a starting hurdle?" Jade asked doubtfully. For the last few days, when he absorbed the energy, he felt that he was about to cross a big hurdle in his cultivation, but he wasn't able to catch it. 

Now, he felt that he was very close to crossing it. 

[I don't know, my Lord, but this might be what they call a level breakthrough. Until now, you were at level zero, and now you might reach level one.] 

"Maybe, let's try. Hopefully, I will gain something." As he said this, he started absorbing energy the same way he did in the past few months. 

As he fell into a deep cultivation, his body began to emit an emerald light. If anyone looked carefully, they would see many strange lines appearing on his body. They were densely packed and obscure. 

As the lines on Jade's body began to flicker, and the light began to shine, a green energy spread to the nearby area. Trees and grass grew at a very fast speed. At the same time, Jade's body also grew by four meters. Not only that, he also grew some branches and leaves. His roots also spread in the nearby area, cutting through some grasses.

He exuded a vitality and life energy. 

"Hah~" After a long time, Jade opened his eyes. There was a shock in his eyes. Because he had just felt that he crossed some kind of hurdle. 

And just as he crossed the border, a memory of a simple method to use a skill appeared in his mind. And it was a very overpowered skill.

"I finally got a skill!" He shouted loudly with his imaginary lungs. 

"Hey, Vanus, I got a skill. It means I am on the right path. Who says staying in one place as a tree is bad?" 

[Yes, I know, my Lord. I am also happy for you.] 

"Hahaha, I got a skill. If I go on like this, I will soar in the sky." He was so happy because after a year, he finally got some success. He had started feeling that he was going the wrong way, but now that he had learned his first skill, he felt he could do more.

He had a feeling that this skill came from his memory, not his own skill as a tree. 

'Who cares? As long as I'm on the right path, I'll manage it.' 

'Let's try my first skill.' 

But as he looked around, he was horrified. The trees that were around him had grown above ten meters. He had thought he would catch up to them. 

"I need to do something. Otherwise, if this continues, I'll have to fight with them for nutrition." 

As he was thinking, he also tried using his skill, but there was no target where he could use it. And he didn't want to use it on the land to grow more grass. It was already enough. 

With that thought, he started to search for targets. Not only did he get a skill now, but he could also sense the surroundings with his roots. It was another new skill he obtained after his breakthrough. 

So Jade spread his roots and tried to sense the nearby areas. Only in the area where he was, there were densely packed trees. Outside of this, there were very few trees and more grass. 

While Jade was searching for a target, an important event was going to happen today in the Doulou Continent.

~~~~

Spirit City

Today, hundreds of thousands of people gathered in the city near a platform. There stood a female with blonde hair and majesty in her eyes. She was Qian Ren, the current leader of the Spirit Hall. And today, she was going to ascend to the Divine Realm. With this, not only would the authority of the Spirit Hall be established in the hearts of the people, but for ten thousand years later, no one would forget about the Angel God and the Spirit Hall. 

"Hey, is it true that Lady Qian Ren has become a God?" One burly man in the audience asked another man standing with him. 

"How do I know? I'm the same as you." The other man said with a hint of impatience. 

"I thought you knew because I heard your intelligence was quite accurate." The burly man said with a hint of sarcasm. 

"Feng Ming, I know what you're trying to say, but I'm telling you, even if Lady Qian Ren became a God or not, she's not someone that I can pry on." 

"I know, I understand. But by the way, everyone is here, but I can't find anyone from the Swan Kingdom. You should be able to find that Mu Chen." The man named Feng Ming said with a questioning gaze. 

"I heard he went to the sea. I don't know for sure, but I heard from my sea area intelligence group that there's also someone at the same level as Lady Qian Ren, and he also became a God and established his force." Mu Chen said while answering, and a shock was also written on his face.  

"Another God! Is it really easy to become a God?" Feng Ming said. They both had been stuck at level 89 and couldn't break through above that, so they didn't dare to think much about it. But still, this was the first time they heard about two Gods.

"How could it be easy to become a God? Have you lost your mind? Don't you know Lady Qian Ren alone killed three level 99 titled Douluo? So you can imagine how hard it is to reach that level." Mu Chen denied his friend. Because they both were stuck at level 89, they knew how hard it was to level up. 

"I know, but still."

0