Chapter 56: Triumph
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

In late June, the victorious Black Cavalry finally returned to the north.

 

The army followed the route it took to go north and returned to the camp outside Bingyan City.

 

Colin looked at the familiar scenery in front of him and felt as if it was yesterday that he followed Vera to try to dissuade Marquis Garcia two months ago.

 

The scenery remains the same, but things and people have changed.

 

At least, the 300,000 troll army has long been wiped out.

 

However, this does not mean that the North is calm.

 

Although Colin has not yet entered the city, he is already keenly aware of the dignified aura hanging over Ice Rock City.

 

"Summers in the north are always stormy."

 

Next to him, Earl Dawson looked at the gloomy sky and said pointedly.

 

Colin took the wine bag handed to him, took a sip, and handed it back: "Tell me, which one will send people to our camp first, Ice Rock City or the Golden Lion Army?"

 

"I guess it's Ice Rock City. What do you think?"

 

"I also guess it's Ice Rock City."

 

"It's boring!" Earl Dawson rolled his eyes.

 

Colin glanced at the dwarf earl next to him in a funny way, and said with a playful expression: "Then let's guess which invitation the Lord Marquis will accept?"

 

"I won't guess this!" Earl Dawson rolled his eyes again, very wary of the cunning son of the baron next to him.

 

Unable to detect Marquis Garcia's tendency from Earl Dawson, Colin was not discouraged. He rolled his eyes and tried again:

 

"Then tell me, how should the Duke reward the Black Cavalry for such great achievements this time?"

 

Earl Dawson chuckled. He didn't know if he heard Colin's probing intention. He stroked his beard and said:

 

"The Marquis has no reward left. I estimate that the Duke will share the credit with the generals of the Black Cavalry. Perhaps there will be another Marquis among us."

 

When he heard the other party say the sensitive word "no reward," Colin stared at the dwarf earl's face carefully, but did not see any clues from it, as if it was just an extremely ordinary word.

 

"Then I would like to congratulate you in advance! If you are to award a marquis among the generals of the Black Cavalry Army, it must be you!" Colin congratulated with a smile.

 

Earl Dawson shook his head and smiled lightly, but did not continue.

 

I just don't know if he is pretending to be humble, or if he is indifferent to this possible reward.

 

But Colin already understood what Earl Dawson meant.

 

Obviously the other party has guessed the way the Duke of the North might deal with the Black Cavalry - dividing them up and drawing them together.

 

If Earl Dawson is really awarded the title of Marquis, although this is a great honor, it also means that he will become independent from the Black Cavalry.

 

Moreover, as they are both marquises, the Dawson family will definitely no longer be loyal to Marquis Garcia, and their allegiance will become the Duke of the North.

 

In this way, perhaps the Black Cavalry Army will be divided into two.

 

Since Earl Dawson can guess the Duke's possible methods, wouldn't Marquis Garcia not be able to guess it?

 

How will he respond?

 

Colin suddenly felt that this great victory did not eliminate the haze hanging over the northern border, but instead made the wind and thunder hidden in it become more violent and dangerous.

 

"Your Majesty the Marquis!"

 

Colin was still looking at the dark clouds in the sky and lost in thought, but was suddenly awakened by a greeting from Earl Dawson.

 

When they turned around, they saw Marquis Garcia leading a group of people standing behind them.

 

"Your Majesty the Marquis!" Colin also quickly turned around and saluted.

 

Marquis Garcia nodded towards the two of them, then pointed to a middle-aged man following behind him and said to Colin:

 

"Colin, this is the Knight of Shire. He and the twenty-seven warriors behind him were seriously injured in this battle and are about to retire.

 

But I hope you can give them a job so they don't waste the rest of their lives in the fields. "

 

"Of course! It's my pleasure!"

 

Colin felt a strong joy rush into his head, making everything in front of him seem unreal.

 

The value of veterans, especially those who have retired from the Black Cavalry, cannot be measured in money!

 

Colin had realized before that if he wanted to occupy a place in this world, he must have an elite army.

 

After the baptism of this battle, Colin has become deeply fascinated by the cavalry.

 

However, although Colin had followed Marquis Garcia all the way, he already had a lot of experience in cavalry combat methods, but when it came to cavalry training, Colin was at a loss.

 

And at this moment, Marquis Garcia presented such a great gift!

 

Although these twenty-eight veterans cannot go to the battlefield, they are qualified enough to serve as cavalry instructors.

 

They will be the seeds of Colin's dream cavalry!

 

Until the Charles Knight swore allegiance to Colin at the signal of Marquis Garcia, Colin was still immersed in excitement and had not fully recovered.

 

Only then did he notice that Knight Charles's right thumb was completely broken at the base. This injury was not particularly serious, but for a knight, it meant the end of his career.

 

Without his thumb, he could not grip any sword.

 

"choke!"

 

Colin drew out his long sword and gently tapped the knight's shoulder, accepting his allegiance.

 

He was not disappointed because the Shire knight could no longer hold a sword. On the contrary, in his opinion, the knight's value was completely inestimable.

 

Even if there were a group of fourth- and fifth-level knights standing in front of him now, he would rather choose Ciel.

 

Earl Dawson watched all this quietly, his eyes full of meaning.

 

After Colin calmed down the Charles Knight and the remaining twenty-seven retired soldiers, he finally calmed down.

 

At this time, the thought that had been bothering him before came up again.

 

This time, he could no longer suppress this idea, but directly asked Marquis Garcia:

 

"My Lord Marquis, I can't repay you for your help! However, I want to know... How can I, the son of a little baron, be so cared for by you?"

 

Upon hearing this question, Earl Dawson, the Charles Knight and others all retreated wisely.

 

Marquis Garcia looked at Colin who looked solemn, suddenly smiled, and said something completely unrelated: "Vera has a good impression of you."

 

"Huh?" Colin was stunned.

 

"I saw she had a diamond earring in your hand before. She gave it to you, right?"

 

Colin blinked blankly, remembering that he had taken out the pair of earrings to play with while marching with the Black Cavalry, but he did not expect that Marquis Garcia would see them.

 

Apparently, Marquis Garcia misunderstood.

 

However, Colin would not tell the other party that the earring was a souvenir he took from Vera on the opportunity of "dying", rather than a "token of love" proactively given to him by Vera.

 

Seeing that Colin did not answer, Marquis Garcia thought that the other party acquiesced, so he asked: "Then do you like her?"

 

Colin was suddenly confused.

 

He never expected that the God of Death, who had just buried an army of 300,000 trolls with his own hands, would suddenly care about such a trivial matter of love and affection.

 

Thinking that Marquis Garcia, as Vera's uncle, might just care about his niece, Colin nodded and said: "Miss Vera is of noble birth and kind-hearted. Naturally, I admire her very much."

 

Marquis Garcia's smile was a little complicated, and he said lightly:

 

"I am Vera's biological father."

 

"What?"

 
0