Denver Ramsey
140 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing the system's question, Lex turned speechless. He asked, "Aren't you supposed to have already checked the host's memories? Are you sure I've got a system and not some...."

[Alright, Alright, can you please put aside your prejudice on systems, host? Yes, many of the things you've read and even wrote about systems are true, but not everything.]

[One of them is that the system is omnipotent and all, you should know that we're bound by heavenly principles. We are basically the servants of our host, but many systems use loopholes to do the opposite.]

'Is that so..'

[Yes, so I would need your permission to do anything that can harm you. Like having your memories checked.]

Lex smiled and said in his mind, 'For the first time, you sound sincere, alright then. We're friends'

[You're weird as fuck.]

'Arigatou!' Lex smiled and said, 'Anyways, you can check my memories; you'll get most of the answers there. I'm too lazy to explain everything.'

[Got it, that'll also help me in arranging the system. Honestly, it has become a mess.]

'Just do your work; you are a useless system.' Lex shook his head and began climbing the hill.

On top of this hill, was the Aethrian Academy. It was at a corner of the city, so the Academy remained outside of the bustling city.

He raised his head and looked at the majestic Aethrian Academy at the top of the hill. It was the place where geniuses of the whole Kingdom gathered, the best of the best. 

And somehow, he wasn't feeling like going there.

'Aghh! It's been 18 years, and I still have these habits. I really need to let my inner Author go.' Lex shook his head and began climbing the smooth road to the academy.

No vehicles were allowed in the perimeter of the academy so it was quite peaceful around here. He could see many students like him walking happily.

He looked at his wristwatch and thought, 'Guess I don't have much time then.'

He increased his pace and soon reached the big entrance gate of the academy. On top of the gate, in a stylish font, 'Aethrian Academy' was written.

He looked at that and then proceeded to enter the gate like the other students, but unfortunately, he was forced to stop. He stopped in his tracks as he looked at the boy standing before him with a flat look.

The boy was the same age as him but was taller and had deep black short hair. He wore the same Academy uniform and looked quite handsome.

Currently, this black-headed man was looking directly into his eyes while crossing his hands on his chest. He had a grin plastered on his face as if he had won something.

Both said nothing but continued looking at each other, not moving even an inch.

This unusual behavior of them attracted the attention of passing students as they formed a circle around them and began to whisper around.

"Hey, who are they? Is there going to be a fight?"

"Hehe, I'm looking forward to their fight, two handsome men fighting, ahnn~ what's better than that.."

"... leaving this weirdo aside, do you know anything about why they are battling on the first day? Maybe past enmity?"

"But that's just ridiculous, right? If the academy got to know of this, they'd surely be severely punished."

"Heh, who cares, let's just enjoy."

"Are you guys blind or just idiots? Don't you know him? That black-haired handsome hunk?"

"Just tell us already!"

"He's Denver Ramsey, the young master of the Ramsey Clan. He had the A-Rank Geomancy as his ability."

"What!? He's that Denver Ramsey; no, I mean, you're right. It was rumored he's very handsome, so he might be him."

"But who's the second one? I don't recognize him. But he's also very handsome."

Both Lex and Denver heard the whispering of the crowd but they didn't care about that. They just looked at each other without saying anything.

In the end, Lex was the one who admitted defeat and sighed. He asked, irritation clearly visible in his tone, "Was it Lisa?"

Denver smirked and said, "Of course; otherwise, I wouldn't even know you were coming. You sure have the guts to come to the same Academy as me without informing me."

"Because I knew you would just nag me, now step aside. I don't want to ruin my first day at the academy." Lex said as he walked past the black-headed boy.

Denver clicked his tongue and also began walking beside Lex. He then swung his arm around Lex's neck and said, "You really are very cold to your best friend, ey?"

Lex rolled his eyes and said, "A self-proclaimed best friend, yes."

The duo had already entered the campus, leaving the confused crowd behind. They had thought they would be witnessing a battle. They shook their head in disappointment and went on their way.

"Also, can you please not throw your weight on me? You're heavy," Lex said as he shook free from Denver's hand.

"Tsk, you're no fun," Denver said, walking beside Lex. They were heading towards one of the bigger buildings where the opening ceremony would be held.

"By the way, I saw how you were cursing my book, you know," Denver said. "I mean it's not that bad, so many people like it, and it has so many crazed fans."

"You know why I don't like your novel and it was just my opinion," Lex said.

Yes, Denver was the author of 'Seven Hell.' They've known each other for years as they've been one of the first authors on Novelweb, the number 1 writing platform.

And using this familiarity, Denver had been stuck with Lex for years. Lex could only sigh and let Denver do whatever he wanted.

"Hmm, you have a point. After all, I also don't like your current novel." Denver said. "By the way, are you participating in the Novelweb Heavenly Awards?"

"NHA huh, I don't know," Lex said, but then he remembered about his system. "Actually, I'll participate."

4