Chapter 13: Trash Tape
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lot of time had passed since the start of the mock test. Professor Damian figured that there wouldn’t be enough time to teach another topic, plus he also had duties for the competition, so it was a good time to do so.

In his defense, he’s not teaching because he is lazy but because of the current state of mind of the students, he doubted if they would be even able to focus, it was much better to be more productive and handle his other duties.

Professor Damian grabbed the paper from Nathan and instructed the class to tidy up the room, the professors by the door also used this time to go out. The interesting part was now over, there was no need to continue watching. Well to be fair there was nothing to watch and what happened earlier had already feast their eyes.

When the students finished, the professor said,” Seeing that you seem so out of your body, let us just continue this next meeting. In the meantime, I’ll head to the ones preparing for the competition. Nathan, don’t be lazy and be prepared.”

The professor didn’t want Nathan’s result to get over his head thus despite Nathan’s performance, the professor still reminded him.

Nathan nodded and after seeing the reply of Nathan, he dismissed the class.

The professor left as soon as possible and left the students in the room.

Their class erupted in applause, they were both perplexed and astonished by what had just happened.

“What happened to you Nathan, did you eat some kind of magical apple today?” Someone by the back jest at him, while the others laughed at the joke.

Someone even joined in and said, “What? Is Nathan the reincarnation of Newton? After being smacked in the head by the apple, in his next life he ate it?”

The others continued joking as Nathan saw Selene dejectedly walking outside the room.

At this time, Warlock suddenly said, “Hey, don’t grind my buddy too hard, maybe he won’t be able to answer when the competition starts because of your pestering.”

“No way that’s true,” someone said as others agreed with him, though they also think that it’s time to stop as they were feeling quite hungry. They laughed at such thoughts, why would they be hungry when all they did was watch.

After a couple more questions to Nathan, the rest all broke up and went to grab snacks before heading home.

Nathan felt tired with all the questioning, it would seem that answering the questions of his classmate was even more tiring than the questions brought by Professor Damian. Was socializing really this tiring, why would even people actively do this?

At this time, a familiar sound entered his ears.

It was the system.

He opened his system and discovered something changed.

[Honor]: 100

[Items]: None

[Shop]: To be unlocked

[Magic Wheel]: Obtain a vault prize

(Spinning requires 100 Honor, the higher the Honor the better chances of

getting a good reward)

Nathan still doesn’t get how the honor is calculated but seeing that it increased, it seemed to be going as he intended.

Nathan noticed that he was now able to use the magic wheel, because of curiosity he decided it would be best to try it first before saving up honor to spin the wheel and get higher rank items.

He doesn’t know what kind of items will be its result so he needs a test run.

Nathan would appear some kind of addict; he started pressing the air for something. He excused himself and said he was getting something from his bag before they left, so he asked Warlock to wait for him outside.

Making sure that Warlock was not watching him, he ‘clicked’ the Magic Wheel.

Something amazing happened, time seemed to have stopped, even color seemed to have vanished and seemed to be absorbed by the floating giant wheel at his face.

The wheel spun for quite a while before it stopped, the object that came out dejected Nathan.

It was a useless item; he was expecting another object like the knowledge on college mathematics; instead, what he got was some kind of tape.

[Honor]: 0

[Items]: [Silent Tape x 1]

[Shop]: To be unlocked

[Magic Wheel]: Obtain a vault prize

(Spinning requires 100 Honor, the higher the Honor the better chances of

getting a good reward)

Nathan was curious as he hovered in the name of the tape, making sure that he didn't touch it.

The description of the item says:

“Silent Tape…A tape for silencing someone forever.”

Nathan was very puzzled and asked himself why he got such a useless item, why would he even need a silencing item that would last for eternity, that’s just messed up.

His heart felt bitter, he couldn’t accept he just wasted 2 days’ worth of Honor for such garbage. If only there was a recycle button in the system.

Nathan sighed inwardly, what more can he do but accept the reality. Reality is a b**ch, that’s the most apt word.

In the middle of Nathan’s contemplation, another sound rang in his ears, it was the system yet again and so he opened it again.

[Honor]: 0

[Items]: [Silent Tape x 1]

[Congratulation Packet x 1]

[Shop]: To be unlocked

[Magic Wheel]: Obtain a vault prize

(Spinning requires 100 Honor, the higher the Honor the better chances of

getting a good reward)

“Another congratulation packet?”

Nathan hovered above the word and it says:

“Congratulations, the hosts have used the Magic Wheel feature of the system for the first time. You have received a Red Packet – a.k.a. Congratulations Packet. May you use it efficiently”

Nathan understood why he had received another packet, he deduced that there would be another packet when he finally buys something from the shop.

The only thing that puzzled Nathan was, the last phrase of the system appeared non-robotic, it seemed to be human-like. Was it his imagination?

His pondering was cut short by Warlock as the latter called Nathan a slowpoke.

1