Chapter 18: The Scene is Over
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the abandoned building by the riverbank.

Nathan looked at the men groveling at the ground, he asked, “Who’s next?”

“Wait there’s no need to attack right? You already beat up Maddox.” One of the goons pleaded.

“You’re right, but you didn’t think I missed your expression earlier, did you? Thinking of revenge, that’s silly.” Nathan clicked his tongue.

“Why would I leave loose ends here, yes I have the help of these men right here but It’s more of a surefire win if I destroy you all mentally don’t you think so?” Nathan said as he pointed at Warlock’s men.

The goons were shaking as they realized that there was no talking to Nathan, it was a mistake targeting his brother.

Who the f**k said that Nathan was just a nobody? That he was trash? Who the f**k said that?! A bunch of liars.

They were crying in their heads.

“The past days or even years, I don’t know how long you stayed at the top with all your bullying and being a villain, but do you want to face a villain for once in a while. It will be a good experience; don’t you think so?” Nathan said with an eerie smile.

Warlock was shocked by what’s happening. It seemed that Nathan became a different person when It involved his family. Totally different from Nathan’s usual indifferent actions.

Warlock felt strange as he thought that Nathan does have emotions on him, just reserved for his family.

“Can you untie them all up to me?” Nathan instructed Warlock’s men. With the latter’s approval, the men untied the goons.

“Don’t think that because you’re all highschoolers that I will pull any punches. You didn’t do that to Neo so why the hell would I do that.”

“But don’t think I’m unfair though, I tried to give you a chance. Those suited men at my back wouldn’t help me, it’s just you eight against me. If you can get past me, then I’ll let you go,” Nathan offered.

The gang members all looked at each other at the response, they all thought that Nathan must’ve loose screws on his head. What kind of person would readily make himself vulnerable? they would if they were an idiot.

“You sure you won’t back out?” A goon said as Nathan agreed.

“Don’t think of this as bullying as it’s your fault for overestimating your ability.” They all charge at Nathan.

They didn’t believe that Nathan would be able to do anything to them. Maddox was beaten up because he was stuck to the chair. Right now, they are free and are able to retaliate, adding to the fact that it’s eight versus one.

For them, it’s not even a question who will win. This is reality and not a movie scene.

Warlock is kind of hesitant, he agreed earlier but if he thinks Nathan would be in trouble, he would take action. He eyed his subordinates about it and the rest understood him.

They were ready to take action but it surprised them what happened to the gang the second they launched at Nathan.

Nathan didn’t wait for them and instead took a stride to them with a huge smile on his face.

A member of the gang who was at the forefront of the attack saw a fist flying straight to him before he lost consciousness. This made the other members perk up, Nathan used that to attack once more.

He dealt with the thugs with punches, elbows and kicks. He targeted various weak points of their bodies, but avoided lethal attacks once. It was enough to get them incapacitated.

There was no need to physically beat them up to a pulp, a mental trauma is enough for this troubled youth in his opinion.

Maddox didn’t get the same treatment as his goons since Nathan wanted to leave an example that he could’ve done what he did to Maddox to the rest of the gang but he didn’t. Since Maddox is the leader, it was enough that he was the one who got the same injuries as Neo.

They were still teens so he was still lenient on them, but if it was Neo was beat up more than what he gained and is only a breath away from death. A more brutal outcome would have come to all the members of the gang.

Warlock and his men were shocked once more on the outcome of the skirmish, they were waiting for an opportunity to help Nathan but they didn’t expect that Nathan would finish it in a flash.

Nathan was using not only his body to attack, but also the body of the inexperienced gang members.

They wondered how many secrets Nathan hides still from them.

“Are you alright?” Warlock asked Nathan who was standing with bloodied hands on the unconscious thugs.

“Not really, my wrist hurts.” Nathan waved his fist trying to get rid of excess blood from his hands.

“You really surprised us right there; we were ready to aid you from that reckless plan.” Warlock walks towards Nathan as he instructs his men to get a bandage for Nathan and get the men lying on the ground in their personal hospital.

“It was just playing around, you know, like some thugs. Forget it, what I have come here has been done,” Nathan said as he thanked Warlock.

“No problem at all, think of it as re-educating future problems of the city. One less thug to deal with in the future. But is it okay for a medical aspirant to do this kind of act?” Warlock laughed.

“Of course, so I’ll have more patients to attend to,” Nathan also joined in with the joke.

Warlock invited Nathan for a snack, the latter obliged, both of them were starving.

After they bought food, they went to the hospital that Neo has been admitted to. They didn’t forget to get Neo some food, and also Iain who has basically become a caretaker for a day. 

1