Chapter 20: Thraia Meets Warlock
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thraia’s face turned pale as she received the news.

“What did you say? Don’t joke around like that!” Thraia was losing her mind.

“It’s true, but don’t worry about his fine now,” Nathan reasoned.

“What do you mean not to worry?! My son was hospitalized and I’m just learning about it. Take me to the hospital immediately.” Thraia changed clothes before they headed to the hospital.

After traveling for a few minutes, they arrived.

“Are you visitors?” The guard said to them.

“Yes, we are, my son is hospitalized here,” Thraia answered.

“Go on, tell him what room number your brother is in.” Thraia nudged his son.

Nathan sighed as he said, “My brothers at room 501, here’s the stub for it.” Nathan presented a stub that Warlock gave him earlier to enter the hospital

The guard’s eyes widened as he changed his tone and welcomed them warmly. How could he not? Although the Miller family had been known for their automobile business, it was not a hidden fact that they also have a few hospitals in their name throughout the country, such as this one.

Having that stub means Nathan was at least the level where he knew the Miller family personally.

Thraia was stunned, the guard’s demeanor was already very welcoming, but when he saw the stub, he became even more friendly.

As the two were walking down the hallway, Thraia asked, “Why did that guard’s face change all of a sudden.”

“Probably because Nee’s room is a VIP room,” Nathan said nonchalantly while Thraia stopped on her tracks.

“VIP? We can’t afford that, we need to move him to a different ward, what were you thinking?!” Thraia was stunned, they wouldn’t be able to afford that kind of treatment.

Yes, she wanted the best for her child but she also needed to be more realistic and practical.

“You don’t have to worry mom, I got help from a friend who has some connections,” Nathan replied as he urged his mom to follow him.

“What do you mean friend? Don’t you think you can get out of this one, bring me to your brother so I can move his ward.” It seems Nathan wouldn’t be able to convince his mom without Warlock’s help so he decided to stay silent and hope Warlock is still at the hospital.

After walking for a couple of minutes, the two of them arrived by the room. They knocked twice before entering.

There were only two people in the room, Warlock and Neo.

“Thraia had a breakdown as she saw her son in such a state.” She cried and asked what had happened.

Nathan asked Warlock where Iain is, the latter replied, “He already went home, he had already done more than you have requested he said as he left in tow with that book he was reading.”

“So why are you still here?”

“I can’t leave your brother alone; I know that you will be either with or without your mom. Seeing that you’re finally here, I’ll give you family some space to talk to,” Warlock said as he prepared to leave, Nathan stopped him though.

“Help me one more time, my mom here doesn’t believe I got the bills covered and insists that Neo be moved to another room with less expense,” Nathan reasoned.

“You got one thing wrong though, it was me who got the bills covered,” Warlock said proudly with a grin on his face.

Thraia regained her calmness as she heard the word ‘bill’ on her son’s words. She turned around and saw Warlock whom she had never realized was in the room.

“Hello, May I ask for your name? Thank you for keeping my son here company” Thraia pointed at Neo.

“Don’t worry about it ma’am, My name’s Warlock Miller by the way.” Warlock offered a handshake.

‘Miller…’ Thraia thought.

After a few seconds, she said in shock, “THE Miller family?”

“Yes ma’am,” Warlock confirmed with a laugh.

Thraia knows of the family, how could she not? She would not be from the country if she didn’t know of the leading family in terms of the impact they have on the economy.

“Then that means you’re the friend that Nathan was talking about with me earlier?” Thraia asked as she pondered that if what Nathan said earlier was true, why would Warlock help her family? Just because of friendship? That kind of friendship is not common these days.

“If what Nathan said was that he has a friend that paid the bills in the hospital, then that would be me.”

“Why would you do that? Thank you very much for your help.” Thraia bowed.

“You don’t need to bow to me ma’am, I’m your son’s friend, that would make it weird.” Warlock waved his hand trying to stop Thraia on what she's doing.

“Besides, if you want to know why I help, then it would be appropriate to ask your son, Neo. I think it's better if he explained it,” Warlock suggested.

Thraia understood and looked at her son, Nathan on the other hand sat down on the couch.

Since it had all come to this, Neo didn’t have any more choice and he sighed.

He explained all that had happened, starting from the time that he joined a gang to save his friend, the day that he had been beaten half to death by Maddox, until how he arrived at the hospital bed.

Thraia didn’t intervene in her son’s story, she stayed silent as tears formed in her eyes. She couldn’t believe Neo experienced all of that, he almost died.

“Where’s that bastard kid Maddox? A teen like him acts like a thug and almost killed you?! He has to pay. Follow me Nathan, we’ll be going to the police station to report. Stay here Neo, we’ll be back soon.” Thraia wanted to rush out of the room as soon as she heard the full story from Neo.

Warlock stopped her and said, “Ma’am there’s no need, that’s where I come from. I couldn’t just pretend that I didn't know that such vulgarity happened to someone I know.”

 

 

 

0