Chapter 23: A New Skill?
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nathan opened his system once more and clicked on the ability vault function. He has only one hope that it won’t be a trash one.

A huge bronze-vault appeared above him; it shook before spitting out something.

[Intermediate Singing Skill] Acquired.

“Intermediated Singing? Does it want me to be a singer?” Nathan was perplexed at the skill he acquired.

Nathan thought as how it was not knowledge that he gained but skill; the answer was simple, even if he knew the knowledge for intermediate singing, he wouldn’t be able to apply it with talent. That same goes if it’s a talent, no use for a talent if the person doesn’t know what to do.

The term ‘skill’ was more apt to use.

Nathan thought hard about the choice given to him by the system.

Yes, if done properly or even done half-baked, the fame would surely grow, every time he sang that is.

But, the reason for his hesitation was that, it’s a huge gap from his personality. Was this still the freedom he once envisioned?

After much thinking, he decided to accept it. Freedom is earned and not randomly acquired, that is the reality. It was indeed true that he longed for freedom, but it’s just a means to an end, what he wanted to do is to live.

Live without boundaries and full of life. It might sound philosophical but a person doesn’t live just because they’re alive, the actions that they do and the experiences they gain is but a building block to live.

Nathan smiled as he clicked the new skill he had acquired. Tons of information had flowed on his brain; not only that but changes in his body appeared, more so in the upper part of the body.

His diaphragm, lungs, vocal cord, throat muscles, and all the body parts that have a function with singing have had changes made to them.

There was no pain though, it was like the whole process was one smooth ride.

When his transformation had finished, he quickly tested how much control his voice had.

Nathan tried saying phrases and sentences in different tones. He was amazed at the result, he was by no means a singer since forever, so being able to accurately hit notes is pretty awesome for him.

“What’s the top song in the music billboard nowadays?” Nathan thought as he booted up his pc.

After waiting for it to open, he quickly went to the International Music Ranking Foundation (IMRF). This was the official ranking list that all the countries use in the world. In this site, the user may be able to toggle between international and national hit list depending on the user’s preference.

The IMRF have been known to have no bias in their picking on who’s on the list and even kick out those who wanted to try bribing them. Even the family members of the head of the foundation despite having musical inclination don't have any high ranking with them since their talent in singing was below average.

This made Nathan wonder how the head of a music foundation has family members that don’t have any talent. After some thought he realized that he was having some kind of prejudice. There’s no natural law that states that if a family member has certain talents, all will have them.

Although it is common in some cases where multiple talented individuals hail from the same family, it just doesn't apply to the family of IMRF.

Nathan went to the National Rankings tab and looked at the most famous song. It was titled “A Bliss of Tomorrow’s Kiss.” He went and searched up the music and listened to it.

The song was really good in his opinion, adding to the fact that he had already gained knowledge on singing, it was really not that bad. The singer really had an amazing voice.

Nathan wanted to test his singing ability by singing it but he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to play it as well as the woman who sang it.

After some thinking he decided to do it anyway, it was just a cover, and he is just a beginner, there was no need to be overly cautious with it. He planned to post it online to receive some feedback, with his knowledge, he was sure that he can just adjust it next time so that it will suit his audiences more.

Nathan went outside and borrowed his mother’s ring light. Thraia was still not at home as she was still accompanying Neo at the hospital. If Thraia learned that his son touched one of her belongings without asking, she would have surely hit his bottom.

Thraia was not here so if Nathan just brought it back before she came home, then nobody gets hurt.

After fixing his set up and being ready to record, he forgot the most important part. He hasn’t memorized the song yet. He slapped himself internally, though it was not so much with a problem. He would need just at most five minutes and he’ll be able to memorize it no problem.

Nathan memorized for some time before he felt that he was now ready to sing it.

With no proper recording device, he started singing; only himself, his phone, and Thraia’s ring light was used.

The minus one version of “A Bliss of Tomorrow’s kiss” played in the background as he sang with the melody.

He continued for minutes until the song finally stopped. If he was asked, he sang the song quite alright. There was still a gap between his performance and the original author but considering that he’s still not a professional, he thinks that it’s okay.

He relistened to his performance, and posted it on social media afterwards.

What kind of reactions will he get?

Will there be negative comments in it?

Did he really do enough?

All kinds of questions appeared in his mind that made Nathan realize something, He was changing.

0