5. Chapter – First battle – 2/3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Probably ten meters above them, a crystal spider silently watching the exciting show.

Li Wei pulled out a small knife and began to cut at the wolf, which was struggling with a small axe. Unintentionally, he severed tendons on one side of the wolf's mouth, causing blood to pour from its mouth. The wounded wolf, having missed its initial attack, lunged again. This time, it didn't miss and bit deep into Li Wei's left arm. His arm instantly went numb, causing him to release the small axe. The wolf, with its injured mouth, dropped the axe and charged again.

*****

As the wolf, previously parried by the wok, rushed forward once more, it became evident that this particular wolf was young and inexperienced, charging without a clear plan. It collided with the work, and once again, Wok blocked its advance. However, the force of the impact shattered all of Mei Lin's fingers that held the shield. Mei Lin looked at her mangled hand, clutching the wok, her mind slipping away from the overwhelming pain. Her delicate body which never recovered from her illness, unaccustomed to such physical exertion, struggled to cope.

Simultaneously, the young wolf, now without an eye, launched another attack. It bit fiercely at Mei Lin's right hand, holding a knife, to the extent that it impaled itself through its mouth. In the final moments, the wolf failed even to bite her hand, instead, the knife entered its mouth and emerged at the back of its head, covered in brain mass and blood. Blood was sprayed everywhere. The horrific sight startled Mei Lin, causing her to step aside, losing her leverage against the tree only to be pushed down by the wolf that had broken her fingers.

Seizing the opportunity, the wolf redirected its aggression towards her legs. Unable to defend herself effectively with the wok, Mei Lin was instantly bitten. She didn't have shoes so the wolf attack was more devastating. The pain was so intense that she let out a piercing scream, startling the attacking wolf momentarily.

*****

Li Wei found himself in an even worse situation, cursing incessantly as he tried desperately to shake off the dead wolf that clung to his leg. With no time to check on Mei Lin's condition, he pressed on, fully aware that his adversaries were still a threat. Despite the intense pain from his wounds, he forced himself to focus. The battle had left him without any axes, leaving him with only a small knife as his weapon of choice. He knew he had no other option but to face the remaining challenges with determination and resilience only with a small knife for herbs. "FUCK!!"

He rushed against the wolf with a broken jaw. Fortunately, the wolf that was stuck to his leg let go. He swung the knife, and his hit landed on top of the wolf's muzzle. The wolf cried out and was sent sprawling to the ground. At that moment, the only healthy wolf began attacking from behind and tearing up the herb basket. Li Wei was knocked to the ground when he tried to pick up a small axe. The wolf with wounds on its neck rushed around them and began attacking Li Wei's head.

The wolf that had been sent to the ground slowly began to stand up, facing significant troubles, pain evident in its movements. Strangely, its eyes were now a deep shade of purple, as it pondered whether to continue the fight or make a hasty retreat.

With no other option, Li Wei covered his head with his arms as the remaining wolf tore into them. Blood splattered everywhere, saturating the grass and creating a disgusting, slippery surface. Li Wei rolled over with the wolf on his back, successfully escaping the attack on his head. At that moment, his left hand unintentionally swept over the wolf's fur on its neck when he rolled from him. The thick fur was suddenly torn open, and blood spurted out like a fountain.

"HOW" Li Wei shouted, not dwelling on the gruesome sight. He quickly refocused, preparing himself for the next round of the fight.

*****

In reality, what happened was that the camouflage spell that had concealed him throughout his life, ever since he entered the village, momentarily dispersed on his left hand. Sharp nails on his fingers cut into the wolf, revealing the magical camouflage that seemed to have been there all along. It materialized once more, shielding him from further harm. This was interfering with the deity.

*****

Both wolves looked as if someone had experimented on them. Their eyes were a dark shade of purple, a telltale sign that demon blood had been introduced into their systems. The demonic blood was poisonous to those who ingested it. Anyone who drank demon blood would undergo mutations and eventually transform into mindless creatures, similar to demons themselves. This revelation was a positive sign for Li Wei. While he didn't fully understand what had happened to the wolves, he knew that this situation could work to his advantage.

Taking advantage of the mysterious demise of one wolf, Li Wei leaped over its lifeless form, preparing himself for whatever challenges lay ahead.

As he rolled, his hands slipped, and he buried his head in the bloody ground. Li Wei quickly looked up, only to see a wolf with a wound on its neck leaping over him bouncing off a broken basket on his back. This wolf, having lost a significant amount of blood, was in a frenzied state. The slip proved to be a stroke of luck for Li Wei, potentially saving his life.

Reacting swiftly, he turned around, kicked the frenzied wolf away, and rushed over the dead wolf to retrieve the small axe. Despite the extreme pain from his injuries a small blackouts, Li Wei jumped back to his feet and faced the lone wolf that seemed intent on escaping. When the wolf caught sight of Li Wei's bloodied face and all his wounds, it promptly turned around and sprinted away, abandoning the confrontation.

0