Chapter 1 – Either the queen or the dragon mother
53 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crackclaw Point had its own legendary hero, Clement Crabb, grandson of Aegon the Conqueror. He served in the Kingsguard during the reign of Jaehaerys I.

At the Battle of the Trident during the Usurper's War, the leading families of Crackclaw Point fought alongside Prince Rhaegar until the end. The people of the region were proud to be the vassals of the "True Dragon Family."

After Robert Baratheon's victory, the already weakened Crabb family was decimated, leaving only Green Kleb, who was still being carried by his mother at the time.

The Whispering Castle was a curved military fortress built into the mountain, with a few small houses scattered around the area.

In the Lord's Hall, Green Crabb, the perfectly integrated time traveler, sat in the high-backed chair with a huge marsh marigold flag hanging behind him.

At his side were Hershel, the great butler, and Sulana, the life butler. Both around 40 years old and 5'7" tall, Hershel was bald and burly, wearing a blue round-necked cloak, while Sulana had long, curly brown hair, wearing a long blue dress with a low neckline.

An old farmer knelt in the center of the hall, his voice full of respect: "Yes, sir, I confirm."

After hearing the farmer's hesitant statement, Green Crabb's expression remained almost unchanged. Only the corners of his mouth twitched slightly.

The Lord's Hall was silent for a moment.

Upon noticing that his young master showed no interest in speaking, the imposing butler Hershel coughed discreetly and said, "Old Pierre, news has reached my ears that you have directly meddled in his family's affairs. You haven't done anything rash, right?" "

Old farmer Pierre, after a brief moment of silence, replied: "I'm furious, but age is not in my favor. Matti is younger and stronger than me. I have no chance against him..."

Herschel questioned, "What about your wife?"

Pierre replied with a resigned tone: "Against her I have no chance either..."

Hershel murmured in awe, "Ah, the women of Crackclaw Point are truly remarkable for their strength and fiber!"

According to local customs, from today onwards, old farmer Pierre will probably carry a less than honorable title, such as "old and weak Pierre".

To be considered a legitimate lord, it is essential to protect the weakest. Only when the weak feel safe and protected can loyalty flourish and grow stronger.

Green Clabb understood that, in a way, everyone was like puppies that needed protection, including himself.

With his voice still somewhat immature at his fifteen years, young Mr. Green Clabb addressed old Pierre: "Old Pierre, your lord has heard your request and will provide two swordsmen to accompany you."

Then, his gray eyes turned to a tall, middle-aged man who wore iron armor and was standing at the side of the hall. "Ser Pell," he said, "you can find two soldiers to accompany you directly..."

Tilting his head slightly, Green whispered to the butler Hershel, "Hershel, how's the shortage of people now?"

Herschel, who seemed to have already prepared his response, said, "My lord, there will always be a need for laborers to perform heavy labor in the territory. But I suggest that instead of giving swords to troublesome people, you give more opportunities to your subjects. You He's kind and always gives them a chance."

Green Kleb pondered for a moment and then thought, "Well, you're young and strong, right? You like robbing people, right? You're energetic, so I'll give you a sword and send you to fight the savages. If you have lucky enough to survive, everything will depend on the benevolence of the lord."

Green nodded slightly and gestured with his right hand.

Old farmer Pierre's eyes were red with emotion. He bowed deeply before his lord, feeling his own posture rise and his entire body fills with strength. In his heart, he made a silent promise to work diligently on the lord's land and ensure a bountiful harvest. "We will definitely be able to produce more wheat this year than last year," he thought with conviction.

Observing his lord, Pierre noticed how thin he looked. "It must be because he doesn't eat enough," concluded the old farmer. "With the improvement of farmland and a larger harvest, you will be able to eat more and become stronger."

"Next," called Green.

"My lord, my agricultural tools broke…"

"Sir, my son has had a stomachache for several days."

"Sir, the mountain savages have stolen my prey…"

"My Lord, mountain savages are always appearing near our village, and the villagers are very worried…"

"Yes, usually five or six people go out together."

The arduous task of welcoming citizens in the morning finally came to an end. Green, freed from the obligation to maintain a majestic posture in his tall wooden chair, stretched and stood up. The rigidity of the pose, worthy of a painting, was a burden he could finally abandon.

"Mrs. Sulana," he ordered, "bring a basin of hot water to the office and prepare my lunch. Also, ask to prepare the crow and have it ready as soon as I finish writing this letter."

Retreating to the quiet of the castle office, Green finished his lunch, organized his belongings, and picked up his quill. This was the third letter he wrote that day.

The recipient of the letter was none other than the current Queen, Cersei Lannister.

After the War, Green found himself the only man remaining in the direct Crabb family line. His mother, pregnant at the time of the War, was spared the death penalty through the intercession of the honorable Eddard Stark with the new King Robert Baratheon. Despite royal benevolence, the Clabb family would never fully recover from the loss of its members, with only a faint glow of its former glory remaining.

In the ten years following the Usurper's War, Duke Jon Arryn, Hand of the King of the Baratheon Dynasty, did not forget to persecute the ancient noble families that once served the Targaryens, including the Crabbs.

With Game of Thrones imminent, to be chronicled in "A Song of Ice and Fire", Green knew he had a lot to do. The survival of his family and the restoration of his name depended on his actions in the coming months.

To enter this phase as a noble of the royal domain, it is essential to strengthen ties with Red Castle. More than ten years have passed since the War, and Jon Arryn, the Hand of the King, is aged and weakened. According to the plot, his time is running out, which represents an opportunity for the Clabb family.

After years of persecution under Jon Arryn's rule, the Clabb family finally finds a moment of respite. However, complacency is not an option. It is necessary to go beyond the crowd and seek social mobility. The Crabb family, once ridiculed as semi-savages, did not understand this need, but Green, the new leader, is willing to change this scenario.

With his mind focused on flattery, Green begins writing a letter to Queen Cersei Lannister:

Her Royal Highness the Queen, brave and beautiful:

With deep admiration, I send you my sincere greetings and apologize for disturbing you.

Fifteen years have passed since the War. At that time, my mother was still pregnant, enjoying a warmth that I could never feel.

Since childhood, I have always been grateful to the benevolence of the kingdom for allowing the Clabb family to continue.

Our family never forgets the clan motto: united will make the city strong. And over the years, my understanding of this motto has deepened, recognizing that loyalty is at its core.

Fifteen years have passed since the disappearance of the dragons. The once proud Clabb family now finds itself in a precarious situation. Despite their unwavering loyalty, the family was relegated to oblivion, trapped in a dead end.

Former loyalty to the Targaryen dynasty has made us targets of distrust in the new kingdom. Without trust, your loyalty has nowhere to nest.

In a world where nobility constantly seeks advancement, who would be willing to give the Clabb family a chance?

I heard that Your Highness is about to go hunting in the forest, and the Clabb family hopes to bring glory to you.

The Servant who was impressed by His Highness's charm - Green Crabb.

Green stopped writing. The first step to follow was to choose between the Queen and the Dragon Mother.


Get early access to advanced chapters as well as other bonuses on my Patreon for five dollars a month!

patreon.com/DylanBriak

(Or just search for DylanBriak on Patreon and you should find me)

3