Chapter 29 – A day for flowers
1.6k 8 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was the Spring Celebration Holiday in Konohagakure, a celebration of the end of Winter and the start of Spring. The weather is sunny and the Konoha is as green and lush as it can be.

Us fresh academy graduates have now been working and training as Genin for almost two months.

I had discreetly asked around and gathered the information that the Chunnin Exams are usually held at the start of Summer.

This means we are just a short 3 months away.

Though Anko hasn't brought the topic up I'm expecting to see the Rockie 9 again for the Chunnin exams, the freshly graduated teams 7, 9 and 10 already shuffled up from the original story.

I'm already nervous thinking about it.

Not because of the tests themselves, but of what will happen during the tests.

Orochimaru and the Konoha Crush...

I stop myself from worrying about it once more. No matter what happens I need to grow as strong as possible to have multiple options available to pick from.

Today is a day to unwind, Anko-sensei is letting us have this day off also as preparation for tomorrow.

For the first time, we are accepting a C-rank mission and leaving the safety of Konoha.

It marks an important point in our ninja life, sensei now considers us strong enough to move on from our sheltered D-rank mission life and be prepared to kill or die for the sake of the mission or village.

I head on over to one of the busiest spots in the village at this date and time.

Yamanaka Flowers, the flower shop operated by Ino's Yamanaka clan.

Everyone wants flowers today.

Housewives show up to buy some of the first flowers of the season to decorate the dining table.

A Husband buys flowers to give to his wife.

A boy gets flowers for his lovers... lovers? That last one is probably just me.

I was also more interested in a different kind of flower.

A blond girl with her hair in a ponytail and a bang covering one of her eyes exits the shop and rushes my way.

"Thank you for waiting, Yami, I brought you your order as well"

I grab the bouquet Ino hands me, it's a small one with just 3 flowers, each of a different color.

"Thank you Ino, are you sure it's ok to take the time now? I can always just show up later?"

"It's okay Yami, we got more help than we need for the extra demand today"

I weave some hand jutsu and a few seconds later a copy of myself shows up on my side. I mentally instruct him on his task.

I grab hold of one of the flowers, a yellow hibiscus and the clone leaves with the bouquet.

I turn back to Ino and present her with the flower.

"For you Ino"

"That's so cheesy Yami!" She says with a wide smile

"So what if it is? I know you like it"

"I do. Happiness and good luck, that's what the yellow hibiscus means"

I attach the flower to Ino's hairband

"That sounds like the right thing to wish for...

Let's get going, they might come after me since I'm leaving with their 4 prettiest flowers"

Ino blushes as I hold her hand and we go out into the streets of Konoha.

We spend the day roaming around the village, taking in the view and visiting some of the more interesting stalls open for the occasion.

We stopped several times to watch shows that were playing out. A few of them were creatively cheating through the use of Jutsu but some showed real skill in diverse fields such as singing and origami making.

We tried out a bunch of different foods after my insistence that I could keep it from ruining her diet.

After spending the day out we sit on a wooden fence staring off into the sunset. Waiting for it to end and the fireworks show to begin

We're dressed in casual clothes and I'm carrying a new red scarf while Ino has a white fox mask to the side of her face and holds onto the last of her cotton candy.

"Today was a lot of fun Ino"

"It was great Yami, but shouldn't you have been with Sakura and Hinata"

"Ohh I was, but I wanted to take the chance to be with you. For real."

I stop beating around the bush and approach the main topic.

"About Sakura and Hinata"

"I don't like it Yami... I feel.. forgotten...

I was the last to join our little group during the Academy. And just when I was... getting closer we ended up separated due to our teams.

I should have expected it... we knew the 3-man cell was the basis of ninja formations in Konoha.

But it was just... cruel...

To be ripped away and left stranded on another team.

There are still so many years ahead, so much time the three of you get to spend together... without me"

I push on some love hormones to help sweeten the mood.

"Ino, I won't ever forget you.

No matter how far apart we stand on this planet.

No matter how long we have to spend without seeing each other.

It doesn't change how I feel when I get to see your face again."

I approach and kiss Ino.

She stands paralyzed for a few moments, before letting go and leaning into the kiss.

Our lips stay locked in a heated fervor for the next minutes until we are interrupted by the starting fireworks show.

"Ino, you'll always be my beautiful flower."

"Yami... I'll always be your most beautiful flower."

"Hahah... I'm sure you will"

We stay silent for a few minutes enjoying the fireworks.

"About Sakura and Hinata"

"I already know Yami. You're a bee smelling multiple flowers.

This flower won't bloom for any other bee"

I knew Ino had always had an obsession with beauty. It was the main reason she had a crush on Sasuke and later Sai.

I need to trust Ino and not take Ino at face value. She may seem shallow but she's smarter than she lets on.

 


At the same time Yami was going out with Ino...

Yami's shadow clone finds his targets.

He stops in front of a pink-haired girl and presents a Pink tulip.

"To my confident bundle of joy Sakura"

"Aww, thanks Yami"

Yami and Sakura share a brief kiss before he turns to hand Hinata the other flower, a blue iris

"To my royal princess"

"Thank you, Yami"

They share a kiss as well.

"I'm sorry but I'm just a clone, true me is going to spend as long as possible with Ino.

I have some shopping to get to but I can keep you company for the rest of the day afterward"

Sakura speaks

"Sounds like a plan. But Slutra wants to know where her flower is?"

"I'll open her flower next time we're together"

"What?... What does that mean Yami? Why is she laughing???"

"Didn't you say the two of you share the same memories Sakura" Hinata asks, to which Yami responds.

"They can share the same set of memories but they have different... imaginations let's just say"

They say their goodbyes and Yami-clone leaves the pair of girls on their own while he fetches additional rations, consumables and emergency supplies to drop off at Yami's apartment.

 

70