Chapter 64 – Invitation
1.5k 2 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Chunin exams are only a month away.

Before heading to the interrogation center to meet with Inoichi once more I was called by an Anbu to meet the Hokage alongside Anko.

“How goes your training Yami?” Hiruzen asks.

“Very well Hokage-sama, I’ve acquired passable kenjutsu skills, learned lightning transformation, and am now learning a derived jutsu from it.”

“And your training with Inoichi?”

“It goes well, I’ve mastered the reading section of interrogation. I’ve yet to master searching for specific memories but if I ask a question I can extract their thoughts on a matter.”

“Hmm, very good,
“As you know, even though most Chunin are directly promoted by appointment, the Chunin Exams exist as a way to showcase Konoha’s power and specialties to the feudal lords of the lands as well as our superiority over other villages.
“Your academy class possessed many heirs of the most famous clans and many talents such as yourself. A true once-in-a-century golden generation so even though it might be early we have included your team and two others from your class as candidates for the exam.
“I’m looking forward to what you have to show during the Chunin Exams, but try to keep that forbidden jutsu a secret if possible.”

“Yes Hokage-sama, I will do my best to prove the power and will of Konoha.”

A promise I’m probably not going to keep according to half the plans me and Anko have been cooking up.

“There is another matter which I’m sure you may already be expecting.”

The Hokage wouldn’t just take his precious time to arrange this meeting just to check on my progress, no matter how talented a Genin I may seem.

“Hm”

I nod affirmatively to Hiruzen, I had been training with Inoichi and Yugao, and more obvious than either of those would be the content of Anko’s training.
Your average ninja is trained primarily as a force of war or for contracted missions for clients.
But the training Anko has been giving me serves primarily other purposes.

“I’ve asked your several teachers and all have vouched for your personality, loyalty and mental fortitude for this role.
“As you know the Anbu, Special Assassination and Tactical Squad takes charge of important missions where discretion is required. They act as Konoha’s hand in the dark in missions necessary to ensure the safety of our village.
With your talents, we think you have what it takes to do this job, are you willing to accept?”

I’m sure this arrangement was prompted by Anko and Tsunade.
While I enjoy going on missions with my current team the Anbu will provide more freedom to roam the world and interact with the rest of the world. Especially after Tsunade takes charge of the Hokage position and gets to personally choose which missions I get sent to.

“It would be my honor Hokage-sama.”

“Good, continue your training for now. 
“Your public performance in the exams can be leveraged in the future so your presence in the Anbu will be kept scarce until further notice.”

By which Hiruzen means I might publicly visit a village as Yami and act as a spy once inside, so for my safety, as few people as possible will know of my position.
I should also take care not to reveal my spying prowess to other villages during the exams.

Hiruzen puts on a fake smile, mouth smiling but eyes crafty.

“You’ll be assigned another teacher. Anko has spoken of your… attractive qualities. This teacher is supposed to be in a relationship but rumors have surfaced that she’s a frequent customer of a less... proper kind of shop.”

Hiruzen hands over a folded paper. 
I open the paper, written inside is an address to the shop and the details and picture of a familiar red-eyed woman, Kurenai Yuhi.

“Besides being taught by her starting next week, you are to look into the rumors of this woman, and in the short time being taught, attempt to seduce and test her fidelity.”

Hiruzen you sly fox… This is not just about some random rumors, you either don’t approve of your son’s choice of girlfriend or at least want her tested.

“Understood Hokage-sama, I will do my best.”

“Thank you Yami-kun, needless to say, this mission must remain an absolute secret, you can consider it a final test if you wish before joining Anbu.”

“I’m honored by your trust.”

Later that evening.

An exhausted Anko lies in bed on top of Yami.

“Tell me Anko.”

“Hmm, do you really want me to spoil it for you?”

Anko is such a cheat code. She can tell me exactly what Yugao feels and likes, but at the same time, it does ruin the fun of getting to know a person and trying to figure them out.

I won’t be able to rely on Anko all the time so I don’t want to get accustomed to her when I have to seduce future targets, but something about Yugao and Kurenai I’m sure has Anko hand behind.

“At least tell me if I’m on the right track with Yugao.”

“You are, she’s hiding it well but all the blood is getting to her, you don’t need to chance anything.”

“And what did you do to Kurenai.”

Anko smiles.

“Wo..men… se…cret…s…”

So she does know something but isn’t going to tell me…

More punishment is in order.

76