Penalties 6
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello my readers, in past chapters I've miscounted the attributes 

The MC is 450 in strength resulting in 13 tons and 395 in speed which equals 261 mph.

I have already edited this in previous chapters.

............

[ Congratulations on killing the smaller monster + 30 XP ]

[ Extracting spoils... ]

[ Strength + 4.5 ]

[ Speed + 2.5 ]

"So this is a small monster..."

thought Alex, ceasing his movements and activating phantom movement, stepping out of the fog momentarily with Stephanie in his arms.

Soon he arrived near a small house, kicking open the door with a powerful kick and entering the room.

Leaving the stunned Stephanie on the floor, Alex found a fridge and easily lifted it off the ground, placing it in front of the door along with several pieces of furniture, after which he reinforced the defenses of the windows and other access points.

"It's finally all right, now let's get some rest and then we'll go and find David."

"Alex, right? Why are you doing this? Protecting David and me, even if you are a soldier, that's out of the ordinary..."

Stephanie replied, her mind very confused, looking more closely at the young man, she noticed that his clothes looked familiar, as if she had seen them somewhere.

And the fact that Alex launched arrow-shaped flames from the void, along with his strength and speed, made Stephanie confused about the identity and purpose of this mysterious man.

"Stephanie, I was actually sent to ensure the protection of your family, someone high up wants you alive!"

"Who places so much importance on us?"

"This is a confidential matter, just know that you and your family will be safe with me here."

Closing the subject calmly, Alex observed the strange mist through the gaps in the house, while he rested for a few minutes with the beautiful blonde.

Watching Stephanie approach him trembling, Alex realized that she was very afraid, the events having left a very strong trauma in her.

"Alex, what are these monsters?"

"I really don't know, I'm a traveler who was contacted by higher forces for this mission, but nothing has been reported."

Listening to Alex's words, Stephanie felt fear at the thought of the creatures. She moved closer and closer to the young man, as if his figure were a great protection that brought her comfort.

"Time to move on, we've had enough rest..."

Looking at the foggy street, Alex noticed that his map only showed numerous red dots, some smaller or larger, wandering around the city.

Holding Stephanie in his arms, Alex felt large soft objects settle on his body. Lowering his head, he realized that the blonde was hugging his torso tightly, hiding his head as his face turned red.

He glanced around briefly, feeling a small desire flare up in his clothes, but he put it aside and turned his focus to the mission, hurrying off to David who, unaware of his wife, was sniffing and vigorously embracing a young stranger.

Along the way, Alex encountered some small creatures that were easily eliminated with his flaming arrows.

[ Congratulations on killing scorpion beast XP +20 ]

[Congratulations on killing Ghost Spider XP +20 ]

[ Congratulations on killing Mutant Pterosaur XP +40 ]

[Congratulations on...]

[ Gathering spoils... ]

[ Strength +20.50 ]

[ Speed +12.20 ]

[ Endurance +45 ]

With the help of the map, he managed to dodge the larger red dots, quickly approaching the market David was in.

After a few minutes, he arrived in front of the market, which boasted a large network of glass windows, covered with various objects.

"Open the door, there's someone outside!"

"It must be a monster, how can anyone survive in the fog?"

"STEPHANIE! OPEN THE DOOR NOW, THAT'S MY WIFE!"

After David's shouts, the locals quickly opened the door, looking strangely at the young man carrying a blonde woman.

Looking at David's scowl, Alex let go of Stephanie on the floor, taking a few steps back and letting the family gather around crying and wailing.

Looking around, he noticed the religious fanatic who would put his mission in jeopardy, during which time he thought of several ways to kill this sick woman, but now was not the time.

"David? Pleased to meet you, my name is Alex. I'm in charge of ensuring your safety by order of the army superiors!"

Approaching the family gathering, Alex aborted David and notified him of his mission, receiving a sigh of relief from the man.

"Thanks for that, but where are your weapons?"

"You can check with your wife, she'll explain my situation."

Alex replied, looking at Stephanie, who understood the warning and quickly explained the events to David's stunned gaze, who didn't seem to believe his wife's words.

"You'll see my skills later, until then don't jump to conclusions."

"Excuse me officer, I'm Mrs. Carmelo, I listened to your conversation but I had some doubts. Aren't you going to protect all of us?"

Looking at the woman who approached, Alex gave her a mocking smile, he found it tiring to answer this fanatic, but he needed to eliminate the illusions of the people around him.

"Listen, everyone, my protection mission is for David's family only. Anyone who interferes with my interests will suffer a bad end."

"What do you mean? Aren't you in the army? You're supposed to help all of us!"

"Damn it, we're human like them, why are they above us?"

"Kid, you really talk too much, I want to see where you got that arrogance from!"

Looking at the angry crowd, Alex just sneered as he watched a market worker approach, he recognized him as one of Carmelo's fanatics.

The worker approached Alex, raising his hand to throw a slap, but his hand stalled in the air as his body was thrown ten meters into the air, exploding into tomato pulp as it hit the wall.

"My God! He's the devil!"

"HELP!!!"""

"Help me! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

In an instant, loud cries of despair rang out through the market, people ran wildly in fear of Alex who blasted a human being with one punch.

"Mr. David, I think it's best to get out of here, I need to ensure your safety but there are a lot of monsters and stupid people around, I noticed a large building next door, let's get settled."

"Okay..."

David replied, looking fearfully at Alex, but as the father of his family, he decided to follow this young man as it would be his only chance of survival.

After ransacking the market, Alex put all the products in his inventory, under the watchful eyes of everyone, fortunately no one intervened.

Leaving through the door, he avoided the larger monsters, encountering only a few giant insects and other miscellaneous monsters.

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at a huge building, easily entering the place and settling on one of the empty floors at the top of the tower.

After a few hours, Alex completely reinforced the exits, leaving various products and water for the family to eat, finally glancing at the penalty timer.

[ 00:01:25 Seconds for a medium or large monster to attack the David family. ]

[ 00:00:00 Random monster nearby... Large tentacle beast ]

1