Ch4: Spellcasting
276 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Azaroth’s eyes flashed as the balls of POD swirled and shot toward the Boss. 

His POD spell was the Destruction Combination created from the swirling of POD, It was easier to control with smaller balls of POD as the spinning motion was made quicker but with larger balls- It was hard.

This didn’t apply to the ‘Destruction Gauntlet’ which made the controlling of POD very easy. 

Each of the balls of POD spun, The move was inspired by the Rasengan from the Naruto World. Each time they spun, they gained more momentum.

‘Heh, Naruto would be so jealous right now,’ Azaroth thought.

It had taken the Main Character of Naruto which was Naruto himself a total of 10 episodes to completely master the Rasengan, and it took Minato 3 years to create and perfect it.

But for him, It was just a matter of 3 days since he had the concept of it down and POD was relatively easy to use if you had talent for it.

As the Destruction orbs rushed through the air and engraved into the body of the boss, Azaroth didn’t lay back and wait… He continued moving, his right fist brimming with POD.

“Divergent Fist!” He cried out as his fist landed on the face of the wolf, What happened first was the physical strike which did nothing to make the boss flinch… and then the lagging POD followed up, converging on a single spot and exploding the back of the Boss’s head.

The orbs of POD also drilled into the Boss’s body and exploded shortly after, leaving Azaroth slightly astounded by the power the Destruction Gauntlet brought about.

The boss’s body lay on the ground, it’s body had been destroyed beyond recognition but a Blue screen floated above it’s head, meaning that his efforts were not in vain.

[Congratulations on Beating The Bloodhound Boss]

[You have Leveled up!]

[You have Leveled up!]

[You have Leveled up!]

[Reward: 100 Gold]

Azaroth felt reality warp and distort around him as he found himself in the confines of his Bedroom once again.

On a regular note, The Monsters in the Dungeon were easy to deal with, once he equipped the Destruction Gauntlet, he was an unstoppable force of nature with his POD.

But alas, It didn’t help him reduce the strain on his Fatigue tab. 

‘This was really the first time my Fatigue has reached 64,’ Azaroth thought.

Even with the Gauntlet, he could get tired.

‘Besides I won’t use this Gauntlet when I enter the next Dungeon,’ Azaroth thought.

Sure it was nice to have an item which could help him control his POD easily but if he continued relying on such an item, He would not be different from Rias Gremory- Depending on other things to become strong wasn’t a proper excuse for anything.

RIas in the Anime was powerful yet she didn’t delve into the deepest paths of her own power, rather she focused more on her Peerage protecting her than anything else. This was why she lost the rating game against Riser Phenex despite being a powerful adversary.

Her POD didn’t do shit against the power of the Riser’s Pheonix Flames and that was not supposed to be so.

Azaroth didn’t plan to follow in her example though, He was going to become a powerful Devil and then start his own peerage with Grayfia by his side.

There were other people that he was going to try to add to his group too, but he would make sure to train all of them right. Though there were some specific people that he was planning to steal from Rias’s peerage.

One of them was Akeno Himejima, In the anime, She had been a fusion of Devil and Fallen Angel. Her control over magic was nothing short of extraordinary and amazing. It was breathtaking to think that a person existed with such magic control.

But alas it wasn’t worked on in the anime, Akeno was too busy thinking she was very strong to work on her unused potential.

Azaroth would make sure that he hijacked Akeno from Rias and harness her power to his side.

The second one was Koneko, She was a nekomatan and had very sturdy physical strength. Heck, She could compete with Rock Lee in physical strength in his base state.

‘Once that guy activates the gates, It’s a Knockout zone,’ Azaroth thought as he fell back on the bed, unequipping his gauntlet.

Azaroth took a little breath in, The trip to the dungeon hadn’t been for naught. He had learned how dungeons worked and not to mention he got a decent amount of Gold.

“Full Recovery,” Azaroth said, his entire body was suddenly covered by a golden aura and his fatigue and exhaustion vanished quickly. 

The small scratches on his face vanished as well as he stared at the ceiling. The healing stopped shortly after and Azaroth relaxed his muscles. There wasn’t too much stress now.

Suddenly a knock echoed on his door and Azaroth turned to it.

“Come in,” Azaroth said.

As he expected, the busty white haired babe entered, clad in her maid wear and looking as sexy as ever.

‘Luckily for me, Puberty hasn’t started yet,’ Azaroth thought.

“Ma- Azaroth, How are you doing?” Grayfia asked, “Do you want to do anything right now? It’s your vacation, remember,”

Noticing her slip-up, Azaroth sighed.

“I’m fine, and I don’t really feel like doing anything,” Azaroth said, “But reading a book or something-“

Something tore through the air, toward him at an amazing speed. Azaroth pushed his hand into the air and caught the object which was a Book…

“It’s a book on Magic,” Grayfia said, “With this; You can learn the basics of Spellcasting. It’s on you to decide what kind of spells you want to learn,”

Azaroth widened his eyes in surprise, Surely everyone had the kind of magic they specialized in. In DxD, Rias was known to only have POD magic but that didn’t mean he should limit his potential.

“Thank you Grayfia,” Azaroth said.

Although Grayfia had lost her worth to the Gremory family after Sirzechs passed away, Azaroth inwardly wanted to protect her.

#####

Spellcasting wasn’t hard to get through, With Grayfia’s guidance of course.

Azaroth had always wanted to use magic and now he was in a world where magic literally existed- and it felt amazing.

There are two major types of magic that exist in the world of DxD, The first one was Western magic which originates in Europe and Eastern magic which originates in Asia. Within both western and eastern magic, Multiple types of magic exist such as Norse magic, fairy magic and various different types of magic including God-tier magic.

The basic Spellcasting that existed in this beginner’s book was Barrier magic and Elemental manipulation.

Barrier magic involved the casting of barriers which can be used to defend against powerful magical attacks. Azaroth planned to use it as a veil though, to cover himself and his opponent so he could deal maximum damage to his opponent without having to worry about the world outside the veil.

Elemental manipulation dealt with the conversion of pure magical energy into elements like fire, ice and stuff like that.

There were various kind of chants to do this stuff but if someone like Rudeus can use magic without chanting then I can too!

-

Author’s Note:

Thanks for reading~

If you want to get more chapters ahead, head over to patreon.com/izana07 and immerse yourself in more of my content, Don’t forget to support me.

23