Ch6: The Boss Of The Dungeon
333 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were more monsters now, surrounding him like a wave. Azaroth had not seen this many monsters when he came to the dungeon the first time, All of these solidified the claims that it was a Tutorial he was going through the first time.

With each monster defeated, Azaroth felt his body being pushed to the limit. He would be able to handle monsters like these easily but they were too many of them, there was no way to easily deal with them.

#####

[You have Leveled up!]

Azaroth had seen this tab quite a few times before, yet the nostalgia remained. He was leveling up while fighting waves of monsters.

A Bloodhound rushed at him but he moved out of the way quickly, throwing a fireball at it’s head. The collision brought about an explosion of flames that wiped out five more monsters.

[You have Leveled up!]

A warm energy filled his body, Upon leveling up, His fatigue went back to 0 and he felt fully rejuvenated.

Azaroth set up multiple traps on the ground around the monsters, they each spreaded out and activated, their figures brimming with intense magical energy as explosive pillars of flames rose into the air, each decimating their opponents within their heat.

[You have Leveled up!]

[You have Leveled up!]

[You have Leveled up!]

The mechanical sound stopped abruptly, Azaroth couldn’t imagine why there were so many monsters in a dungeon but he didn’t have time to care as he slumped backward.

His guard was still up.

After he was done doing that, He stood back up and felt ready to scout ahead for the Boss room.

#####

As Azaroth had expected, there were no more monsters present in the dungeon. He was thankful that they had come at him all at once though, It would have been very stressful to go to every nook and cranny of the Dungeon just to search for monsters to kill.

His eyes flickered to the boss room, unlike the former dungeon, This one had big wooden doors.

Azaroth pushed at the doors and they parted with a little bit of effort, By now he had gotten the basic things he needed to know about D-grade Demonic dungeons down- 

The first thing one needed to know about D-grade dungeons were the fact that they only had two kinds of monsters in here, Bloodhounds and Goblins. Each of them were viable to be defeated by Fire magic.

Bloodhounds had especially terrible resistance to Fire spells, but had greater resistance to physical attacks. 

The second thing one needed to know was that in certain areas of the dungeon, Loot can be found. Yes, Azaroth regretted that he didn’t find out about this earlier. How was it fair that it was only now that he learned that he could collect Loot from the dungeon?

[Item: Loot Box]

[Grade: D]

[Description: A box that contains loot, there can be items or gold inside a Loot box]

[Open Loot Box (It can only be opened when you have beaten the Dungeon)]

Apparently it could only be opened when the Dungeon boss was defeated and he was back in the confines of his own world.

Azaroth also felt the need to stop comparing the System that he was used to in Solo Leveling to the one here, This was obviously given to him by a God that was not of this world and altered on.

As the gates of the Boss room slid open completely, Azaroth took a moment to observe the breathtaking display of golden crystals but was surprised him was that they could be sold to the System, each cost 3 Gold and Azaroth’s eyes widened.

‘I should be a bit greedy sometimes,’ Azaroth thought as he walked over to one of the Crystals, they were further apart than he expected but nevertheless before he met the Boss, He was going to get them.

A brilliant blue portal burst to life and sucked the crystal in with little effort, it was only then Azaroth noticed the glow of the room had dimmed a little.

‘These are the only things providing Light to the-‘

His Instincts flared, he needed to move!

Azaroth leapt to the right, just in time as a powerful burst of wind struck where he once stood, ripping the ground apart beneath it.

Azaroth locked eyes with the Boss, he had expected it to be like the Bloodhound Boss from the other dungeon but this one was obviously different.

‘GALE BEAST’

This Gale Beast resembled a Snake, coiled up with menancing eyes but behind those menancing misleading eyes were calm and calculating eyes.

[Skill: Murderous Intent has been used on the Host… Host has overcome the effect of the Murderous Intent Skill]

This was used once before by a Bloodhound on Azaroth, who decided to strategize and devise the perfect plan to avoid surrendering to the skill at all costs.

This led to Grayfia releasing her bloodlust while they fought, With Grayfia releasing her bloodlust every time they fought, he could easily get used to Murderous Intent.

Although when Grayfia used it against him, he could never overcome the effects and just had to keep pushing.

‘Grayfia’s Murderous Intent is greater than yours,’ Azaroth thought.

From how he looked at it, this boss did not have tough skin but rather an affinity for Wind magic. His prior experiences in the dungeon had taught him not to rush into things, The Boss might also have hidden cards up it’s… tail?

A Gremory magic circle burst to life around Azaroth’s right palm as it glimmered intensely.

Multiple scythes of fire erupted from his palm, heading straight to the Boss. 

This was the Fire Scythe spell, it was very similar to the Wind Scythe spell but it was once again different. Upon impact with the opponent, This spell had a chance to burn it’s opponent.

But the Gale Beast wouldn’t let him end the battle so easily, As the Scythes moved in to decapitate the beast, A whirlwind of wind surrounded it’s entire body. The impact was like a hurricane, the spells were pushed back and hit the ground, decorating it with slash marks but the Gale Beast couldn’t find the human who threw the scythes at it…

But a feeling of dread filled the air, A kind of magic that seemed to be distorting it’s own just by being created… The Power Of Destruction.

“Over here!” Azaroth shouted out from behind the Gale Beast.

He had already equipped the ‘Destruction Gauntlet’ and snapped his fingers, multiple orbs of POD enhanced by 20x surrounded him.

With a flick of Azaroth’s wrist, They shot toward the Gale beast and collided. A resounding explosion occurred through the boss room as ripples went through the air and some fragments of the ground rose under the intense force.

Azaroth pulled his arm back and waited for the smoke to clear, the destroyed form of the boss was clear in view, blood oozing from it’s disfigured form, damaged beyond recognition.

He unequipped the Destruction Gauntlet and sighed.

“Whenever I use this, It’s almost as if all excitement is taken out of the battle,” Azaroth muttered.

Although he could not have the same potency as Sirzechs Gremory, the Maou of all devils in POD… The Gauntlet multiplied the force of his current POD by a whole 20. 

20 might not sound like a big deal but it really is, now that his POD was rapidly growing in strength as he honed it… Rem could only stare at the intense destruction brought about by the effect of his own power.

[You have Leveled up]

[Boss ‘GALE BEAST’ has been defeated]

[You have been rewarded with ‘Skill: Murderous Intent’, You have been rewarded with ‘1x Loot Box]

[You will now be transported back to your Homeworld]

“Wai-“

-

Author’s Note:

And Azaroth didn’t get those crystals~ Quite sad, Isn’t it?

Anyway, Azaroth’s relationship is rapidly improving with Grayfia although the Reincarnator is not ready to work on his relationship with Rias Gremory yet.

If you want to immerse yourself in more chapters of my fic, head over to patreon.com/izana07 to support me, I’d appreciate it.

17