Chapter 8: No fear, no Ben, As far as standing before love
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the streets of London, police and ambulances gathered at the scene. Some investigated, others transported and treated the injured. Many Clerics, Druids, and Paladins were there to take care of the casualties. The Druids are wearing fur jewelry, and the Cleric and Paladin are wearing metal armor to be ready to fight whenever needed.

“The church was unable to revive him… nor the victims of that Monster.”
“What reason…”

A bearded Dwarf man in a police uniform was frowning and watching. Next to him was Allan, who had no armor left, and his injuries had been completely treated by medical staff.

“…Could it be that the gods have abandoned him?” Allan was shocked to hear the policeman's condition. ”… Uncle Reg too…”
“No, he was once revived again after protecting a child from a traffic accident. And Mr Regnall is a friendly gentleman and father to many children.” The Dwarf police officer patted Allan's shoulder. “God has always given us the chance to live on, we can't blame him. There must be some obscurity.”

“Can the dead be resurrected?” Yona was curious about that strange thing.
“Normally it is possible.” The police officer looked at the girl who was a head taller than him and then looked at the medical staff. ”Many people have fallen, and those devoted to the will of Gruumsh have helped them return. But this time maybe it won't be like that..."
“…” Yona lowered her head, her shoulders shaking and tears streaming down her face.

“…If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have lost his life so unjustly…” Allan closed his eyes, his lips pressed together in torment. His heart tightened when he saw that he was the fault for this incident.
“Don't blame yourself, he fulfilled his responsibility as a police officer, and that deserves respect. Alternatively, it could be that whoever gave the criminal his powers was a powerful Spellcaster, or indeed a god. It is that person who deserves to be punished!” A small smile full of sympathy appeared on the serious face of the short Dwarf police officer, his hand patting Allan's back. “And thank you for mourning my subordinate.”

“ALLAN, YONA!” Elina hurriedly ran back to the two cousins. She put her hands on her knees and panted after running a short distance.
“Mama!” Yona exclaimed with joy, no different from a child meeting her parents after a long day.
“Mom is okay, what about you two?” The silver-haired female doctor looked at both of them with worry on her face.
“Ah…” Allan was startled when he saw that, his expression was confused and he smiled awkwardly.” I-it's okay, me and Yona just happened to pass by."
“Eh?” Yona widened her eyes and looked at her brother in confusion.
“Is that so…” Elina took a moment to regain her breath, she hugged them both by their necks, she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Allan and Yona safe and sound. "How lucky... hearing that a Monster attacked this area made me scared... It's good that both of you are safe..."

“Mr. Allan…” Yona gently pushed Elina away and shook her head. It's not what he said, mama!”
“What do you mean?” Elina blinked a few times when she heard that.
“Y-Yona!” Allan wanted to object, but couldn't think of what to say.
“The monster attacked Allan, we fought together and defeated it.” The robot girl corrected the incident with sad eyes. ”And Mr. Allan… was injured a lot…”
“…Why do you say something different?”
The female doctor looked at Allan in a confused way. The brown haired boy didn't know what to say but covered his face in silence. It seemed that Allan had planned to hide it, just because he didn't want anyone to be more upset because of him.

“…I don't know what happened, but if it makes you uncomfortable, don't keep it to yourself.” Elina placed her hands on Allan's shoulders, her voice gentle as if to soothe the pain behind that boy's eyes. ”We are already family, let me help you in any way I can.”
“…” Hearing this, his throat became choked, his eyes blurred with tears, and then his crying became audible. "...It's because of me... it's because of me that Uncle Reg and the police officer were harmed by the Monster!"
“Come on…” Elina let Allan's face rest on her shoulder, she hugged him and comforted him.
“Don't worry, Allan, me and mama won't leave you behind!”

Yona hugged Allan's broad back and comforted him. The warmth of the robot girl and Elina was like warm sunlight dispelling the coldness in Allan's heart. Allan's broken heart was mended little by little thanks to their friendship. Even if it is healed, it will always be a scar - a loss that will never fade.

“Well, your place was destroyed quite a bit, let us find a place to stay for the night. Construction staff will rearrange the apartment and this place.” After waiting for a while for Allan's family to calm down, the Dwarf police officer stepped forward and offered. In his hand were three cans of soft drink.
“Thank you for your kindness, police officer.” Elina smiled as she received the can of water.
“I just did my duty. It's the least I can do for the two young heroes.” The policeman smiled sympathetically as he handed the cans of water to the Allan siblings.

“It would be nice if no one had to lose their life because of that bad guy…” Yona took it and stared at the can with a bit of sadness.
“Don't regret what can't be changed, baby.” The Dwarf police officer grinned. He raised his biceps and flexed them, his muscles bulging, making his sleeves seem to stick to his arms. “Look at the present, to prepare and look forward to tomorrow!”
“Y-yes, I understand!” Yona replied hesitantly for a moment. The policeman's inspiring words and strange, somewhat threatening actions were both convincing, but also made the robot girl quite confused.

“…I'm not familiar with Hunter or Guardian.” Receiving the can of water, Allan opened it and spoke with dry eyes, fire shining in his pupils. “So, please help me use all of this power to protect as many people as possible!”
“…So you have made up your mind?” The Dwarf policeman stopped laughing, he looked into Allan's eyes as if looking at a glowing torch.
“It's not something that should be chosen on the spur of the moment. It's better to rest and take time to calm down." Elina put her hand on Allan's shoulder. She couldn't help but worry about the stability of his thoughts right now.

“Please don't worry too much, Elina.” Allan touched Elina's delicate hand and nodded slightly in response. “This is something I've wanted for a long time, it's just… this is the best time.”
"... It was okay? You will face many dangers like this time!” Yona walked over and grabbed Allan's hand holding the water can.
“…The police officer tried to protect your safety until the very end.” The boy opened the can, his eyes fell asleep, he took a deep breath and told his secret thoughts. “In addition, I want to inherit the courage that a benefactor once saved me, as well as help with the unfinished task that now that brave police officer cannot. Because with great power comes great responsibility!”

"I got it." The Dwarf police officer nodded and smiled slightly, then handed over a piece of paper with a phone number written on it. ”Get a good rest tonight, tomorrow will be a long day for you, the one who will become Guardian.”
"Yes!"

Allan took the paper, with a determined smile. There may be many hardships and challenges ahead, but Allan knows that he is not alone. Elina and Yona are always by his side, ready to support him and move forward with him. They are a solid fulcrum for Allan to overcome the rough waves.

--- At the same time, in the Astral Plane---

The endless night sky is adorned with stars of all shapes and sizes. They create a huge abstract picture in the vast black space. Under that sky, a lonely gray barren land, an Orc man was standing there. He wore iron armor as black as the surrounding space, but the single eye on his face, looking up at the sky, was as bright as a star.

 

Crack

“Sigh…”

That Orc sighed as a crack appeared in the sky like glass. His only eye lit up, reconnecting the broken parts, and then the starry sky was whole again. Even so, large and small cracks kept appearing everywhere, making him tired. Not the body, but the spirit.

“You've been here for a month, L- ah, Gruumsh.”

A masked woman with a tight black cloak walked over. Although her voice was muffled by a mask, it could not hide her gentleness. Underneath the black hood, there was a bit of hair as white as the snow of the north.

“You are now Gruumsh One Eye, protector of this world. And this is your responsibility.” Gruumsh looked up at the sky, his eyes unable to hide his anxiety. "The layers that protect reality keep cracking, it's so fast and numerous that even the clones can't handle it."
“It seems I was right to come here to visit you.”

The woman's voice was softer, she took out a jade blue ocarina flute. The mouth of the mask opens, allowing her to blow the melody into the flute, creating vitality for the lonely space. A piece of music in the silent atmosphere seemed to bring color like a sky filled with stars.

“I have to bother you again…” Gruumsh sighed, but a small smile appeared on his chubby face.
“Since we're a family, it's natural to help each other.” The girl smiled warmly in response, her eyes hidden behind the mask she directed towards the Orc man lovingly. "My love for you is as great as an angel loving God. I can't be cruel enough to leave you alone."

“…Thank you, my love.”

The black-armored man walked back, gently hugging his wife. Her presence dispelled all the stress and burden on those strong shoulders. With her by his side, Gruumsh saw the originally dark and cold Astral Plane space become filled with light and warmth. She is the one who can bring him peace.

“Now, have you thought of the cause and method for the problem?” After a while of hugging each other, the girl began to speak.
“It will take a lot of Raw Magic to keep these barriers from crumbling. And the person who caused it is also not normal.” Gruumsh looked up at the starry sky, his eyes clearly seeing each crack. "I intend to find and destroy the person who is plotting to threaten this world, the world that Cosmo, Albus, and Alex have entrusted to me."
“Be careful, people who can do that are not simple people.” The girl played the flute for a while, and rocks appeared in the middle of nothingness. They flew into the sky and reconnected the cracks in the barrier membrane. ”It would be better if we discussed with everyone and made a meticulous plan.”

“…You're right.” Gruumsh nodded, his pupils flashing, his voice becoming more determined. “After two decades of peace, it is time to convene Sabata and the Vengeance League!”
“It's been a while since our family joined forces for a big problem, right?” The girl looked up at the stars, clasped her hands together and whispered a prayer. “May Albus and Alex follow our upcoming journey.”

--- The next day, at Joker's house, Noble Park, Australia---

“Jokeeer ~♪.”

The clear voice rang out, causing Joker to stand stunned in front of the door. His eyes focused sharply on the strange girl. Brown hair flowing past her shoulders, animal ears flapping on her head, and a dog tail wagging behind her back - the characteristics of a Beastfolk. But all in all, the striking white tattoos etched on the skin of her neck and shoulders drew Joker's attention even more.

"Are you free later?" That girl smiled so brightly. Joker narrowed his eyes, his finger pointed at the opponent, waiting to fire.
“Who are you?” Three short words with sharp eyes. His hunting instincts were heightened by the appearance of this stranger.

0