Awakening and Hope
46 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nyx was still walking towards a building which he now knows is the Adventurer Guild. He was still amazed at the wyvern he had seen a moment ago. He would choose the Summoner and have so many creatures like that. His mom will love seeing the stream with the creatures he will summon. "Well lad, let me lead you to the awakening room. The guild leader will be there. She wants to keep factions from tempting or ruling you. The Adventurer Guild is Neutral with all Factions. The founders of each faction were from the Adventurer Guild. So, they have no power here.”

He nodded at all the information. The feedback was very helpful and matched what the beta testers had said. The Guild was his best bet to stay neutral. He could see about the mage guild later. Jake and Nyx walked inside the Guildhall. Lots of people were walking around. Many people on the bottom floor are eating and drinking. They are having a good time. On the top floor, you can see a giant board. Many people are looking at papers on it.

There were a lot of people that reminded him of his first world a lot. The magic in this game seemed casual. Nyx and Jake walked up to the front desk. A woman with brown hair and glasses was behind it. "Hey there Jess. I have a code Gold for the Guildmaster and a Newbie here wanting to sign up." She looked at him and then made a small ball of wind. She whispered to it and sent it towards a room behind the desk.

“Thanks, Jake I can take it from here. The Guild Master should be on her way soon. Hello, Sir. I am Jessica Willaims. I help you accept quests and answer simple questions and problems. "The Guild Master will be coming here soon for the Awakening. Please follow me.” He nodded as Jess led him into a room behind the desk. It had a complex chalk drawing and an orb in the middle.

He looked at the complex drawing on the floor. He followed Jess to a chair on the side of the room. "You can sit, sir, until the guild master arrives. She should finish any meeting in a minute. Then, they can guide you through the process of Awakening." Also, sorry I forgot to ask for your name and information. But, we usually have that after the awakening. If you have questions after, please come back to my desk.”

He nodded as she walked away and left him in the room. She seemed to be a very busy woman so he had taken a seat and waited for the Guild Master to come in. He did not know much about the Awakening process except for general information. You can't even stream said Awakening. You need the status to stream. But, he wanted it this way. It excited him to see what was next. He felt like a kid in a candy store, always excited and smiling.

As he thought about the possibilities, he saw a beautiful woman with red hair and eyes. She walked in with people in mage robes. She adorned herself with a fancy white dress. It accentuated her curves and made her look very young, possibly in her 20s. She had a hardened look about her.”Greetings Traveler I welcome you to our world. I am sure you have a lot of questions. My name is Ashley Ember and I am the Guild Leader of the branch in this town.”

Nyx and Ashely shook hands as she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, Miss Ashley. My name is Nyx. I want to join your guild and awaken to gain power in this world. I need it to defend myself and get stronger." She nodded as she took in the information. "Well Nyx, the awakening ritual is simple. You stand in the circle and touch the orb. The gods decide your fate."”

He nodded and walked towards the orb in the middle of the ritual circle. This could decide his fate on how he plays the games. He was angry to hear about gods again. But, he decided to let go. This world is not real, nor is it like his last life. The mages around the circle began to chant. Blue energy started to rise and form what looked like a barrier around him. The energy swirled around him like a tornado. It glowed brighter until all he could see was white.

“Interesting”

“A New Traveler”

“This one has a lot of potential”

“He looks handsome”

“So much anger and potential of Darkness”

“The Light touches him so much it hurts”

“He had seen Death and accepted it with open arms”

“He has so much Life as well and strives for it as well”

""""What do you wish to be little one…..”””"

He was in a white void. It looked endless. Above him were bright lights. They were many different colours. There were outlines of their figures but he could not make them out. Then he realized he saw these colours when he first arrived at the game. These were the gods of the game, the beings that made this world and shaped it to their will.”I…. I don’t know what I wish to be. But I want companions to be with me on my journey.... I have lost so much..... Yet, I wish to gain a lot more. I…”

A memory in his mind played out. He was standing in front of Luna as she was drinking tea.”Hey Luna I wanted to ask why don’t you like being a noble. You always seem to resent your family and the crown. But, you always strive to protect them even though you don’t hate them. Why?”She put down her tea and giggled and then laughed.

“Nyx I hate being a noble because it is a chain towards a duty and a fate. But, as a child growing up, I always hoped to change my fate. I want endless freedom and adventurers like the heroes of old. The heroes of legend usually never had noble blood but they had something more…. They had the flame of hope and the drive to continue on!”

“I WANT THE FLAME OF HOPE  AND THE DRIVE TO CONTINUE ON SO I CAN NEVER FALL IN DESPAIR AGAIN!”

The plane of the white void rumbled as he spoke his true desire. The gods stilled as they saw something above them. It was a brilliant golden light. It started as a spark. Then, another formed. Until there were thousands of them, like stars in the sky. He felt free and warm as he looked at them. He felt like all the burdens of his first life were gone. He had a goal to strive for even though he lost everything.

“Wow”

“So much hope like him”

“The Light reaches for you little one to help you in your dream”

“The Darkness will bow for your dream as well”

“The Fire will guide you to your way”

“The Water Will let you travel towards your way”

“The Earth beneath you will let you stand against the despair”

“The Air will give you the push you need to feed the flame of hope”

“Life will always be with you even after your time is up”

“Death will welcome you and let you start anew when your time is up”

“The Beasts of Old will be your friends. We hear your call for our souls. Not for slavery but for Friendship. You will build a bond to help you against despair and your body will take shape”

“We the Gods will witness this new hope and help them on their way”

“Welcome Summoner to the fold. The Light, The Darkness, and The Beast will offer you their blessing and you must choose. Goodbye, little flame for now….”

As the gods spoke around him he saw energy matching their elements come close to him. They surrounded him. He saw a flame symbol connected to a gate. In another flash of light, he was back in the room with the guild master and the mages. They looked at him with surprise. They saw the symbol he saw in that void on his hand. It glowed with golden light, then dimmed.

“Well, it looks like the gods have blessed you, Mr Nyx. Welcome to the world, blessed summoner. May your path be full of wonder and endless adventure.”

Hello, people of the internet are welcome to my book Twilight online. The past two books are in Hiatus due to not planning enough but they will be back and improved and edited and reworked.

Now if you want to be 2 chapters ahead my patreon is patreon.com/ZeroMoringstar.

Also if you just wish to support me and join the community then the discord is 

https://discord.gg/8MKhqbtGxt

Anyway leave a comment and enjoy the story I am writing for fun but any support would be helpful so thank you. I am a novice but I am trying my best. I will be trying to get better as I go.

4