1.1 : The day a killer got summoned and left her family behind
124 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is a quite popular saying that 'one small change can lead to a very large difference in the future'...also known as the butterfly effect. Sometimes, I wonder, if that day....that unlucky day when I got summoned by a shitty god to partake in some amusement game created by his fellow gods, was the small change that became the catalyst....starting a chain reaction, which no one was able to stop.

Probably, many did try but luckily or should I say, unfortunately, no one succeeded to stop the reaction.

The reaction grew and grew and grew and grew!! until it finally stopped. The precise stopping time of the reaction would be ten minutes and 32 seconds in the past.

But it has already done its work, wreaking havoc and turning this Earth....which I remembered as a beautiful planet, filled with gorgeous green plains, shimmering rivers, calming sky....into a planet I can no longer recognize.

The gorgeous green plains now littered with human bodies. The shimmering rivers are still flowing, except instead of blue water it's dark red blood. The calming skies raging with thunder and black clouds...the chain reaction really did bring apocalypse upon this beautiful planet, ah! sorry, I mean, used to be a beautiful planet.

Seeing all this...I cannot help but sigh and look at the culprits of this chain reaction.

One clinging to my left side, the second one to my right side and the third one kneeling down in front of me.

"Haaaahhhhhhh... how did this happen?" is the first thing I say to them, my face totally lost and exhausted.

"Bwah! HA! aha! Fmmmm, M-MOTHER!! Wahhhhh!! aha, aha! WHERE DID YOU GO!!?? WHY DID YOU SUDDENLY DISSAPERAR??!! Bwaaaaahhhh, ha, uaaa!!"

yes, that's right. All three culprits are my children. The one on the left bawling quite loudly as she pushes her throat to the max strength is my daughter Lily. She has grown so big, I barely even recognize her anymore, but her crying is still the same and the pigtail hair I recommended her is still the same.

"Hn! fmm, ha, ha, welcome... hnh! hnh! back mother" this one on the right who's trying her best to keep her tears inside is also my daughter Emerald. She still looks quite similar, though her height has increased a bit. She also still has the same Bob cut haircut.

"..."

as for the last one who's silent and just kneeling down is my son Leon. He has also changed quite a lot, though he doesn't speak still his intentions get through. It seems like he's the only one who has changed his hairstyle...but I guess this one suits him more.

I look up straight once more, from top of this hill, looking at the sorry state this earth has become because of my children. I see a few people stealing stuff from the dismembered dead corpses and quite nostalgically think about the day this chain reaction probably began.

I still feel like it was just yesterday...even though it has already been 23 years since I finally got to see my lovely Children who are unfortunately no longer innocent. For them, only 5 years have passed. I really am quite shocked at how they turned earth into literal hell in only 5 years, I should be impressed...right?

"C'mon you three. Mother has returned after a very long time, take me home. It hasn't been destroyed, right?" I really hope it's not, I spent a lot of money and time into building that mansion.

"No, mother. All of your treasures are very safe" now he speaks, still calm as ever

"Well...Let's go then. It seems like we have a LOT...and I mean a LOT of things to catch up on"

Yes, I need to know everything. It's crucial for me to know, how!? It's important for me to know as a mother, how did my children become the doom of this planet. Also, throw a little bit of my time in the other world too you know, they deserve to know what their awesome mother has done in these past years.

.

.

.

It was 23rd March of 2020. The sky was covered with light clouds, sun rays trying to reach the surface through the tiny gaps between the clouds. The summer was about to come and I was sitting on the bench at the park. It was not for jogging or anything like that, I have a personal park behind my mansion...so why the hell was I there?

To put it simply, it's a killing contract.

The target just walked past me a few minutes ago, from what I gathered, it would take him roughly 20 minutes before he will pass by me again.

It was a much simple contract compared to the countless I have taken, there should have been no problem and to the end, there were no problems.

It was quite a smooth job. The target wasn't anyone special, it was a simple Man...though an abusive one. He would abuse his wife and son during the night, really just a normal stressful person, but it seems like he pushed the boundaries a bit too far and finally pushed the wife beyond her limit.

The feeling of revenge and hatred took over the wife's reasoning and she called us to help. Usually, I don't pay heed to the small contracts like these, I mean, I don't want every abused person to just call us and ask us to kill the target of their hatred but this one turned out to be a little special.

It turns out that the abused mother was my childhood neighbour from the slums. So I just had to help her, I mean how can I ignore the call of my used to be neighbour and potential childhood friend.

and so, here we are. It will most likely take him five more minutes to pass by here.

and that's how much it took, he again passed by me.

Now another 20 minutes.

hmm? why didn't I do anything? well, I was waiting for him to go to the washroom of the toilet. According to the observations I made in the past few days, he always goes to the washroom a few meters away from me after walking for a long time.

and that's what he did that day too.

"*clap* *clap*"

the moment he went to the washroom, I clapped twice and two men came from behind a tree. Both wearing worker uniforms and placed the 'currently off-limit' sign outside the washroom.

It was time for me to stop enjoying nature and get back to work. I remember, the feeling of sadness and sorrow I felt while getting up from that comfortable bench but work was work.

I gave my approval and thumbs up to my two workers, walked past them and into the men's washroom which was now off-limits. The two workers bowed to show their respects and I nodded to appreciate their work.

It wasn't my first time seeing a men's washroom. I had seen my fair share of men's washroom and this one had to be given 4/10. It could have been worse but at least the walls are not decorated with piss.

I walked to the only closed cubical and stood outside. The man was inside and I waited for him to flush.

...

...

"Gghrsssssghs" the sound came, signifying that he finished his business and also that it was time for me to start mine.

I raised my right leg, gripped the left leg on the dirty floor. I applied a little force to my muscles and kicked the door open.

"*THUNK!*" "Huh! Ahhhhh! who are you! what's a freaking woman doing here!! get out! get out! you dirty whor—mmmggg!!mmmmm!!hnnn!!"

AAaaahhhh, men really are quick to call a woman out of their reach, a 'whore'. This self-dignity is a dangerous thing I tell you. But as I was saying, the door kicked open inside and slammed the door. The cubicles were big so he wasn't hurt, the moment he saw me, a bunch of nuisance came out of his mouth, his ego got hurt, almost called me a whore to protect his fragile ego but I taped his talkative mouth quickly.

There were grunting noises coming from him but let's ignore that.

Before killing my target, there's always this one thing that I like to do. It's called the game of truth, let's see how this game works with this guy.

"I will ask a few questions, answer with yes and no. Shake head vertically for yes and horizontally for no. Simple right?!"

"mmmmgghh!!!  gghhhh!"

but, of course, he wasn't listening. Anger had got through his brain, being played by a woman like this probably damaged his ego. Many of them are always like this, they just don't listen, so often times I need to take some measure you can say to make them play my game.

Now, what measure did I take for this guy? I can't quite remember. Now, cmon, remember, remember, I think I cut...no, maybe burn..hmm, not burning... the medicine was also no...uhhhh...AH! I remembered! Jeez, how did I forget this one? It was quite good, let me tell you, hahaha

I took out my trusty knife from the backpack and started writing on his forehead.

At first, he was angry, mad, furious at being tapped by a woman but the change of expressions after that was quite fun. The first change was probably when he saw me taking my cutesy knife out, why cute? it has a light pink grip with cute bunnies drawn on it, and why bunnies? because I love them, I mean how can you not love such adorable furballs of cuteness.

But back to the less interesting topic than bunnies, the change in expression was from angry, rowdy into an uncertain, confused and doubtful one. He was probably thinking the right thing but didn't wanna accept it, so I had to make him accept it.

The tip of the bunny knife touched the top left of his forehead, the moment the tip made contact with the skin, blood started coming out. Bunny really was a sharp one, haahhh, how much I miss him. The blood flowed up to his eyelids and few drops dropped on his naked thighs. His eyes clearly seeing his own blood dripping down his eyelids.

His next course of action should have been to violently shake his body, he also probably wanted to but couldn't. Why? well, there's an extreme muscle relaxant gas in this washroom. This gas makes the muscle so relaxed that he can't move them even if he desperately wanted to but he will still feel pain. Why it doesn't affect me? Of course, I have a mask filter on. Then how he knows that I'm a woman if the mask is covering my face? it's because of my frilly long dress and such a mature and sexy voice.

Realizing why I have a mask on and why he can't move his muscle, the expression changed again. It went into a fearful, scared and horrid one.

But I can't stop here, I have to complete the game after all.

I moved the knife on his forehead with a very little force and with small cursive letters wrote the word 'Abusive Dad'.

'Abusive' on top and 'Dad' below it. As expected, tons of blood flowed out, his face was covered with his own red blood, several streams of blood on his shirt which flowed from the forehead and went along his thighs and onto the floor. It really did look like a shimmering river.

Of course, there was no end to his screams. Being able to only scream, not able to move his body and seeing someone draw on his forehead was most likely what broke him.

The game got halfway over, now it was time to enter the finishing parts of the game.

I removed the tape from his mouth and a lot, I mean a lot of drool came running out of his mouth. It was quite funny, I think I laughed too, it was really bad manners from me.

The look of absolute despair on his face, feeling of complete hopelessness, helplessness and ability to do nothing but suffer was what I was looking for.

"So, Mr. Jack. How does it feel to be in the same shoe as your wife and son?"

His eyes wide opened, probably realizing why he was being tortured.

"Mr. Jack. I know it's unfair, you just beat them, play questionable sadistic games with them and in return, you have to suffer something much worse"

His lips start quivering, tears falling from his red eyes.

"Mr. Jack is this what you did to your son?"

I took a nail cutter out from the same backpack, seeing which he realized what I was going to do. After all, now I wasn't going to exaggerate like before, it wasn't necessary anymore, I was just going to do the exact same things he did to his family, no less, no more.

"no....No...No..NO!NO!NO!NO! SORRY!AHHHHHH!FORGVE!!!PHORGIB!!NOOOOOOOOOO!GHAAAA!STOP!STOP!STOP!STOP!"

It isn't what you are thinking, the nail cutter was not used to cut his nails. His entire body was being pinched by the nail cutter. A small amount of flesh going forcefully into the space inside the cutter, getting pinched so hard that marks get left behind...it was quite an appropriate scream. The same was for his son, but Mr. Jack didn't mind so I also didn't mind.

"Mr. Jack do you want more? you did things like this to your son. You probably enjoy doing it to your son, but I can't blame you, after all, I'm doing the same to you. But you know Mr. Jack, if you inflict pain, then you must also be prepared to experience it"

"Sorry.....Sorry...sunny....I.....sorry..." said the man with a deep regretful voice, his sorry excuse of a voice showing the regret in his heart. His self-loathing voice showing the inner fight he's having with his sins.

"Why did you abuse them? was it for fun and plays?" there's nothing wrong if that's the case

"..."

"C'mon tell me, you are going to die anyways in just a few minutes. So better confess and feel a little light for a bit" it was time to see if the whole game paid off and luckily it did. He got persuaded easily, then he confessed everything.

The wife became pregnant before age, quite a common story in slums. Due to culture, the man was forced to marry her and look after them but unfortunately, he was an ambitious man. He wanted to achieve something in life, but got tied down by family matters and couldn't do anything.

And just like usual, his frustration got the best of him and he took his frustration out on the wife and child who killed his ambitions. But when did the venting of frustration became pleasure...he also doesn't know.

These types of stories are quite common if you go into less developed parts of the country...but well, what can I do. My job is to complete killing contracts, not to make this world a better place.

I could have also done the cigarette play he did with his wife but there was no need for that. He had already realized his mistakes and regrets them, so it was time to finish it...but that was a lie, though just a little...the actual reason being that I was in a hurry. There was a very important and crucial thing to do in the next hour. I would have gladly taken my life if I missed it but fortunately, I didn't.

I quickly finished the job, cleaned my hands, changed into a fresh set of gothic style black dress and moved out of the washroom. The two workers were, of course, keeping a watch outside. I took off the mask and handed it to them, told them to take care of things inside, thanked them for their hard work and with quick steps ran to my car and drove off to my urgent location.

.......

.....

..

*Outside the Washroom*

Two people dressed in work clothes were standing outside the washroom as if keeping a lookout. The 'off-limits' sign in front of them. After a wait of roughly 15 minutes, a pink-haired woman in the black gothic dress came out of the men's washroom. No matter how one saw it, it was really a strange occurrence but the two men didn't find it strange and bowed to the woman.

They took her orders and went inside.

"Senior Williams, how do we get rid of the gas?" asked the shorter one of the two. Their faces were difficult to see because of the mask.

"It will naturally become neutral and harmless after 30 minutes" replied the senior of the man in a heavy, burly voice

"But Senior, this gas is really too good. Who developed such a tool?" curiosity taking over his thoughts

"Well, you just joined a week ago so it's natural you don't know. It's made by Lady Melissa herself" a clear admiration and respect coming from his voice

"WOOooowww, Lady Boss is really the top killer. I hope I can come at least close to boss's level" his voice resolute to improve himself

"Yeah, yeah, you can try. Everyone wants to catch up to Lady's skills but you better not" warned the burly man with a worried tone

"huh? why? is senior jealous, eh? eh? eh? AAAAHHHH!" he suddenly screamed while walking close to the cubical.

"See? this is what I meant" said the senior as he was already somewhat used to the scene before him

The cubical walls were covered with nothing but blood. The man's head not to be seen where it should be, instead a windpipe being exposed to the air with a little bit of blood still spurting out of the chopped area.

Looking a bit down, Junior saw the head. The expression on its face of someone who has seen a pure manifestation of cruelty with the words 'Abusive Dad' written on his forehead. He probably died of shock before his head even got chopped off.

"Si-si-sir...is..this the Bo-b..Boss's doing..." the junior not wanting to believe that something so gruesome could be done.

"Well, get used to it and take it as a lesson to not get on the Lady's bad side. Also, put the head in a bag, we need to show it to the client as a proof" the burly man giving his genuine advice

"Y-yes....by the way...why was Boss in such a hurry?" his voice low, as he doesn't know if the rookie like him has the right to ask about his Boss's schedule.

"Well, despite the cruelty, Lady also has a very soft side. Lady went to the school"

"huh? school? t-to...kill the next contra—OUCH!" junior got smacked before he could finish the words

"You Dumbo!! Lady went for the PTM of her daughters" his manly voice filled with nothing but warmth.

Hello! just wanted to write something that I don't see much on. Let's hope this goes well and not become a ruin. Please comment and fav, or just tell if you enjoyed reading it.

Thanks and let's hope this new journey goes well!

p.s: Aiming for one chapter per day, so we will see if that works

2