Ch.1 – Legend Reawakened
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a small port village off the coast of the eastern continent, where the coastal temperatures were always warm and it rained almost every other day, the workers in the mines slaved away digging up the precious minerals that the nearby mountain range held deep within. 

Almost 300 meters beneath the surface one of the many teams of miners were hard at work as the mined tirelessly their pickaxes chipping at the Mana infused stones with haste to meet their quota. 

One of the miners, a muscular man with a large beard and a helmet with a glowing stone on it for a flashlight looked puzzled when his pickaxe broke against a layer of pitch black stone as he called out, "We got some more of that black stone over here, we need the mythril drill!".

He got no response save for another man bringing over a large drill made of a green metal and as the man turned it one he drilled through the black stone slowly. It took hours but the man believed it'd be work it as when black stone is found it usually holds high value minerals for the taking hence the smile on his face as he sweat bullets in the mines.

A few minutes later he finally cracked through the black stone as a silver light burst through the seems.

"Woah, I think I've struck a gold mine!" The man said unaware of what he's just done.

{-------------------------------------------------------}

Sitting within a white void was a man, his long silver hair stopping at his back and his eyes glowing a faint silver. His chestnut brown skin reflected no light despite seemingly being in a realm made of light. His body was covered in a high-tech suit with arcane symbols in an ancient language forgotten to time.

Behind the man a figure made of black mist formed beside him it's eyes glowing red as it looked at the man and spoke, "Gabriel it is almost time for you to awaken..." 

"I know, you didn't have to tell me" The man or Gabriel spoke in a cold tone as the figure floated in front of him.

"Then you know what you must do correct?" The figure said cupping Gabriel's face and lifting it to face it.

"I do my love.... I have been waiting 10,000 years after all, it'd be a shame if I forgot so swiftly..." Gabriel said as the figure chuckled.

"I suppose your right dear... your power has falled considerably after your last bout, so be careful of those filthy deities" the figure of black mist said pressing it's forehead against Gabriel's.

"I'm aware love, but why won't you return with me?" Gabriel asked as the figure backed away still holding Gabriel's face gently.

"You know I can't do that just yet, I'm across the world from you and I'm nowhere near as strong as you are even now. They'd probably kill me off immediately and we know how you'd react to that" the figure said as Gabriel chuckled.

"Right you are..." Gabriel stood from his seated position as he stood taller than the figure.

"It seems our time is up" the figure said as Gabriel nodded.

"I'll free you as soon as possible, Sorin and then we'll kill the Gods!" Gabriel said as Sorin kissed his cheek and faded away as a portal of swirling silver light formed within the white plane and Gabriel walked into it.

{-------------------------------------------------------}

Suddenly from the crack an arm shot out grabbing the bearded man by the throat and breaking his neck as if on instinct as suddenly Gabriel sat up easily breaking through the black stone around him. 

Slowly Gabriel opened his eyes looking around the mineshaft as he freed himself and stood dusting himself off and dropping the dead man with an apathetic expression on his face.

Taking some time to stretch Gabriel began walking through the mineshafts as if he already knew where to go as all the mine workers looked at him with faces of confusion. 

"Hey you can't be here!" a guard stationed at the mines said placing a hand in Gabriel's shoulder as Gabriel looked over to him.

"Remove your filthy hands from me..." Gabriel said as the guard laughed.

"Listen pal this is the territory of Duke Winterhold and as a member of his guardsmen I can do as I please within this territory should he permit it. What I'm trying to say here is I do as I fucking please pesant!" the guard says tightening his grip.

Gabriel doesn't even spare the man another word before he grabs the man's head and crushes it with one hand before dropping his headless body in the ground.

"Pathetic" Gabriel mumbles walking away as the miners run away having witnessed a murder.

Gabriel ignores them as a silver energy envelopes him and he starts lifting off the ground but before he can fly off the energy flickers and disappears as he falls back to the ground.

" *Tch* How annoying" Gabriel says before tensing the muscles in his legs and jumping into the air kilometers up before kicking off the air sending him flying in the opposite direction in land.

Gabriel looks around observing the many towns below with minimal interest, "This world has changed after so many years huh..." 

Gabriel lands atop a mountain far away from where he started. He can't help but lament how long this trip will take now that his energy is messing up not allowing him to fly. 

"Maybe I should fix my energy first..."

{-------------------------------------------------------}

Back at the mines where the dead guard lay, a group of other guardsmen surrounded the body as others asked questions to the workers in the mines. They even found the remains of a miner deep within the mines after he missed role call.

"What the hell do we do? The Duke will kill us if we report another mishap" One of the guardsmen said as they argued about the situation.

*Screeeee!* A loud animal call was heard as from the sky a small dragon like creature landed in the ground. It stood at 10 meters tall and 13 meters long from head to tail. It's wings 20 meters from end to end making it truly intimidating not counting it's sharp gaze, large teeth, and rough steel like skin covered in sharp stones and metals.

However the guardsmen looked more afraid of something else as a man jumped from the back of the beast.

"Excuse my rock drake men. It is young after all" the man said his tall stature, making the guardsmen seem small.

The man had short blonde hair, and green eyes that had an aura of power. The armor the man wore was of an obviously high quality and the sword in the man's hip has a strange heat radiating off it. The most distinguishing feature on him was the symbol of a fire captured in ice which showed the man's status as a Holy Knight of the church of Pyrofrost.

"The Goddess Cryon smiles upon us today and you lit ruin it with your inadequate work" the man say walking up to the dead body as his drake sits waiting for it's masters return.

"Sir Locksez, we apologize but it all happened so fast and the perpetrator left before we could apprehend them" one of the guardsmen said but he was silenced by a glare.

"I ask not for excuses, the Church was counting on the Duke to get this done without problems and you lit have caused nothing but problems lately! I already have my hands full dealing with those barbarians on the northern front of Pyrofrost, I don't have time for this!" Locksez says as the guardsmen lower their heads even lower.

"Fix this problem and inform me if you find who did this, I'll be at the northern front and I pray to Cryon and Ignis that this doesn't happen again or else" Locksez says before summoning a blue flame and vaporizing the body as he walks away and gets back on his drake as it lifts off and flies away.

"Damn Holy Knight's are horrifying!" One of the guardsmen says before calling the workers back to work as they went back to their post.

{-------------------------------------------------------}

Meditating atop a tree 30 meters in the air, Gabriel could be seen a flickering silver aura around him. In front of his chest was a small floating tesseract that was covered in cracks. One of the many cracks was slowly sealing shut signaling that slowly but surely Gabriel was fixing his energy problem.

"This is going to take days at this rate" Gabriel said opening his eyes and holding out a hand forming an orb of silver energy which dissipated after 20 seconds causing Gabriel to sigh.

"If you were here this would be fixed in no time Sorin..." Thought Gabriel before he hopped down from the tree bored from meditating for hours.

Taking a leap once again he spotted another village in the distance and kicked off the air going towards it. While he didn't require food or water, Gabriel liked to enjoy a meal every so often so as he landed on the outskirts of the town nothing but his strange suit on, he garnered many looks all of which he ignored.

He looked around his eyes glowing faintly as he used his energy to scan the surroundings. This was a low level spell he knew that told him what he wanted to know about whatever he looks at letting him easily find his way whenever he's lost.

Using this he found a nice restaurant and entered sitting at one of the open tables alone as he observed to figure out their currency. Upon seeing their currency and using his magic to know how it works he used low level alchemy to create copies of the coins used so he could pay for his food. 

As he ate Gabriel was approached by a group of people. Looking up at them he saw what he deemed a bunch of children (they are in their mid twenties to early thirties but he is ancient so yeah...).

"Hey there mister. You seem to be enjoying that there meal quite a bit. I'm guessing your new here yes?" one of the two women in the group said leaning on the table.

"Yes why...." Gabriel said hiding his destain for these lower beings. 

"Well it's just, this is our territory as the strongest adventurers in the valley and we have a little tax for all who do just about anything here, and we don't recognize you meaning you ain't pay that tax" She says with a cold smile.

"Your point?" 

"Pay the tax or else punk" the guy behind her says brandishing a large hammer made of mythril.

"I'm sorry are you threatening me?"  Gabriel said his eyes narrowing as he stood and everyone in the restaurant looked nervous.

"That guy is standing up to those B-Rank adventurers is he crazy?" One of the people whispered.

"I don't know he also looks strong but it's 1 on 5" another said back but Gabriel ignored them all.

"So what if we are bastard" A shorter man said pointing a sword at Gabriel who looked annoyed.

Not wanting to take anymore, Gabriel's hand shoots out striking at the man with the sword but the third man blocks it. However he wasn't expecting it as it sent him flying through the restaurant through a wall.

"You fucker!" the big man with the hammer shouts swinging his hammer which was now covered in flames at Gabriel hitting him but he doesn't move.

"Huh?" The man questioned before realizing Gabriel caught the attack him with his hand.

Gabriel then used his free hand to punch the man causing him to crash into the counter behind him as he dropped his hammer.

"Shit attack him!" The woman says as her purple hair start floating and the other woman glows blue.

The purple haired woman first off a psychic blast, and the woman glowing blue fires a beam of pressurized water and Gabriel blocked both as the force caused him to slide a bit backwards.

"How annoying!" Gabriel says flexing as a burst of his silver energy causes everything to be pushed back dispelling the attacks.

He then rushes at the woman with purple hair and grabs her by the throat his hand glowing as he makes her head explode. He then uses her body to block another pressurized water beam as the woman who fired it runs from the building.

Gabriel rushes after her and before he can hit her the man he hit through the wall punches him in the face before flipping away as Gabriel turns to him. Gabriel noticed the mans broken arm from blocking his attack and the man glared summoning 3 fire balls over head as they fell towards Gabriel.

"Guess they stopped caring about the village they claimed huh..." Thought Gabriel as he jumped above the fireballs as they landed blowing up large portions of the village and killing many people.

3 Large 50 meter craters dotted the village as Gabriel could hear people screaming in the background as the flame mage looked at Gabriel as he landed. 

"Why the hell is someone so strong out here on the outskirts! Did the Duke send you, did that bastard go back on our deal!" The man shouted clutching his broken arm as a cloak of fire energy covered him.

"I was sent by nobody worm, you will die for antagonizing me" Gabriel said simply rushing the man who panicked touching the ground as a massive pillar of blazing hot flames burst from below shooting 100 meters into he air.

Taking this as a chance to escape the man jumped using fire to propel him leaving a sonic boom behind him, when suddenly Gabriel grabbed him from the sky by the ankle throwing him harshly into the ground below follow by a ray of silver light which burned the man to a crisp.

"Another one down" Gabriel said as he dodged another hammer strike.

"You killed James!" The big man yelled as green and red energy covered his form forming magma armor around him and his hammer became magma. 

"I'll support you!" The water mage girl said standing on floating water over head as the man with the sword landed beside the big guy.

"As will I"

"Man I just wanted some food..." Thought Gabriel as the swordsman vanished and leaped from his shadow as Gabriel dodged kicking him in the stomach only for the swordsman to phase through him bursting into shadow as if he weren't real.

Seeing this Gabriel jumped dodging a smash attack from the big guy whose hammer released a burst of magma on impact melting the surrounding area.

"Stay still and die already!" the big man said as Gabriel pointed at him charging another energy beam. 

Before he could fire Gabriel was shot from the sky by 5 massive water beams way stronger than before sending Gabriel through many buildings sending him across the village.

"Did you kill him?" The swordsman asked using his sword to help him stand as he just barely managed to change shadows before the kick fully landed.

"I shot those beams faster than sound Lucus, there's no way he could survive that many at once even if he's strong." The water mage woman said floating down as the big man glared at the path she shot Gabriel down.

On the he other side of the village Gabriel casually lifted a building off him dusting himself off.

"Damn that really got me..." He said as a small scratch was left on his face from the attack.

"I really have gotten weaker. Maybe even more so than I thought..." Gabriel said rolling his shoulder before grinning.

"I'm having fun so soon!" Gabriel shot back towards the three remaining adventurers and threw a punch covered in his silver energy.

"Watch out!" The woman said as Lucus jumped away just as the punch hit the big guy.

"Shit, Noah!" The woman shouted as the punch exploded on contact due to the unstable control of the energy sending them all flying.

Landing atop a burning building Gabriel smiled at the three of them who quickly regrouped.

"Why are all of you so defensive now? Come at me!" He shouted his inner battle maniac showing as he hadn't had a good fight since he was also under that mountain.

"Fuck you!" The woman said summoning a water drake that roared and charged at Gabriel who braced himself.

The large beast shot at Gabriel breaking the sound barrier as it tried biting down on Gabriel. However Gabriel held its mouth open as it tackled him through the building he was on into the ground before it shook its head tossing Gabriel into the air.

As Gabriel flew high he looked behind him seeing the big guy or Noah bringing his hammer down slamming into him as the water drake fires a beam of pressurized water at him which exploded on impact.

This left a cloud of mist in the air and from that mist 3 beams of silver light fired at the water drake blasting holes in it killing it instantly as Gabriel landed on it's corpse.

"That all you got?" Gabriel said as large magma rocks were flung at him by Noah all of which he destroyed with a punch before landing a deviating kick to Noah's stomach shattering his magma armor and sending his body into the approaching swordsman sending them both through multiple buildings.

Looking over at the water mage Gabriel smiled. 

"You're the strongest of this group huh?" He said dodging through multiple beams of pressurized water each 5 meters wide as they destroyed the landscape.

"For adventurers you lit sure don't care for collateral damage or casualties from this fight huh?" Gabriel said as the woman scoffed.

"Why would the strong care for the weak? They are in the way and we refuse to risk dying because we held back to spare them in all their weakness!" She said as Gabriel chuckled.

"That's fair I suppose" he then rushes at her as she swiftly sends out an ark of razor sharp water cutting through all it hit but Gabriel simply used his hand to slice through it with ease as he grabbed the woman and tossed her at the still recovering men in the group.

"Goodbye fools" Gabriel said his hand glowing silver as he releases a blast of energy finally killing them all as he lands on a rooftop looking over the destruction over a small mishap and sighs.

"Oh dear... Sorin would be pissed if he saw me doing stuff like this again hahaha" Gabriel said as he suddenly coughed out a mouthful of blood falling to his knees as the small tesseract from earlier appeared before him with new cracks from him overusing his silver energy.

"Damn it should have finished fixing this before I fought so long. Maybe I should stop dragging fights out for so long..." Gabriel thought before he jumped from the building deciding to head off and try fixing up his core.

"Never eating food in some shit village again!" Gabriel says to himself walking away from the ruined village without any care for it as he wonders how the next village over will be.

This was my first chapter of my new novel, tell me how to improve and if you liked the chapter please :)

0