The Matriarch
22 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A girl lay motionless on the ground, gradually stirring as her eyelids parted open, a sudden stinging light shut it back up.

She sat up and graced the scene before her, shock permeated her whole being as she sat in a collosal throne room, eight shadowy individuals bickered and argued about, sending chills down her spine. 

Ethereal energy was coming from these figures, making all those who graced their presence cower in fear.

Her presence went unnoticed despite her being directly in front of them, she dared not make any movement nor sound.

The arguing stopped, the collective individuals sensing an anomaly in their domain, looked around endlessly trying to find the source that dared their presence.

Their eyes landed on the girl, faintly sensing her attendance.

Silence prevailed for what seemed minutes before a figure spoke. 

"Dear fellow gods, it would seem we have a rat in our midst, don't we?", One of them said with a hint of surprise. 

A pause ensued as the gods soaked in their bewilderment. 

"Who are you, and of what power brought your essence here to the throne room of gods". A god bellowed angrily. 

" M...Mighty g...gods, I...l...beg for mercy! I had no intention to intrude. Spare me, please!" Alicia put her hands up to show her innocence.

Another pause ensued as a god responded irritably, " Your pleas fall on deaf ears mortal, why have you ventured where mortals dare not tread". 

The gods looked down at her lithe figure with fury and murderous intent, putting pressure on her being, just enough so she can stay alive. 

"You seem to be not of this world... Aren't you the trespasser who breached our domain?, how convenient for you to deliver yourself to us". One of the eight gods said. 

" You are given a chance to explain yourself, this instant,". The god of judgement acknowledged. 

Alicia was silent, she couldn't talk, no she wouldn't talk, just what was going on?, what being or power was playing with her?.

Was this some sort of sick joke, all these events were breaking her from inside out.

All these thoughts flooded her head until she was unceremoniously reminded that she was admist gods by a spike in their celestial aura. 

She convulsed in pain and she shook vigorously in fear, almost wetting herself.

"We are awaiting your answer, girl" the god of judgement reminded her. 

Similar to something out of a movie, the girl vanished, giving the gods no time to react and visibly stunning them.

Minutes passed by, the gods looked on dumbfounded. 

"Let us find that mortal and put her through the thirteen ends of penury" the second seated god suggested, clenching his gigantic fists.

"We will find the god doing all of this, and they will suffer". The eight god proclaimed, his figure reclining calmly on the throne 

" This was done to ridicule us, my fellow gods... And it induces a rage like never before in me" the god of justice added.

"You should remember that our interactions with the mortal realm is being limited, the chaos amongst godhood is unsettling".the first seated god reminded as he sighed. 

" We shall take care of the trespasser later, 

Our priority is the war". The fifth seated god chimed. 

The first god sat up and made a reply, 

" I object Cyricus, this could tip the balance of our world even more".

" What do you suggest then great one" . Cyricus urged. 

"I suggest we break our celestial deliberation, only one of us would find and remove the trespasser, Cyricus you will oversee this, and with this the upper echelon have decided".

Cyricus made no reply, he looked forward, staring into nothingness, his obscured face showing no emotion.

***

Alicia was on the verge of insanity, her body and mind were in tatters, whispers flooded her mind, driving her to the edge. 

She pulled her hair and screamed, very loudly for the heavens to hear.

Her scenery was a pitch black room, a room that contained nothing.

The cacophony of whispers continued, until one increased in volumes above the rest, making known the words "status window".

She cried and hugged herself as she pondered on the word.

"Status window?", she repeated.

A blue board appeared in front of her face, making her jump back in fright, she peered for some time before slowly moving closer.

She vaguely remembered it somewhere.

It looked lengthy, and contained some words she magically understood.

Name: Alicia

Title: Deathforged Wanderer

Level: 1

---

Abilities:

*Corrosive Touch (level 1): Infuse melee attacks with necrotic energy, causing decay. 

---

Attributes:

*Soul Affinity:* Ancient(---)

*Health Points (HP): (0/100) (earned from basic exercise, and doubled from eating enemies)

*Regeneration: Slow passive regeneration consuming (HP) due to the Death System.

*Energy Points (EP):* (10/50) (earned from absorbing enemy soul).

*Memento Drain:* Consumes EP for heightened effects during intense moments.

*Vitality: 2.

*Endurance (Increased stamina and resistance to fatigue): 1.

*Strength: 1.

*Muscle Mastery (Enhanced physical strength for combat maneuvers): 0.

*Psychic Resilience( Increased mental fortitude against psychological attacks):1.

Survival Score: 1/3.

*Resourcefulness:0.

*Experience Points (XP):0.

 *Evolution Potential: Unlocked after defeating 15 high-grade fleshfiends.

Fleshfiends killed (0/15)].

She understood this was some kind of power, it could help her survive, if she tried her best to be smart and witty. 

Maneuvering her strange new predicament would be more bearable. 

She willed for the window to disappear, which it did, the girl stood up and comforted herself, repeating that everything would be alright just before blacking out once again. 

Alicia jerked awake for the last time that day, with a confused expression on her face, of which she could feel dried tears on.

She couldn't tell what was real and what was a dream.

Her being laid on a soft but dirty makeshift bed, she looked around finding that she was in a dark dingy room, she moved cautiously towards the door and opened.

The door opened to a giant of a man, whom she had to look up to meet his face, she swallowed her saliva as fear gripped her yet again.

Alicia realized that she had become quite accauinted to the emotion.

Contrary to her expectations, the man held a friendly, almost pitiful gaze at her, it felt almost refreshing to be pitied like some kitten.

The man spoke, his soft deep voice soothing Alicia's mind "you have been through a lot, little girl, the matriarch would like to meet you".

The " little girl" didn't know her environment, how hostile it was and was truly reluctant to interact with anybody, but she knew how weak and fragile she was. 

Having long since decided that she was not in her world anymore, this was a new world, one which had magic, monsters, gods and maybe even more preposterous things.

All she was, was a fragile human, executed for something she knew nothing about, too stunned and afraid to speak for herself.

What could she do now?, other than try her best to stay alive, even if it meant licking other's boots, or she could use the power of the magic board, which Alicia concurred was too weak to help against the powerhouses of this world.

She timidly replied the giant of a man with an "Ok, I'll meet the M... Matriarch.

" That'll be great, let's go" he signalled to her, shutting the door and walking in the lead.

"By the way I'm Boriath".

He stated, and demanded her name

" A...Alicia". She shivered as they walked into a room full of people.

The people Alicia saw weren't normal, they all were deformed, with patchy colored skin.

Boriath looked to be the only normal looking person around, if you didn't count his size, they were now in a vast hall containing these deformed people, who stared at them and whispered, making Alicia feel unease. 

The multitudes of deformed people parted and made way for a single individual, their matriarch, an aging woman looking about sixty years of age.

She had blue colored skin, patched and wrinkled, despite her age and skin deformities she held a type of beauty to her. 

Her choice of attire was an old brown robe, a single ruby red gem had it's place in the middle of her forehead.

She seemed tall to Alicia, very tall that the transmigrator felt very short as of the moment, she realized at that moment that everyone wasn't so tall, she had shrunk.

She made a shaky bow to the woman in front of her, who held her and told her not to do so, the Matriarch had a motherly feel to her, maybe that was why she was called the matriarch.

The Matriarch held Alicia in a warm embrace, it was almost like they were mother and child, tears streamed down the girl's face as she hugged back.

"Come let us go, let us talk". The Matriarch stated gently as she guided Alicia by the hand in the midst of the people. 

Whispers following as the gathering of people watched the Matriarch take Alicia into the special chambers. 

3