The System
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Thirty minutes later -

'Why did Rose have to show up right as they left.'

"Really, why did she think I was shaken to death…"

Finally having some alone time again, I investigate the status window.

—— Michael von Raven Nexum ——

Age: 12

Strength: G

Agility: G

Endurance: G-

Stamina: G-

Intelligence: S-

Charm: B+

Mana: Locked

Elemental Affinity: Locked

Skills: Sword of the End (S >> D-) [Passive], Illusion Steps (S+ << D-) [Passive], Locked (S) [Active], Locked (SSS) [Passive]

Curse: Memories of a Forgotten World (EX)

—— Michael von Raven Nexum ——

'This… A breakdown of my abilities?'

"12 years old? Why does it only factor in physical age?"

'It doesn't say anything about Xavier either. Does it only factor in features related to the original Michael?"

'The curse… If it only pertained to the original Michael, that wouldn't be there.'

Despite the desire for further inquiry, I do not know enough information to form an appropriate response. Pushing these thoughts away, I refocus myself on this attribute window.

The curse, Memories of a Forgotten World (EX), must have something to do with the original memories of the future.

'A curse though? Impossible.'

The memories themselves couldn't be a curse; without them, I would have ended up falling into the same fate as before.

Sinking into meditation, I check over my body. Not being able to sense anything different from the original Michael's body, I come to think.

'Either it's dormant, or there's activation conditions… What could they be?'

"Still, EX grade? I highly doubt it's worse than G rank… meaning it's more potent than SSS+. A curse of this degree isn't something to overlook... I need to check again after awakening."

Even after contemplating the curse, I could not conclude anything concrete. Thankfully, the rest of the Attribute window is self-explanatory.

The skills appear to encompass bloodline abilities, as well as learned techniques such as mana manipulation methods, weapon arts, and body arts.

Sword of the End, a swordsmanship Michael developed. I need to move past S in this life. It's a technique great at killing, but still stoppable if they focus on defense.

Illusion Steps, in return for lacking the mobility typically found in body arts. The user is granted an unmatched evasive ability when facing people of the same level. Despite being opposites in intent, with one being pure aggression, and the other pure evasion. When combined, the dynamic movements make it, so the killing attacks are far less predictable.

'Is the locked S rank skill my bloodline ability?'

Assuming the first locked skill is my bloodline ability, while the ability to dissipate kinetic energy by consuming mana is great for assassins. Against powerful opponents, and in direct combat, it was rather lacking. Kinetic Conversion certainly has amazing potential, but the mana control needed for it to be remotely efficient isn't something that can be learned. Ironically, the Raven family's bloodline ability would have perfectly complimented Michael's original. Unfortunately for me, nobody has ever awakened to two bloodline abilities.

While I was able to chalk up the S rank skill to a bloodline ability, how come there's an SSS rank-locked skill?

"Michael never had an SSS rank skill. Could it have been Xavier's?"

'Unlikely, Xavier was just smart. He had no crazy abilities.'

Without the other skill being from Xavier or Michael, I can only think of it being because of the soul synchronization… or from the curse.

"If it doesn't unlock when I awaken, it must be from the curse."

Despite only being a few days away, the significance of it for me was humungous.

Combining the impatience felt with the growingly boring attribute window, my ability to focus on it waned.

'Glad I went through the complicated aspects first.'

Strength, agility, endurance, and stamina being low makes sense. Right now, my abilities are those of a non-awakened 12-year-old boy.

Although the separation of physical abilities was odd, every awakened has different specialties. Assassins and shield users wouldn't train the same or have the same physique.

Not to mention magicians who naturally have larger mana pools at the expense of physical abilities.

Doing a quick mirror check, Michael decided "I look the same as before; I guess charm is low because I'm only 12 right now. Teenagers might be cute, but they won't be attractive."

If someone else heard him, they would have fallen over in disbelief.

Michael might have only been 12, but he looked about 14. Not to mention, having a charm of B+ would already have been better than the models of Earth.

'Intelligence is S-? Why is it so low? Which idiot caused it to drop like this? I should be an unparalleled genius…'

At this point during the original Michael's life, his intelligence would have been ranked as S+. While Michael was unaware of its original value, he instinctually felt insulted by the S-evaluation.

Xavier's soul might have made him more human, but it certainly wasn't going to help him become normal.

1