The Dragon Gate
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On top of a peak, filled with countless sculptures and wood waste, sect Elders gathered outside a residence to discuss their next steps.

“Who do they think they are? Those stubborn bunches” an Elder hollered. “They dared beat up our sect’s disciple and even dared to say it was only a sparring between disciples!” 

After the incident, a few Elders went to the Sun Sect demanding an answer. 

However, the Sun Sword Sect gave them a reply in seven words, “It was only a sparring between disciples.” 

“We can’t let this matter drop, sect master. We must send our disciples too,” another Elder declared. 

Although the Elder spoke his mind, the number disparity between the two sects' disciples was too large to send their few disciples. 

The courtyard became noisy with their discussion. 

As the door to the residence slid aside, the courtyard hushed at the sight of the figure that emerged.

Every Elder turned their gaze toward the figure, whose entire head was concealed by a curtained bamboo hat.

He was the newly appointed sixth Elder, and this was the designated peak of the sixth Elder.

To this day, none of the Elders present had seen the face of the sixth Elder. Whenever and wherever he went, he never removed the curtained hat, and they dared not pry with their spiritual sense. 

“What is your opinion on what action should be taken?” asked an Elder.

“I don’t have any,”

One of the Elders looked dissatisfied with the short response. “What? You won’t comment on this matter. It's your disciple, Elder Zen.”

“It's his fight; who am I to interfere?” stated Elder Zen. “He was weak and got beaten by someone stronger.”

“But Elder Zen, from what I heard, you haven’t taught him anything other than making him carry logs,” 

“…” 

“…” 

“That is a form of training,” Elder Zen continued. “I don’t want him to be reliant on others.” 

After a brief talk with the sixth Elder, the crowd dispersed. 

Most of them were dissatisfied with the Elder Zen’s uncaring manner. 

Inside the room, Lin Mo lay motionless.

 “Wake up.”

“I knew I couldn’t hide from master.” Lin Mo woke, opening his eyes. 

He hadn't sustained any major injuries, just a few cuts and bruises. His unconsciousness was merely an act.

“You made those old fogies worry for no reason,” said Master Zen.

Lin Mo laughed wryly. He had not anticipated that his small act would provoke such a strong reaction from the group of Elders.

“It’s good; your body could adapt to pain,” stated Master Zen. “But don’t overdo it.” 

Nodding to his master, Lin Mo asked. “Master, when can I have a sword?”

Thinking for a while, Master Zen replied, “After you open up your second dragon gate.” 

For some reason, his master had yet to bestow him an actual sword. So far, he had been training with dummy swords. As for his apprentice brother Wu, he already had a weapon since joining the sect. 

“Many thanks, Master,” he beamed excitedly. “Then I should open the second gate very soon.” 

The Dragon Gate was a secret technique taught to him by his master, which had greatly increased his overall physical strength.

From his master’s explanation, there were seven gates to this technique: 

- Life Gate 

- Healing Gate 

- Wonder Gate 

- Death Gate 

- Spirit Gate 

- Soul Gate 

- Gate of Transformation 

So far, He had only opened the Life Gate. He still had a long way ahead. 

“You’ve grown quite rapidly. You should focus on stabilizing your foundation or it might affect your future breakthrough,” Master Zen paused. “Follow me.” 

The two entered the backyard.

It was Lin Mo’s first time entering the back of Master Zen’s residence.

“These are...” he stood frozen staring ahead.

Five human-sized sculptures stood in front of Lin Mo. Their flawlessly carved countenances appeared remarkably lifelike, aside from their distinctive redwood color.

Not long after, something else caught his attention. 

A pond filled with sparkling water. It appeared pristine, even somewhat ethereal to the eye. 

“Master, is this spiritual liquid?” Lin Mo asked.

Spiritual liquids were considered superior to spiritual stones due to their formation through extreme condensation.

His master nodded in response and gestured for him to sit on a stone near the pond.

“Use this opportunity to stabilize your foundation,” he instructed.

Lin Mo followed Master Zen’s instructions, sat on a stone near the pond, and began cultivating. 

In the few days he spent in his master’s backyard, he broke through to the next minor realm and reached the Mid-foundation stage. 

It was time he exited his master's residence, before leaving,  Master Zen handed him a small wooden sword.

“It will protect you when your life is in danger.”

“A wooden sword?” Placing the small sword on his palm, he looked at it strangely. 

‘How could this small sword protect me? Maybe it's some sort of embroidery or a charm?’ thought Lin Mo but didn’t ask aloud. 

He bowed and thanked his master, before leaving the courtyard. 

Only Master Zen remained in the courtyard, alone in contemplation. 

“This time for sure.” On his palm, Master Zen held a circular disk bearing five-star patterns. “I will make you come out if you don't show up yourself.”

Out of five star patterns, only the first two were lit.

“Soon enough…”

1