Chapter 3: Along the Path
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seems like I was mistaken. Twice.

A sunset had past after that unwelcome experience. It's currently night time still- or so I would guess based on the fact that it was sunset during the act of violence and this feeling of cold I can sense. Although I don't actually feel cold, it's just that I can tell it is. 

Speaking of cold, I didn't expect to not feel bad for the goblins that were dropped. If I recall correctly, I was not the type of person to animatedly show emotions back then but I sure was not emotionless as well. I was just normal so I wonder why the only thing I got from that scene was shock. 

Is it perhaps the connection? I wouldn't call those goblins my buddies per se but I won't call them unrelated either. Even if we only spent our time dirt boarding, they still saved me from eternal damnation. I wonder how long I would have been there if not for them. Is it perhaps a sort of blockage? Like a emotion cloth on my reaction circulation? Am I gonna have a heart attack? 

Never mind that. Did you know that even if I can't express anything that I can still receive a package of confusion?

I though that my current captor, the third goblin, was just a goblin but during my vision that I had seen after the two goblin's death, I noticed something peculiar. If I try to play the memory back, which I can surprisingly do so with enough effort, I can see more minor difference from the goblins and my current landlord. 

 It seems as if this one is more built in terms of muscles and mass in both height and width compared to the scrawny ones that first held me which were like stereotypical starving stray monkeys if they were goblins. I would have noticed this better if it put me on but another surprising thing it did after killing its companions was to simply wrap me up in cloth. The cloth was of course  rough to the touch and didn't stop most of the natural element but maybe I really am a treasure in its eyes.

Oh yeah, did I mention how I actually looked? With them repeatedly calling me treasure, I half-expected myself to be a gold bracelet covered in finely polished diamonds with a design carved by the most skilled of craftsman and arranged for a tax release but turns  out I was just a metallic bangle if it was flattened by the weight of its ego.

Can I not have been more fancy than that at least? I guess I was that bland before too but this is a new fate, why not.

What's boggling me is why I was called a treasure despite just being a plain metal bracelet. Am I more important that I think? Am I a powerful item perhaps?  After a couple more pondering I had landed on a solid guess, They probably just don't interact much with metal or iron so they think something like this is valuable. They're goblins after all, even if they sometimes pose non-privative acts, at the end of the day, the cave is there.

But this muscular goblin seems less... unintelligent? I have been spending my time with him while recovering from my shock and all I can say is that he is better at communication than the other two. I mean they're dead so they can't communicate now but what I mean is when I had first met them arguing.

His speech is not as broken, his mutterings are easier to understand. From what I had picked up while we were traveling somewhere, it seems that his sister is captured and hopes that by offering me she would be released. I am not entirely sure as what captured her but I am certain that they will definitely not release her for me. I mean, I value myself highly but a metallic bracelet is... how do I say this without sounding masochistic... Trash.

Well, enough of that. Let us go back to my actual problems and talk about me. I have a theory that might be useful information for the future. I am an avid player and reader of all things RPG so maybe, just maybe, this is one of them. 

Let me explain before I get put in a comically tiny bracelet asylum. Although it was not that noticeable, a feeling of growth had grazed me after the goblins were stabbed, like a feeling you get after managing to finish an assignment due tomorrow whilst the teacher is collecting it, a sort of relief with accomplishment. I am not certain if I had just imagined it or if it actually occurred but seeing as I ama bracelet possessed by a  human soul and owned by a murderer muscle goblin, it's fair to assume that the surreal might actually be true,

Now then, what might this feeling be? Simple, it's experience. In most roleplaying or progression games, there's this measure of how far you've come called levels. Levels has a gauge in order to progress or level up, like a barrel atop another barrel. The experience is water trickling down from the top, filling the top most smallest barrel to then overflow and fill the next barrel under it.

I suspect that I got an 'Assist' or maybe a 'Proximity' experience. I lean more on the proximity one but it can also be a special acquiring method for items to gain exp for their owner's death. Is that why so many cursed and powerful items were owned by dead people? I cannot be certain as I cannot experiment yet. If only I had a body or control one for that matter.

Going back, I had already attempted to say 'Status' and its other cousins but seems as that only revealed my idiocrasy, All I'm certain as of right now is that there's definitely a connection between that sudden rush to the death of the goblins. May it be like gaining exp or perhaps gaining a curse and slowly building up to be a cursed item. Scary. I wonder what curse I might get if it's that? Is it random?

*Rustling, Rustling, Rustling*

Well, seems like our dear muscle man is having a nightmare. I mean, killing does do that to you. Inside this cave, without anything but some old rags covering you in a chilly night, perspiring for some reason and saying "Sister" repeatedly seems to not fit though... Maybe he's having a nightmare about his sister rather than the murder? Well, I mean, either his sister is in so much trouble that it outweighs killing or this guy has killed so much that it is no longer affecting him. Talk about the worst possible owner to have or wait.. I heard psychopaths are really good at cleaning and taking care of objects so maybe I'm safe.

At the  very least he won't kill an object... Can I even die though?  Is my life the fact that this bracelet is a connected circle or is it the material itself? If it's the former then I might die if I get cut or destroyed but if it's the latter then it would open up a lot more scenarios like being melted and diluted by other materials to kill me. If it's the latter, I might even be able to recover after being crushed to pieces if I had an ability like that.

Eh, seems cool but I have no way to do anything. I can't even see let alone move.

You know, I came to another theory. If this is a game world, can I gain proficiency in mental skills if there are even skills in this world? I mean, it won't hurt to try seeing as I cannot even sleep. I forgot to mention but the reason why I have been just thinking this whole while is because I can't fall asleep or feel tired whatsoever plus breathing, seems as if I am taking something in from the environment but I'm almost certain it isn't air, it's like air but I could even acquire it while I was in the water last time, I had just not noticed because I though it was still oxygen. Seems like being an object has its merits after  all, minus the movement of course.  

Anyway ways, time for me to try and acquire mental skills.  And so, I spent the night doing mental arithmetic to try and maybe gain a skill or be better at it by the end.

Short chapter for this one but I had gained a possible plan for the story. It will take a couple of chapters for the MC to actually be able to do anything of value outside but it should be pretty good from there. Anyways, Thank you for reading!

 

0