Chapter 104: Self-Binding Angel’s Mercy
184 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lynne wasn't just making empty promises. Before his departure, his teacher had specifically cautioned him about the methods of the Night Doctor and imparted some understanding of their treatment techniques.

The reason the stitched wounds wouldn't heal was due to a special ointment the Night Doctor applied between each piece of flesh.

According to his teacher, this ointment had a strong ability to resist curses and sustain life and also had another effect that Lynne had yet to discover.

But that wasn't the point. The key was how to stitch in a way that made the seams look aesthetically pleasing without affecting the appearance. In this regard, Lynne was well-versed in his teacher's teachings.

The young man asked urgently, "What do I need to do? As long as you can restore me to my original state, I'll do anything you say!"

Lynne said, "Simple. Take off your clothes."

The young man gaped, glancing at the mayor and the other warriors standing around, slightly embarrassed.

The mayor coughed and said, "Well, we'll step outside. After it's finished, we can come back in and check on the situation."

With that, he gestured for the warriors to leave the house with him. Soon, only Lynne and the young man were left in the house.

The young man, looking at Lynne's beaming smile across from him, swallowed nervously. He hesitated, but ultimately obeyed the doctor's orders, quickly undressing.

After a few seconds, the young man lay stark naked and sweating profusely on the butcher's block.

Why call it a butcher's block? Because this was where pigs and sheep were usually slaughtered.

The young man, trembling, covered his private area and asked, "What... what now?"

Zzzzz—Zzzzz—Zzzzz—

The unnerving sound of a knife being sharpened echoed overhead.

The young man instantly panicked. He instinctively turned his head towards the direction of the sound and saw Lynne calmly sharpening a pitch-black blade.

Under the dim light, it was a hair-raising sight.

The young man asked, "Doctor... for removing stitches... do you really need such a big knife?"

Lynne lifted the sharpened knife, took out a hair, and gently laid it on the blade.

Split—

It was cut cleanly in two, just like that.

Lynne narrowed his eyes, saying, "A knife that cuts cleanly is always handy. Don't be afraid, whether it's a big or small knife, a good knife is one that can perform surgery."

[Ding! Karen's Sanity -10]

The young man named Karen tensed up, his eyes wide, and trembled: "So… can we start now?"

Lynne smiled slightly, holding the knife and walking towards him. His gaze swept up and down Karen's body, then suddenly focused on a certain area below.

Lynne couldn't help but chuckle.

"ヽ( ̄▽ ̄) ノ Don't be nervous, don't be nervous. You're so tense you're standing up. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were plotting something against my knife. If you keep it up like this, it's going to be quite troublesome when I start cutting!"

Karen immediately covered himself, exclaiming: "It's cold, it's not like I want to stand up! Can you not make such jokes about someone's private parts?"

Lynne nodded seriously, regaining his composure.

"Okay, then let's begin."

As he spoke, Lynne's gaze fell on a thick, grotesque stitch on Karen's chest.

Lynne narrowed his eyes. He brandished his large knife with a flourish.

"Here I go!"

"Wait a minute!" Karen quickly extended his hand, trembling: "Are you going to remove the stitches without anesthesia?"

Lynne paused. Then he showed a remorseful smile, put down the knife, and opened his medical box to take out a bottle of anesthesia, saying: "Sorry, I got a bit too excited and completely forgot about it again. My apologies, I'll administer it right away."

Karen lay there, dazed.

Anesthesia... Is that something you can forget? Isn't that a crucial step for a doctor treating a patient? And... Why did he say "again"? Also, why use the word "excited" when referring to performing surgery on someone? Is this really something to be excited about?

He slowly began to feel that this doctor might not be as reliable as he thought.

A few minutes later.

Lynne administered general anesthesia.

"How do you feel? Completely numb, can you feel me poking you?"

Lynne asked seriously.

Lying there, completely numb, Karen murmured in a daze. The side effects of the anesthesia had left him in a semi-conscious state.

Normally, he just needed to sleep through it. When he woke up, the surgery would be complete, and he would have felt no pain during the process.

"It seems ready, then I'll begin!"

Hearing Lynne's satisfied voice, Karen, in a half-asleep state, completely relaxed. Since it was general anesthesia, he wouldn't feel any pain. He just needed to close his eyes and wait for the surgery to finish.

Ah!

It had been so long since he had slept so peacefully.

But then…

Spurt—

Karen(ヾノ꒪ཫ꒪)—

Suddenly, an intense pain, like the sting of death, jolted his consciousness awake.

Wait! Something was wrong! Very wrong! Hadn't he been fully anesthetized? Why could he still feel such excruciating pain?

Then he saw, to his horror, Lynne's knife going in to remove the stitches, cutting back and forth with focus.

Spurt—

Spurt—

"Aaahhhh—"

He (ヾノ꒪ཫ꒪) screamed in his mind, like a pig being slaughtered. But because of the full-body paralysis, he couldn't muster any strength in his mouth to make a sound, so he could only scream internally. He trembled.

What was happening! Why was it still so painful despite the anesthesia!

Lynne, while removing the stitches, noticed Karen's trembling body and kindly, gently wiped the sweat from his face, saying: "Just sleep through it, no worries. When you wake up, you'll be a healthy young man. Relax! Relax!"

With that, Lynne quickened the pace of removing the stitches.

Karen felt like his entire being was splitting apart with pain, but due to the anesthesia, he couldn't make any movements. He was mentally shattered.

Using all his strength, he trembled, trying to move his numb mouth, and said: "It hurts…"

Lynne was startled, immediately leaning his ear closer to him, shouting: "Speak up, I didn't hear you clearly."

Karen, trembling, moved his lips and said: "Hu...hur"

Lynne paused, then wiped his sweat, relieved, "No worries, this is all part of my job. You don't need to praise me, but you are the first patient to give me such high praise on the operating table. In that case, I will make sure to work both quickly and steadily! Rest assured!"

Without a second thought, Lynne's expression turned immensely focused. He dove into the perfect operation of removing stitches with even more concentration than before. He had to ensure the patient's satisfaction!

Spurt spurt spurt spurt spurt—

The speed of his cuts increased! And so did the pain!

Watching Lynne's actions, Karen trembled, struggling to move his lips.

No! No! I wasn't praising you! I was saying it hurts! It really hurts! Not that you're good! Oh, Mom! Help! Somebody, please save me!

[Ding! Knife Skills +1]

[Ding! Knife Skills +1]

Outside the door, the warriors who had always been wary of Lynne looked through the crack in the door at Lynne's extremely focused demeanor, all showing expressions of admiration.

"Mayor, this doctor is indeed very dedicated. Just the way he administered the anesthesia is already countless times better than those Night Doctors."

"Karen even shed tears of relief! He's so moved!"

The mayor sighed, stroking his long beard: "That's good to hear. I didn't expect to find such a dedicated and sane doctor in the Dark World. It seems there are good people here after all!"

A few minutes later, inside the house.

Lynne looked at Karen, whose stitches were mostly removed. He carefully inspected the gaps between the stitched limbs and, just as his teacher had said, there indeed was some white, sticky liquid adhering between the pieces of flesh.

"Is this the strange ointment used by the Night Doctor that my teacher mentioned?"

Lynne wondered. Then, an introduction from the system appeared before him.

[Self-Binding Angel's Mercy]

[Quality: Epic]

[Introduction: A special ointment only used by Night Doctors. When applied to wounds, it can remove curses and maintain normal consciousness. It can resist certain special plague curses, but the side effect is that it causes the target to lose self-healing ability.]

Lynne was shocked.

Epic level?! This was a quality even higher than legendary potions! Could the Night Doctor group really be so wealthy? To use epic-level potions so freely on others?

Lynne pondered. Setting aside other considerations, if focusing solely on the effects of this liquid, it seemed specifically designed to counteract a particular curse.

Could this be the reason why the Night Doctors chopped people up? But disregarding that for now, the reason those who were dismembered could still be alive was entirely due to the life-sustaining properties of this potion, at the cost of the flesh being unable to heal itself. Hence the need for stitching… Right?

Lynne roughly understood the reasoning behind the Night Doctors' actions. If that was the case, Lynne dared not rashly remove the ointment, at least not all of it.

Lynne carefully held Karen's trembling, tear-streaked head, earnestly saying: "Karen, I'm going to start stitching you up. Don't worry, you'll soon be a normal person again!"

Saying this, he took out the suturing thread from his medical box. He threaded the needle with a smile, targeting his chest. His stitching method was quite simple.

Since the outer appearance is just the outer layer of skin, he only needed to properly stitch up the flesh underneath, remove the ointment on the surface, and then use a healing potion for rapid recovery.

This way, from the outside, there would be no visible signs of stitching. This was definitely a stroke of genius.

"Karen, I'm starting now, but since I have to treat them separately, I need to first… you know."

Karen's eyes trembled violently.

Wait a minute! What did he just say? What was he going to do first?! The skin… Could it be… No!

He was utterly shocked, screaming frantically in his mind. But to no avail.

[Ding! Your Sewing Skill +1]

[Ding! Your Sewing Skill +1]

Finally, after about ten minutes.

Lynne wiped the sweat from his forehead, then carefully laid the skin, from which he had removed the Night Doctor's ointment, onto the muscles. He took out a healing potion and sprinkled it evenly over the junction of muscle and skin.

As the flesh regenerated, a satisfied expression appeared on Lynne's face.

"This completes the procedure."

[Ding! You have successfully completed the task: Special Suturing. You have received rewards: 500 Skull Coins, 500 Experience.]

The method was quite simple. First, remove the Night Doctor's stitches. Then stitch the flesh and limbs back together.

Peel the skin to remove the [Self-Binding Angel's Mercy], then restore the skin with a healing potion. Finally, cover the stitched muscles with the skin completely intact and heal it with the potion.

With this process, a living person without any trace of stitching was perfectly restored.

Lynne smiled and said, "Karen, the surgery was a perfect success. You no longer need to worry about your unsightly appearance. And to make you even more handsome, I took the liberty of fixing the dark spots and acne on your face. You are now completely healed."

Karen (((;꒪ꈊ꒪;))) lay there numb, tears rolling down his face.

Lynne wiped his tears, his eyes slightly red. Sniffling, he smiled: "Thank you, thank you for your recognition. No need to be so moved. Your tears are making me want to cry."

Lynne quietly turned around, secretly wiping the moisture from his eyes.

"Sorry, I'm a bit emotional. But I still want to say, thank you, thank you for your recognition."

Karen (((;꒪ꈊ꒪;))) wept even more.

I... I'm moving you... damn it!

He cried internally, unable to describe his feelings.

It hurts! Even with anesthesia, it was more painful than when the Night Doctors cut him!

He was cut open, patched up, and then stitched again!

Crying.

The pain was doubled!

Creak—

Lynne opened the door with a smile.

The mayor and others immediately rushed in, asking: "How did it go? How was the surgery?"

Lynne replied with a smile, "Very successful! He has completely recovered! He's a healthy boy now!"

Saying this, Lynne invited them in. The mayor and others were instantly taken aback upon seeing Karen lying on the table, his skin smooth and unblemished, without any signs of stitches.

The women in the group were all (✪ O ✪) astonished.

"Wow! There really aren't any scars! Just like a baby!"

6