Chap.1 – The New Girl
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Oro's story begins as she is assigned for the first time to Counters Squad.  She's just been released from Missilis HQ and goes to the Outpost to report to the Commander, whom she'll grow to like a lot during the story.  She's wearing her usual outfit of a purple sweater like shirt with sleeves that stop short of her forearms, white long pants that seem attached to her skin, her long black, wavy pony tail trailing behind her, her brown eyes are focused and anxious, her jet black heels are 4 inches in height and compliment her tall frame as she sashays to see the Commander, she wears gold bangles on her forearms that jingle as she walks, she has a obvious Missilis logo neck choker with small studs in them, and she's carrying her custom made sniper rifle on her back and matching dual pistols on her thigh holsters.  Her and the Commander have already communicated during the transfer process and she's gotten to know him before being discharged from Missilis.*

Oro:

"Reporting in commander."

Commander:

"How are you doing?"  He gestures for Oro to take a seat when she walks into the Commander's Quarters.  She takes a seat at his desk so they can  talk.

Oro:

"I am doing fine. How about yourself?" She fidgets in her seat as she looks at him.  She takes off her rifle and sets it off to the side.  It was a heavy sniper rifle with an adaptable scope.  The coloring on it was metallic white with flashes of red and black all over.

Commander:

"You should take the time to relax since you're new here.  The rest of the team will like you I'm sure." 

Oro:

"I was told to always be on alert, but I'll try for you, Commander." She was already smitten by his looks.  She couldn't put her finger on why she was.  She decided to stay focused or risk embarrassment. 

Commander:

"Why would you be told that? You just got here?" He leans back in his chair now curious of Oro's current mood.

Oro:

"It's something Miss Syuen said before I left.  I'm not sure myself, but I'm sure she's just looking out for me.  Also, if I may, I do find you very attractive. For a human that is.  Miss Syuen didn't tell me you looked the way you do." Oro felt like her chest was about to explode.  That just slipped out.

Commander:

"Hold on. When did this start?"  

Oro:

"I have felt these emotions starting 2 weeks ago.  After Syuen first introduced you to me, I couldn't help myself."  Oro was blushing hard despite her brown skin hiding it.  She looked vulnerable at the moment just hoping the Commander wouldn't brush her off. 

Commander:

"Oh, is that right? Tell me about it."  He leans forwards on his desk with his elbows.  He seemed genuinely interested in what Oro had to say.

Oro:

"I couldn't really describe it besides just being drawn to you.  I haven't met the rest of the squad yet so I don't know what to make of it." Oro was rolling her thumbs over and over thinking about the conversation.  

Commander:

"You haven't met Rapi yet?"

Oro:

"No.  I haven't yet. I was debating on whether or not to hide this from you, let alone alone Rapi."

Commander:

"Why hide it from me?"

Oro:

"I... don't want anyone to think I'm after you. Plus I didn't know you well enough to just let it all out.  You seem nice though." Oro says nervously as she looks at the Commander.  He had a soft smile on his face.  He felt welcoming and non-judgmental. 

Commander:

"Is that how you truly feel?"

Oro:

"I honestly don't know... I don't know what these feelings are. It's like the more I'm around you, the more I feel it. Is that bad?" Oro looked concerned and she wore it on her face.  She gently moves her hair out of her eyes and puts it behind her left ear.  The spike like gold earring sparkling brightly on her ear.  She had a matching earring.  

Commander:

"It could be that you're very new to your emotions due to you being a newer Nikke.  You haven't had time to interact with a lot of people.  Socialize and have fun is my recommendation." He says gesturing to other pictures he'd taken with the Counters squad overtime.  Oro looked at the pictures in amazement.  They all seemed very close and happy. 

Oro:

"That is a possibility Commander.  I didn't think about it like that.  So I'm not weird?" Oro looked like she was on the verge of tears.

The commander reaches out a hand and rests it on Oro's hands.  He smiles at her in a form of reassurance.  Oro gasps a bit as soon as she felt his warmth.  She immediately felt better.

Commander:

"You're not weird."

Oro:

"Thank you Commander." 

Commander:

"Listen if you ever feel like you need to talk to me you know where to find me."

Oro:

"I will keep that in mind. Thank you, commander. You really know how to ease my worries." 

She felt so much better having gotten this off of her chest already.  She begins to stand and does a slight bow to the Commander.  She grabs her rifle and prepares to walk out and claim her room.  After a while she walks down the long catwalk and finds her room.  She enters the code into the door's panel and walks in.  The room is already partially decorated.  A bed, a work desk, a tall wardrobe in the corner and other small pieces of furniture.  She sits down on the bed and sighs.  She was officially on the team now.  She looks around the room and takes it all in.  The sunlight poured through the window above the desk.  The bed was comfortable and the blankets looks relatively new.  After resting for a few minutes, she finds a panel on the wall near the wardrobe and presses the button.  The wall opens up to show a bunch of holsters and racks for guns.  She places her pistols unto small wall mounts, but she keeps her rifle.  She presses another button on the wall and a smaller workbench pops out.  She smiles in excitement and grabs her chair and immediately starts disassembling her rifle.  This was something she liked to do to help ease stress. While working on her rifle, she hears a knock on her door. Oro slightly jumps in surprise.  She walks to her door and opens it to see Rapi waiting for her.

Rapi:

"Hi.  I'm Rapi.  You must be our new member.  I was hoping you'd like to take a stroll and talk."

Oro:

"Oh yeah I'd like that.  Thank you."  Oro leaves her rifle as it is and locks the door behind herself as she and Rapi start walking towards the courtyard of the Outpost.  Oro was amazed at the infrastructure in the Outpost.  It wasn't like the video and pictures she'd seen of the Ark, but it was still nice to her.  They walk in silence as Oro continues to look around.  Rapi just watches Oro smiling at Oro as she darted around looking at everything.  She was happy to have a new teammate. 

Rapi:

"How are things?  Have you encountered any issues since transferring here?"

Oro:

"Nothing at the moment, but I have the Commander on my mind." Rapi immediately stops in front of Oro and turns to her.

Rapi:

"What about him?"

Oro:

"Well I told him that I liked him and found him attractive.  He mentioned you when I brought it up.  Maybe we can talk about it?"  Oro was embarrassed yet again.  Rapi was her team leader and she felt out of line mentioning this.

Rapi:

"This...is normal?  Your systems are working correctly?" Rapi asks sharply.  Rapi hadn't moved from her spot yet.  

Oro:

"Uh...I think I'm working correctly.  That's a interesting way to handle this conversation."  Oro leaned on her hip and crossed her arms.  

Rapi:

"Hmm, you're sure nothing is wrong?"  Rapi now stood defensively.  She was trying to read Oro, but was having trouble. 

Oro:

"My systems are normal.  I think I'd know if I was compromised."

Rapi:

"Did Syuen put something in your head to make you like the Commander?"  Rapi's smile had now disappeared and she was focused on Oro's body language and words.

Oro:

"It's not that at all. There is nothing in my system of anything saying to target or harm the commander. I genuinely admire him and want to be beside him all the time."  Oro was starting to feel like there may have been bad blood between Rapi and Syuen that she wasn't aware of.

Rapi:

"If you ever hurt the commander I will personally deal with you." Rapi is dead serious.  Oro was shocked Rapi was so direct with her.  Oro didn't fully understand, but she took a deep breath and calmed down.

Oro:

"Understood. You have my word."  Oro felt the need to bow slightly after saying this.  Rapi nods her head in recognition.  They stand in front of each other for a few minutes in silence.  Rapi then relaxes and leans up against a nearby wall and sighs.

Rapi:

"I'm sorry Oro.  I was out of line.  I..." Rapi hesitates on her next word.

Oro:

"What's wrong?" Oro stepped a bit closer to Rapi.

Rapi:

"To be honest, I like him too.  I got a bit defensive.  You weren't here before this, but I've actually failed to protect him multiple times so I'm on edge when new variables are introduced.  I'm sorry."

Oro: 

"You have feelings for him too?"  Oro was surprised by this sudden change in tone in the conversation.  She was starting to understand things a bit better now. 

Rapi:
"For the last few months now actually.  Maybe longer?  I don't know.  I haven't put much thought into it nor have I told him."

Oro:

"Rapi, before we go further, we should be probably talk to the Commander about this.  He doesn't strike me as a bad person."

Rapi:

"Interesting you seem to trust him only having met him for a short time."

Oro:

"I'm sure he'd open to this conversation.  I don't want us competing for his attention."  Oro was urging Rapi to listen, but Rapi was slowly starting to shut down from the conversation.  

Oro:

"Rapi....what's wrong?  Did I say something wrong?" Oro tries to approach Rapi to comfort her.

Rapi:
"I can't do this right now."  Rapi walks away from Oro leaving her alone in the hallway they walked under to talk.  Then Rapi was gone.  Oro watched as she walked away and then eventually disappeared.  Oro decides to find a small bench and sits to digest what she just heard.  Oro thinks if she should even say anything at this point.  A few hours go by and Oro had already gone back to her room to resume fiddling with her rifle.  She re-attaches her scope sensor to her gun that was sent to her while she was away.  It was quiet outside.  The only sounds in her room was the clicking and beeps of her rifle and her sighs.  She felt bad about how her first conversation with Rapi went.  It was already proving to be a long day.  Oro finished with her rifle and mounted it on the wall.  The hooks grab the rifle and sink into a mold keeping the gun clean and secure.  She sits on the bed again basking in the loneliness the room created.  She was already feeling alienated.  She was new, but this felt like she was on an island alone to a degree.  The Commander was gone for the evening as well.  He had a meeting to attend regarding the Big 3.  He wasn't going to be available for at least another day.

Oro feeling the weight of being alone on her shoulders, she pushes back from her desk and leaves her room to find someone to talk to.  She had no idea where anyone was.  She decides she'll go at it alone and see what happens.  She walks around other areas of the Outpost.  She finds a nice elevation and scans the entire area.  She could see the Commander's Quarters off in the distance.  She sipped from bottle of water from a vending machine she found along the way.  The cold refreshing fluid helped her settle down and bask in the night time of the Outpost. She wondered how her life was going to be.  The missions she'd go on.  Whether or not Anis and Neon would like her.  A calm breeze blew at her hair as she continued to think about things ahead for her.

0