Chapter 32: Mission Complete
542 0 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words: 2,229

...

"This one is mine!"

Shinoa shouted gracefully while swinging her scythe and cutting off Beowulf's paw.

She jumped into the air and landed exactly on its head. She then grabbed the scythe with both hands and turned the blade in the opposite direction.

As a result, it entered Beowulf's skull from the back and came out through the forehead.

After that, she looked at me as if I should compliment her.

After watching the video on the ship Cortana received, I understood the level of strength of the strongest Hunters, including Qrow, Taiyang, and James himself.

I can't say I was particularly surprised.

During the training sessions, Shinoa could easily fight against Team RWBY, but with an experienced fighter like Qrow, she starts to lose.

Shinoa didn't lose immediately, but there's a noticeable difference in experience and physical abilities.

Rias is not a close fighter at all, but her physical strength is quite impressive due to her bloodline.

She can easily punch a hole in a meter-wide rock with her Destruction Magic.

She might be able to destroy several streets with hundreds of houses in one attack or even the top of a mountain.

Erina was not a fighter, and it's not like she even tried to be one.

She started experimenting with her new cooking abilities, and she might develop some semblance related to food, but that's just speculation.

After all, she's a pure human and doesn't have any magic or other energy, so she could very well get a Semblance.

However, Hermione...

"Bombarda!"

Hermione shouted while extending her hand forward. She quickly formed the spell at her fingertips before flying out at a good speed.

The spell hit another Beowulf in the nose that flew off its mask causing it to start disappearing immediately. 

Hermione may not have meant to attack Grimm because she thought of them as normal animals, but she did after reading about the world's history and learning that the God of Darkness created killing machines.

And yes, now that her aura is unlocked, she can cast spells without a wand. This fact delighted her so much that she decided to test her powers.

"Team! Yang, side left! Weiss, you're up for acceleration! Blake, you know what to do!"

Ruby shouted with a thrilling smile... and holding a huge scythe in her hands.

The Crescent Rose rushed forward when glyphs showed up under it giving Weiss speed.

Ruby was about to be attacked by the Grimm when another glyph appeared and helped her quickly turn around it.

Blake started shooting at the Grimm with her weapon to stop it from jumping at her as well.

Then the Grimm got distracted and didn't immediately realize who to attack which was used by Ruby who had already circled around it.

Yang charged at its back, causing it to groan and try to hit the "bug." Ruby used this as an opportunity to pierce it with her scythe while it was distracted. 

Meanwhile, Yang was attacking the second Grimm... and she stopped fighting head-on which was noticeable.

"Not bad."

I nodded and landed on the ground as I had been following them in the sky until then.

"I think Erina has already prepared food; we need to return."

I said.

"Don't leave me, Ruby!"

Yang yelled because Ruby used her Semblance to disappear after I spoke and quickly ran back.

"The cookies Erina made cost more than you."

Blake chuckled.

"Look who's talking."

Weiss retorted.

"The smell of seafood coming out from under her hand almost made you drool all over the table."

"That didn't happen..."

Blake muttered quietly while turning away.

In a few hours, our time in this world will come to an end, and we'll have to leave.

I went back to Patch Island with Winter yesterday. Winter asked me not to bring up their father in front of Weiss. 

Taiyang stayed up all night to ensure I didn't leave the room they provided me and didn't spy on his daughters...

Of course, he's a very jealous father, but he is grateful for his eldest daughter.

"Let's spar some more."

Yang said while clenching her fist, her eyes gleaming with the thirst for battle.

"Y-Y-Yang, stop bothering Tony!"

Ruby jumped out in front of Yang and stood with her arms outstretched.

"Oh, my little sister really has a crush on the boy... so we need to beat him up nicely. Ruby, go eat your cookies."

Yang continued to flex her hands.

"Maybe you should try sparring with Shinoa? There's more chance there."

I said with a smirk that only further excited Yang.

"Oh, you're usually so brave, and now you want to escape a fight?!"

Yang smiled even wider.

"Yang, stop bothering him. We're supposed to start training."

Weiss approached us.

"Me first!"

Yang exclaimed and rushed towards me with the desire... Well, the desire typical for her is to smash my cheeky face.

Throughout the day, I got to know Team RWBY pretty well.

We're not exactly friends yet, but Ruby clearly already considers us all as friends which made her very happy.

After the demonstrative lesson for Yang, she started yelling that I was too greedy... ahem anyway, I went to Weiss this time.

"Yesterday, I explained to you how your summoning works and even demonstrated my version. But now, let me help you."

I said to Weiss, and she nodded seriously. I circled around her and put my hands on her shoulders...

"D-Do you have to?"

I heard the Weiss' voice.

At the same time, Winter looked at us with an impenetrable gaze... as if trying to figure out whether she needed to start hitting me or not.

"It'll make it much easier for me to minimize the leakage of your aura into the summoning and influence it. Start by making a summoning glyph."

I requested while feeling her shoulders remain tense.

As I've mentioned before, the Summoning principle isn't particularly complex.

In fact, it's not even a traditional Summoning but it's more like an aura construct.

In essence, a golem. I knew how to help Weiss concentrate and minimize energy loss. 

After two hours, she managed to summon a full-fledged knight in armor.

"It was a pleasant weekend."

I heard Rias's voice.

Meanwhile, I was currently looking into data borrowed from Atlas.

Dust technology, androids, and much more.

Of course, many of these things were child's play to me, such as these androids that even an ordinary person could destroy.

Dust was slightly better, but I know how to create something better or just stronger.

A shield made of nanites that could withstand an attack from the Power Stone for some time... but not for long, but it was a very good result.

"I agree. When we return, I'll continue worrying about various supernatural beings, magic, demons, gods... aliens."

"You mentioned aliens... What are they?"

Rias sat down next to me looking at the forest.

We could hear Ruby's laughing, Weiss's complaints, and Yang's angry cries from this spot.

Qrow had already left somewhere yesterday, and as soon as he found out Winter would be here, he frowned and hurried away.

"In my universe, there are many of them, many, many. "

I used magic to create the illusion of Superman who tore apart huge alien ships with his bare fists.

Of course, nothing like this has happened yet, but I already know what he's capable of at the moment.

I showed the Atlantis, or what I knew about them from comics. I also showed the Green Lanterns, and among them were many aliens.

"They're very strong."

Rias whispered watching the battle created by the illusion.

"Why are you so worried about them? Earth has existed for a long time, and they didn't attack before."

"They did attack. A long time ago, Earth was invaded by alien gods from a higher dimension. They call themselves the 'New Gods' among many other names. Their leader Darkseid tried to conquer our planet, but he was stopped by Earth's Gods, the Amazons, humans, Green Lanterns, Atlanteans, and many other beings back then."

"And is he planning to attack again?"

Rias hit the mark, and she was only a bit embarrassed while smiling as she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I just assumed; I've seen that often in manga."

"I forgot that you're a fan of manga."

I chuckled.

"Do you find that funny?"

She raised an eyebrow.

"More like cute,"

I admitted.

"There are plenty of very powerful beings in your world too... so be careful. You already know a possible future, and that's to your advantage."

"Yes... I'm training. I still haven't decided what I should do... Oh, by the way, I told my peer about Group Chat."

Rias confessed.

"Hm, well, it's your choice."

I shrugged.

"You... you're not angry?"

Rias looked into my eyes, and she did it... in a feminine and cunning way.

"Why should I be angry? You're free to decide whether to talk about Group Chat or not. I haven't told anyone in my world, and I don't plan to. It's just... too much. Group Chat allows us to change our futures and the future of people around us. We've already done that. If it weren't for us, many people and hunters would have died two days ago. Beacon Academy would have been destroyed, and there would have been no communication between the kingdoms because of the destroyed communication tower. We changed that with our own powers and our appearance."

"I somehow didn't think about that."

Rias pressed her finger to her lips with a pensive expression.

"When I agreed to the mission, I imagined myself as the main heroine of a novel..."

Rias spoke slightly ashamedly.

After all, she's still my age which means she's basically a rich girl with a few quirks who is new to everything.

She's a demon, but demons aren't that different from humans in terms of psychology.

They also love, hate, scheme, try to live better, and so on.

The difference in race and obvious things like the supernatural world and all its consequences.

"Well... there's that."

I smirked and gently nudged her shoulder. Rias playfully did the same and then gently rested her head on my shoulder.

"But still, this isn't a novel, manga, or anime... it's life. And as long as we're mortal, we can die."

"As long as?"

Rias stretched out... that succubus.

"As long as. There are many ways to become stronger in the short term. For example, take Longinus Issei. He's way too much of a pervert."

I chuckled while noticing how Rias pinched me in the side slightly.

"I'm not planning on doing that, don't worry."

"Do you have something against perverts? You seem to be interested in Yang... or me."

Rias said it with interest and is waiting for my reaction.

"If I wasn't interested in you, I'd worry about my masculinity. It's quite normal to admire a girl's body and beauty. You just need to know how to control yourself and understand that bodies aren't everything. After all, I can create a female body from scratch, but even if the body is perfect, there's still personality. I will not feel safe around any girl, even if she looks perfect, has a crazy personality, and has a superiority complex."

I spoke as I imagined it.

"So the body isn't everything especially in a world where I can change my body."

"Are you sure you're not saying all this to impress me?"

Rias asked.

"Also, Hermione."

I smiled with the corner of my mouth, and we heard an "Oops" from the direction of the house.

"Ara-ara, someone enjoys eavesdropping?"

Rias stood up and smirked at Hermione.

"I was just passing by..."

Hermione muttered while crossing her arms under her growing chest.

"How are you feeling? We'll be returning soon."

I asked.

"Hmm, strange... It's as if I'm about to wake up, and everything will disappear."

Hermione said.

"A new world, all these technologies, Grimm, Aura... I feel like a little girl, newly arrived at the school of magic."

"I know the feeling."

I nodded.

"It's like everything around us is a dream or a fairytale. But don't think about it too much, or you might fall into depression,"

I said and created a magical seal under Hermione that quickly rose up and disappeared while leaving Hermione slightly embarrassed with witch attire.

"Kya!"

Hermione exclaimed abruptly, sitting up and causing the illusion to dissipate immediately.

"Tony!"

The angry hamster looked at me.

"Sorry, sorry,"

I apologized by raising my hands, but I ignored Rias laughing on the side.

"It was just an illusion. What will you do when you return to Hogwarts?"

I quickly changed the subject.

"Okay, I'll forget your illusion tricks... How did you do that?"

Hermione asked while examining herself.

"As for returning, I'm not sure... continue studying?"

"I used a magical seal. It's from Rias' world; it really simplifies the use of certain types of magic. It might also be useful for you. I'll send you a copy when we return."

I explained.

"Thank you!"

Hermione immediately brightened up after learning that she would receive some interesting books.

We may wish we could avoid problems for a little longer, but all good things must come to an end.

Our time in the world of Remnant has come to an end.

...

patreon.com/Sothisq

You can find up to 20 advance chapters on my patreon.

33