Chapter 33: Return
664 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words: 2,134

...

"Are you absolutely sure you have to go?"

Ruby asked sadly.

"Yes,"

I nodded and approached her to hug her. Ruby blushed and nestled into my chest.

"Magic and all that, we'll just disappear soon and return home."

I said.

"And you'll be able to return using magic?"

Ruby clarified without looking up.

"Ruby... you're so trusting."

Yang shook her head.

"He's deliberately trying to pique your interest so you fall into his trap, but don't worry, I am here to help in such situations."

Yang added while slightly pushing her chest forward and placing her hands on my shoulders.

"We've seen so much from them... I could almost believe it was magic."

Blake spoke who had been getting along quite well with us especially with Nakiri.

Also, with Shinoa, she often sparred with her because she almost managed to defeat Adam.

"I'm grateful to you for helping me learn to summon."

Weiss said stiffly in her combat clothes while glancing at Winter.

Winter probably spent time with us to gather as much information as possible, and she offered us a place in Atlas.

She simply doesn't quite understand where we're going, but it's understandable that it's related to magic.

"And I was glad to meet you... snow angel."

I smirked and tried to embrace Weiss, but she jumped back and started to look at Yang and me attentively.

"Did you tell him about that?!"

Weiss asked with annoyance.

"What? I don't understand what you're... about our snow angel... pfft-ha-ha,"

Yang diverted her gaze. She couldn't hold it and added with a smirk at the end.

"Goodbye."

I waved to them.

"Bye-bye."

Shinoa repeated.

"Yep."

Hermione nodded followed by Rias and Irina.

After saying goodbye to the RWBY team and Winter and Taiyang, we walked into the forest, and I made sure we were not being monitored.

"And that's the end of the first mission."

I said while looking at the timer.

We had four minutes left.

"Yeah, I enjoyed it."

Hermione said.

"It was scary at first... but I saved so many people, and now I can cast spells without a wand."

Hermione said this while pointing her hand at a stone and uttering the levitation spell causing the stone to float.

"Only the strongest wizards can do this, like Professor Dumbledore."

"Have you started learning Occlumency?"

I asked while we stood as a group in one place, waiting for the end of time.

"No."

Hermione shook her head.

"I've only been studying Legilimency or rather just reading books about it. Did you know that it was first mentioned in books in the year 1243?"

"We live in different worlds."

Erin said it without the armor just like Hermione. They had returned the armor to me an hour before this moment.

"If someone can read your thoughts, I'd better try to learn how to resist it."

Shinoa chimed in.

"You're the smartest witch at Hogwarts in your generation."

I said looking at her embarrassed face.

"And now you've seen that there are people capable of overtaking cars with various abilities. There are gods and other powerful beings... It's precisely this knowledge that pushes me forward. I want to be strong enough to face any threat to my loved ones... and now you can also consider yourselves among my loved ones."

I said it honestly.

"How sweet, Administrator-kun is trying to touch our hearts to get us to get into his bed?"

Shinoa tilted her head questioningly.

"Pervert..."

Hermione muttered quietly, and Erin nodded.

"But I understand what you mean. I've seen what you're capable of, especially Rias and Tony. I haven't seen that from Dumbledore, and I didn't feel that oppressive force. He's a great wizard, but apparently that's not enough, right?"

Hermione asked uncertainly.

"It's very little, but your aura is open now, you've become physically stronger, and you have access to wandless magic. You now have a lot of possibilities when it comes to magic. Especially with the Dimensional Store, you can acquire knowledge from old wizards like Merlin if you have enough points."

"Got it."

Hermione nodded confidently.

"Erin, what do you plan to do when you return?"

I looked at Erina.

"Hmm, I'll continue doing what I love—cooking. It will obviously be easier for me with Aura, but... I've brought some fruits and their seeds with me. I'll try to grow them back home; they taste wonderful. But now I feel like a little girl..."

"You are one."

Shinoa added.

"...If there are an infinite number of worlds, then there must be an infinite variety of food, seeds, fruits, and vegetables. But I've seen the dangers in this world, and if I'm weak, I won't achieve anything. Maybe I'll ask Grandpa to hire martial arts teachers for me."

Erina explained what she plans to do when she returns to her world.

"I'll continue training to take fate into my own hands."

Rias answered briefly.

"I already miss my peer even though it was interesting with you."

Rias smiled and carefully walked up to me to kiss me on the cheek.

"For a very pleasant company,"

Rias was clearly trying to keep herself together and not show the embarrassment on her face that she couldn't completely hide.

Now each of us began to be enveloped in some kind of light, and I saw how Rias started to disintegrate into pieces of light.

The time had come to an end.

...

"It's hard to get used to this feeling."

I swayed slightly on the spot as I opened my eyes and saw the same room where I had accepted the mission.

"Cortana?"

"I'm here."

I heard her voice.

"All my functions are working normally. I can no longer maintain contact with the subroutines left on Remnant. It's very strange to realize that just seven seconds ago, I was very, very far away."

"Indeed. Can you replay the moment of my disappearance?"

I asked to see how much time had passed since I had last been seen, and as expected, two hours had passed.

A day there equals one hour here.

Immediately, Cortana played the video from two hours ago, where I also disappeared and disintegrated into light pieces.

The same thing happened a couple of moments ago when I returned.

"Back to work again."

I sighed and began to check what had happened during these two hours but nothing serious had occurred.

The "Clean Energy" project still ranked first in Luthor Engineering.

Cortana had already published my scientific work, and everything was the same as it had been when I left.

"Cortana, we have work to do."

I smiled while placing the armor cases on the table. In addition to them, various Dust samples had been obtained from General. But before that...

[Mission: Battle for Beacon]

[Objective: Prevent Beacon Academy from falling to the Grimm's territory.]

[Description: Description: The monsters will soon ring out in the Remnant again. One of the academies guarding the world from destruction due to the Grimm creatures may cease to exist. The threat of death looms over thousands, and their negative emotions will attract an even greater calamity.]

[Duration: 2 days]

[Number of participants: Unlimited]

[Reward: 10,000 CP]

[The reward will be divided depending on the contribution of participants."

[Status: Completed]

I saw the first panel as soon as I entered the Chat.

After that, this panel disappeared, and another one appeared—the reward calculation.

[Main Mission Reward: 6,200 CP.]

[Additional Task 1: Saved: 90% of Vale City]

[Reward: 2,000 CP]

[Additional Task 2: Rescue as many people as possible.]

[Rescued: 3,785]

[Reward: 1850 CP]

[Additional Task 3: Destroy as many Grimm creatures as possible.]

[Destroyed: 5234]

[Reward: 1,400 CP]

Based on the reward received, it is divided among the entire group.

The reward for additional tasks is divided among each participant depending on their contribution.

Well, I really made a significant contribution by capturing the airship and then dealing with the Grimm Wyvern.

I didn't kill as many and didn't save, but because of the bombardment from the captured airship and minimizing the damage from all the killed Grimm...

[Chat Points: 16,703]

It's a lot of points for one mission. But I need to go to the Group Chat.

Hermione Granger: In my room.

Rias Gremory: I also teleported to the same place where I was standing in my club in Kuoh, and I received a total of 1,600 CP!

Hermione Granger: I got 850 CP. Well, I really didn't do much compared to you.

Shinoa Hiragi: I got 1620! That's how boobs lose.

Rias Gremory: What⁈

Shinoa Hiragi: Nothing...

Erina Nakiri: I got the least—700 CP.

Rias Gremory: Don't worry about it; you were just a regular person before this, so no one looks down on you. You tried your best anyway.

Shinoa Hiragi: Administrator-kun is silent, and apparently, he received a lot of points... baka-hentai administrator.

Hermione Granger: Tony did a lot. He managed to regain control of the airship from those who organized all that horror, and he also fought with that girl, who must be very strong since even Shinoa said she was unlikely to defeat her.

Hermione Granger: He also helped many injured... I think for his contribution to the mission, he really deserves it. Moreover, if it weren't for him, I doubt I would have been able to get even a hundred points.

Shinoa Hiragi: Administrator-kun has already conquered your heart...

Hermione Granger: Shinoa!

Hermione Granger: Stop being so naughty! I could almost think you're from Slytherin with your love for teasing!

Shinoa Hiragi: It's just a fact. Are you trying to say that your girlish heart didn't skip a beat when he managed to pull out a HUGE... rock from the ground? Yes. My virgin spot tingled at that moment...

Rias Gremory: You're exaggerating a bit.

Shinoa Hiragi: You're just jealous that I have more points.

Anthony (Administrator): I see you've already received your reward. What are you planning to do with it?

Shinoa Hiragi: And here comes the panty... heart snatcher.

Hermione Granger: I'm thinking of some ancient book of spells.

Anthony (Administrator): That's what I expected from you...

Shinoa Hiragi: I'm thinking of trying to buy "Demon Immunity Potion C - 1000 CP."

Rias Gremory: Well, according to you these demons can really affect you a lot when you're too emotional... what about the remaining points?

Hermione Granger: Apparently, she has already bought and tried it since she's silent.

Rias Gremory: Everything I want is too expensive...

Anthony (Administrator): Do you want Longinus?

Rias Gremory:...

Shinoa Hiragi: I'm here, and now I don't feel the influence of Shi at all... strange feeling... but I like it.

Hermione Granger: Have you already spent a thousand Chat Points? That was quick...

Shinoa Hiragi: I've chosen this potion a long time ago, so there was no point in waiting.

Erina Nakiri: I purchased "Basics of Ki Control! C - 100. It's a strange feeling... my Aura has become more flexible, and it feels like I can now sense its movement at some distance.

I moved away from the chat window and threw some fire dust into the analyzer.

"Cortana, please isolate it."

I said it aloud, and immediately protective screens emerged around the area. I quickly initiated the analysis and began monitoring the data.

"Well, as I thought. It's hard for me to determine accurately what it is. After all, Kryptonians are scientists, not magicians."

I nodded to my thoughts.

With my current amount of CP, I could easily purchase something useful.

For example, new technologies or something that could make me even stronger... and speaking of the latter, it's the magic of this world.

I already have knowledge of magic from three worlds, but not from my own.

From what I remember, all energies in this universe are somehow centered around two points and these are positive and negative energies.

I'm not exactly sure how magic originated here, but what I remember is connected to Hecate and her hatred for betraying Olympus.

It was Hecate who gave power to the Lords of Order—the power of the Upside-Down Man from the dark multiverse that slowly corroded them.

In general, this is one of the versions, but it all boils down to the fact that energy comes from the source and one's own willpower.

'Damn multiverse... Why couldn't I wake up in the world of Pokémon? Or in the same RWBY where two gods rule the entire universe,'

I muttered.

Nevertheless, these two gods would be good starting material for a fight.

Of course, right now, I'm weak, but my sword could still hurt them.

It's still made of godly metal, but what difference does it make to what it can do if I simply won't be able to do it.

They're just stronger and faster, and they'll crush me with their naked power.

...

patreon.com/Sothisq

You can find up to 20 advance chapters on my patreon.

15