Chapter 11: The One Who Brings Change
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The streetlights outside the bakery were switched on and one could see people working in the bakery outside the glass barrier.

Everybody was busy and in a hurry.

Except for the inhabitant of the room.

Laying under the covers, sound asleep, Annie was hugging Teddy so tightly, that it was hard for him to breathe. His eyes were moving around panicked. He was not trying to escape an inch from her grasp, because even he understood she needed the sleep. The events that had unfolded were already traumatizing enough.

After what happened in London, Newt managed to find Annie in the winery and he disapparated them. They apparated back to New York, in Kowalski’s bakery.

Annie still felt like she wanted to take it all out on herself, but by the time they got back in New York, she had realized what had happened was not either of their fault.

They were there for an entirely different reason.

She was sure had Newt known they were to be attacked he wouldn’t have taken them there in the first place. Besides, she was 100% sure that Newt was also feeling guilty.

Poor Newt was 13 years older than her and still, he was more child-like on the inside with her, which usually inspired her but now.. she felt sorry for him because she knew he would torture himself.

She hoped Tina would help him in that regard.

If Newt was even slightly guilty, she was just as much.

She forced him to take her with him in London. They attacked them because they were looking for her.

She regretted putting him and the magical beasts in danger. She had to live with that too.

"I am sorry...", She mumbled in her sleep.

Teddy heard her and put his paw on her cheek as if saying "It's all right, girl. Everything's going to be okay."

.

.

As the sun was setting, Kowalski and Queenie were sitting at a table in the middle of the now-empty bakery. The bakery was closed, so the pastries and all of the ovens and equipment had disappeared, probably magically.

"How's Annie?", Jacob asked while checking the stock of the bakery.

"She is okay.", Queenie replied while playing with his hair and continued after sighing, "It's just... I wanted to hug her and comfort her. She's just a kid who has to endure all of this at such a tender age. Especially, her past. On top of that, now Grindelwald is after her. Sigh! My heart breaks for her."

"Baby!", Jacob looked at his wife who had tears streaming down her cheeks, and quickly comforted her by saying, "Don't worry, honey! She might be a kid but she is very mature emotionally. She's going to be fine. She is strong."

"But..."

"But, you can hug her after she wakes up. That might calm you down."

As if on cue, Annie walked toward them and greeted them, "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Kowalski!"

Not being able to control her emotions, Queenie stood up, ran straight to her, and hugged her tightly while exclaiming, “My sweet girl! Thank God! You’re back home safe and sound!”

Annie could feel her wet cheeks touching her neck. So, she hugged her back.

“Honey, we were both worried, but I think Annie would find it difficult to endure your hugs.”, Jacob smiled and winked at Annie. She smiled back.

Queenie laughed and let go of her.

“Come on, let’s eat. You must be hungry.”, Queenie led Annie to the back of the bakery with Jacob following them behind.

Night,

SQUEEK SQUEEK SQWEEK

Something was tickling Annie.

She frowned. She hated being tickled. She opened her eyes quickly, the sleep going away. For now.

Looking down, she realized that she was holding Teddy. Maybe a bit too tight, because his eyes were widened. She relaxed her hands around him and he purred, satisfied.

“So, you can’t handle a bit too much touch, huh Teddy? What happens when you’re going to have kids?”, She asked him playfully.

The niffier looked at her, horrified, as if saying “What? I don’t need kids because gold is my kid. I don’t want to get separated from it. Please.”

Annie laughed and winked, giving the little fella some thoughts to contemplate on and tickled him.

SQUEEK SQUEEK SQWEEK

Suddenly,

“Hello, Annie!”

"What the f-?!"

Annie almost jumped out of bed hearing somebody greet her out of the blue.

However, when she realized that it was just Dumbledore sitting on a chair across the room tickling Teddy, she calmed down a little. Just a little bit.

"H-hello Professor Dumbledore!", She greeted him back while getting up on the bed and glaring at Teddy for escaping from her grasp.

"How are you, Annie?", Dumble asked her while playing with Teddy.

"I'm fine."

Dumbledore smiled reassuringly at Annie and asked, “Excuse me for coming inside your room uninvited however, this is extremely important."

He said seriously, "I know it might not be pleasant. But, I wanted to ask you a lot of questions regarding the incident that occurred at Knockturn Alley but one is the most urgent."

"If it can help you, then I am ready to answer any question you might have for me.", Annie replied also with a serious expression.

If Dumbledore was serious about something, then it meant that whatever he was concerned with was dangerous and possibly, fatal.

He cleared his throat and asked, "Did the men who were looking for you in the winery mention anything about anyone? Like a name or a title, perhaps?”

Remembering all that had happened, Annie’s smile faded away from her face.

Dumbledore sighed, uncomfortable, and pleaded, "Just try to recall that. Please, Annie.”

Annie went back to the winery, all that those men said and something stood out.

"Oh, yes! There was something.", Annie remembered after some time.

"Oh! What is that?"

"When I was hiding in the winery, the dark wizards whispered among themselves about something. I think they mentioned someone."

"Who?"

"The One Who Brings Change!"

Instantly, the color drained off of Dumbledore's face and he became pale like a ghost.

"What happened?", Annie asked with concern.

Without replying to anything, he just bolted out of the room.

Annie looked at Teddy, who was lying on the floor, playing with Dumbledore's watch, and asked, confused,

“What did I just say?”

1