The Rescue
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kosuke... I won't let you down" Inara thinks.

*Swoosh

Inara ran as fast as he could to Kosuke's house where the chakra signal of his Suzu bell was coming from.

...

*Thud

At Kosuke's house

Inara bursts through the door and sees a faint cloud of smoke around the house.

"No... no no no no no no!" Inara yells and runs around the house looking for Kosuke.

"KOSUKE!"

Inara continues to search the house.

"KOSUKEEE! ! !" Inara shouts with a shaking voice.

"Huh?" Inara looks down the kitchen hallway at a slightly broken door.

"Kosuke..." Inara mumbles desperately.

Opening the door forcefully, Inara realizes that there were signs of a fight all over the house, so much so that the door he just opened was slightly jammed, probably because it was kicked in or damaged in the fight.

*Crraaack

"Uh" Inara exclaims and opens the door.

Upon opening the door, Inara notices that there is a light fog on the floor of the room, and upon looking closer, Inara sees Suzu's bell crumpled on the floor and the slightly damaged floor around it, indicating an attempt to destroy it.

"Kosuke... ahhh shit... SHIT *Thump" Inara complains, hitting the ground.

...

"Uh?" Inara noticed some kind of light dust on his hand after the punch.

There was a light purple powder on Inara's hand.

Inara observed the powder carefully and investigated further, running his finger across the floor of the room and marking his finger with a thin layer of purple powder.

"An anesthetic gas... damn" Inara said with a sigh.

After the sigh, Inara looked down at the floor and noticed footprints. Eventually he realized that several footprints in the sleeping powder led to the open window.

Knowing that every second counted at that moment, Inara quickly used the window as propulsion to climb to the highest roof of the nearby house.

"Kage bushin no jutsu"

*Puff puff puff puff puff

Inara had created 5 clones that went to the surrounding rooftops to look for any suspicious movements.

Inara himself was still on the roof where he had decided to look for movement, and was extremely distressed when his clones failed to find any information.

"There !" one of the clones shouted.

*Puff

The clone disappeared into the distance.

As the clone disappears, Inara gets the clone's memory.

Inara has a thought in his mind, as if it were something he experienced, where he sees three men running with someone on the back of one of them.

The cloak covering the unconscious person being carried by the 3 men was a bit misplaced, so much so that the moment the clone looked at it, he could see the arm with Kosuke's characteristic tattoo.

*Puff puff puff puff

"Hyouton : Kōri no michi"

*Puoshh

Inara causes an ice road to form, pushing him forward at an absurd speed, then the ice road behind him crumbles into water and falls into the middle of the city of Amegakure.

Inara surfs towards the criminals.

"I can't hold this jutsu for long, two elemental folds take a lot of chakra... but I won't fail again" Inara thinks.

Inara pursues the criminals and finally catches up with them well outside the village.

The criminals are aware of Inara's presence.

"Oh shit, that bastard..." one of the criminals says.

"Gen'ei Tajū Shuriken"

The criminal throws 4 shurikens, which, once his jutsu is executed, multiply into a swarm of an average of 60 shurikens heading towards Inara.

Inara continues to surf on his ice road, but this time he propels him into the air, somersaults, and says.

"Hyouton: Kōri no kyūtai."

Inara, in the middle of his backflip, throws an ice ball underneath him and kicks it at the shurikens.

*Tchim tchim tchim tchim tchim tchim

The shurikens disperse in the air.

Inara's ice ball loses some of its speed so that Inara can reach it in the air, but before it hits him, Inara focuses a chakra cape on his foot and kicks the ice ball toward the criminal who threw the shurikens.

"EEEEEEYY!" Inara yells, kicking the ice ball.

*PUMMMM

*SWOOOOSSHHHHHH

The ice ball moves at a speed almost invisible to the naked eye.

*PUMMMM

*Crack

The ball hits the one of the criminals.

"Ahhhhhh ! ! !" The criminal screams in pain.

The 3 criminals stop.

"Hamada! ! !" The prisoner carrying Kosuke shouts.

*Plack

Inara lands on the ground.

"Humph humph humph" Inara sighs, exhausted from the large amount of chakra he used.

Hyouton-style jutsus use a large amount of chakra because they manipulate two natural forces, water and wind, so Inara knew that using these styles of jutsu would put him at great risk on the battlefield, but luckily for him, one of the criminals was heavily damaged, giving him time to recover.

"Humph... uh?" Inara recognized the three criminals.

Their names were Miura, Hamada and Yamasaki, all former police officers of the Amegakure Special Forces.

"Miura, you fought at my side in the war, what the hell are you doing?" Inara shouts.

Miura avoids eye contact with Inara as he hands the unconscious Kosuke over to Yamasaki.

Watching Kosuke's exchange with the other criminal, Inara turns his attention to saving Kosuke.

"Look, I don't care about your miraculous ideas or whatever, the village is in a political and military fiasco because of this crisis you created" Inara shouted.

"SHUT UP!" Miura shouted.

"You fought this senseless fucking war at my side, you saw many of our brothers die in this fucking war against the great nations, do you really think we'll survive by playing fair? DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO OSHIRO?" Miura shouts in anger.

Inara closes himself in astonishment.

"You must have seen his blood all over the floor... IS THIS FOR PEACE INARA?" Miura shouts with his voice shaking.

Inara looks at him shocked and without reaction.

Inara thinks for a moment and watches as Miura tries to calm Hamada down.

"Miura... we have survived hell, I know that, but if you lose faith in those who once fought by your side, you will be the perfect opening for the real enemy... OUR ENEMY!" Inara yells, looking at Miura.

Miura stops what he is doing and looks at Inara, his speech seems to make him pay attention.

"This fucking war, these powerful ninjas who believe that peace comes through tyranny, most of them are shitheads from a golden cradle who don't understand what it's like to be on the front lines fighting for peace... a peace that according to them comes from blood, that makes no sense, will of fire MY ASS!" Inara says, pausing for a moment.

"if we lose the trust on our own family, our own village, will we be the easiest target in the ninja world" Inara says.

"Oshiro was one of the consequences of our need to survive for now, for political and military stability, before all these deaths were necessary to survive the war, so Miura... don't complicate things further by starting a war against your brothers, because if not, this time... every death... will be our fault" Inara says without taking his focus off Miura for a moment.

Miura breaks eye contact, looks down, confused, sad... turns his gaze to Inara with the expression of a lost child and then closes his eyes again with hatred.

...

"I didn't kill Oshiro..." Miura says, shaking with hate.

//
 
Author note 
 
10 chapters ahead at patreon.com/persima

0