Chapter 9 – Misty’s Inn and Second Skill
206 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Misty's Inn]

 

Kibo rushed through the entrance as he couldn't wait to learn his new skill, and just before he could run up the stairs to the room, he was blocked by the little girl.

"What the hell are you doing? Get out of my way right now!"

Her arms were crossed, and her ears pointed sharply towards the ceiling. Her demeanour took Kibo by surprise, and numerous questions raced through his mind, 'Did something happen? Why is she acting like this? Why isn't she wearing her hat?' His line of thought was cut off.

"What were you doing last night?" she mentioned shyly.

"What do you mean what I was doing last night? You know I was injured, in fact where were you last night shouldn't you be checking up on your guests?"

Her cheeks turned bright red at that response, and she couldn't believe what he was saying. 'He spent all night with Ayane in the room alone, and he is now saying I should have come as well!'

She quickly hid behind her hands from embarrassment and muttered, "You pervert!"

"Huh, I don't understand?"

Seeing Kibo's genuine expression of confusion, she asked, "You spent all night with Ayane, are you d-d-ating her!" she spluttered as she hid her face again from embarrassment.

"No. No. No. You have the wrong idea. I was not awake and only woke up in the morning. She stayed all night to make sure I was okay. She was only worried about my wellbeing." he explained.

She separated two fingers, revealing her eye after hearing a genuine sounding explanation.

"I-I see, I apologise for accusing you," she muttered. 

"It's okay little girl."

Kibo walked past her nonchalantly and thought everything was cleared up now only for him to receive a kick to his leg.

"Ow! What was that for?"

She tightened her fists by her side and stiffened her shoulders as she looked up to Kibo with her narrowed green eyes.

"How dare you call me a little girl again! I'm not a little girl!" she argued.

"Huh, but you are a little girl, you look like you're 12 or something."

"I'm 16!"

Kibo's eyes widened in surprise. 'Wait she is 16? In what world does she look 16? She's only one year younger than me, but she looks like she is 12! Is it something to do with her being half feline? Maybe they age faster or something I don't know.'

"Alright, I'll believe you. If I can't call you little girl, what's your name?"

"It's H-har…"

"Har?"

"...Haruno." she murmured as her anger disappeared in an instant, and she became shy once again.

"I see, well I have something important to do in my room Haruno, I hope I can trust you to make sure no one disturbs me?" he politely requested.

She quickly cheered up and replied, "Of course, leave it to me!"

Kibo walked up the remaining steps and headed towards his room. He made sure no one else was in the corridor by looking behind. Once everything was clear, he entered and locked the door. He headed over to his bed and sat down as he simultaneously took off his bag. He pulled out the skill book and placed his palm on it. In front of the book, the familiar words appeared once again suspended in the air.

Passive Skill: The Final Dodge (Lvl:1)

Skill Grade: S

Mana Consumption: 100,000

Description: Increases the users dodging ability by 10%

 

Kibo's heart started to beat rapidly, not knowing what fate laid ahead of him. The possibility of him possessing the mana capacity to be able to learn a passive skill sent chills up his spine. His entire life could change for the better or for worse.

He started to reminisce as his palm lost its strength and fell off the book he was holding in his other hand. The words suspended in the air also disappeared as Kibo fell back onto his bed. 

'On Earth, there are a few people who can learn passive skills, but they were one of the strongest amongst us. On the other hand, I was suppressed by being forced to sign a contract which made me unable to develop my abilities. They were afraid of what I would become…' 

'At the time, I didn't mind at all since I had considered my power to be a curse which took my mother away from me and brought nothing but misery. After the failed experiments, I had met the one shining ray of hope. The one who saved me. The one who brought the colour back to my life and took the pain away.'

'Mrs Evelyn Grace... she looked after me and helped me get better. Once I got more comfortable being outside, she enrolled me into an elite high school saying things will get better, but things never got better. The one person who I thought I could trust turned their back on me as well. I had no one...no one!'

A single tear rolled down his cheek, Kibo tightened his fist as much as possible as his sadness was overcome with rage.

"Never again! I will never lose anybody I care about again. They tried going for my life, but I survived. I need to stop playing around and start getting stronger."

Kibo stood back up and placed his palm on the book with the utmost conviction. He was prepared to face all the consequences of his actions.

"Learn The Final Dodge!"

An eerie silence filled the air before wind swirled around him as his body levitated into the air. The symbols from the pages left the book one by one as it spun around him until ultimately they all rushed towards him as it entered his mind. His eyes turned completely white, and his hair glowed in the same colour.

 

His body hanging in the air slowly touched back down as the wind around him dissipated. The glow slowly disappeared until Kibo came back to consciousness.

 

╔══════════════ "°❈° " ══════════════╗

Passive Skill The Final Dodge Successfully Learned

╚══════════════ "°❈° " ══════════════╝ 

Passive Skill: The Final Dodge (Active)

Level 1: Dodging ability increased by 10%

Next Level: Increases dodging ability to 20%

 

As Kibo slowly came back to his senses, he noticed the new words suspended in the air in front of him. He gazed fiercely at the words, and he dismissed them right after as thought about his future.

 

'Tomorrow morning, I need to go back to that goblin dungeon and annihilate it myself. No more time-wasting. My highest priority is to gain new summons, and nothing will get in my way.'

9