Chapter 1 Magical Magic
423 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Inside a small three-story building near the village of Ottery St Catchpole, eleven-year-old Kyle Chopper stood by the window, carefully studying the parchment in his hand.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Chopper,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

...

Yes, it was the Hogwarts acceptance letter.

Ever since he transmigrated here eleven years ago, Kyle had been waiting for this day.

As for why he was so sure, it was simple. Because not far from his house lived several other special families.

Among them, the ones Kyle was most familiar with were the Lovegoods, the editors of The Quibbler, and the Weasley family.

Especially the latter. Their incredibly strange house and the family's red hair instantly confirmed the nature of this world to Kyle.

It's worth mentioning that being able to live here also meant that Kyle, in this life, came from a wizarding family.

His father, Chris Chopper, worked at the Ministry of Magic as the Deputy Head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures and the Head of the Beast Division. Thanks to his family's inherited talent for communicating with magical creatures, he was also a renowned Magizoologist, one of the few students of Newt Scamander.

His mother, Diana Chopper, also worked at the Ministry of Magic, but in the Department of Mysteries. However, Kyle didn't know exactly what she did. He had tried to pry information out of them in various ways, but all attempts failed. His parents were clearly very good at keeping secrets and hadn't revealed even a shred of information.

Family background... well, since his ancestors hadn't produced any prominent figures, it could only be described as ordinary. Compared to those famous surnames like Dumbledore and Grindelwald, they were far behind.

However, even so, Kyle was already very satisfied. At least both his parents were wizards, so there was no doubt he would be able to enter Hogwarts.

Unless he was a Squib.

But that possibility was ruled out after his first magical outburst at the age of three.

Although he had known this day would come, when the owl actually pecked open his bedroom window with the letter, Kyle was so excited he almost jumped up.

He held the parchment like a treasure, refusing to let it go even when he slept, looking at it every now and then.

...

"Darling, you've been looking at that acceptance letter for three days now, can you put it down? I assure you it's definitely real!"

Chris looked helplessly at his son, who had started giggling again, and couldn't help but remind him, "Don't forget that we agreed to go to Diagon Alley with the Weasleys next door today, don't let them wait too long."

"Okay, Dad, I'm coming."

Hearing this, Kyle quickly put away the Hogwarts acceptance letter he had read countless times, stood up hurriedly, and knocked on a wooden stump next to him, "Groot, I'm leaving."

As soon as he finished speaking, a little green guy jumped out and waved at Kyle.

There were magical creatures in Kyle's house, but not many. Besides this Bowtruckle named Groot, there was also a Kneazle named Tom.

Although, as the Deputy Head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Chris could easily keep a dozen or twenty magical creatures, he didn't do so. Even Groot and Tom were only kept because they refused to leave.

It wasn't that Chris disliked magical creatures, but he believed that magical creatures shouldn't be kept by wizards.

The ones kept at home could only be called pets.

On this point, the middle-aged gentleman, who was usually gentle and known as a good guy in the Ministry of Magic, was very firm.

His view was also supported by Newt Scamander.

Newt also believed that magical creatures should be in nature and had always done so.

As for why there were so many magical creatures in his magical suitcase, it was purely because of Newt's own physique.

Kyle had met the old man, and more than once, so he was sure.

Just like a certain magical detective who never ages, Newt Scamander also had a similar physique.

Kyle clearly remembered that when he was five years old, while walking in the garden with Newt, he witnessed a Golden Snidget fly straight into Newt's arms.

It should be noted that Golden Snidgets were natural masters of Apparition. Although they weren't very intelligent and wouldn't deliberately hide themselves like other magical creatures, they had a very strong sense of territory and awareness of danger.

Once they sensed the approach of wizards or other creatures that posed a threat to them, they would immediately flee.

The first sentence in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" describing the Golden Snidget is: "Only to be admired from afar, never to be approached."

However, such a Golden Snidget just flew straight into Newt's arms, without any deviation.

It was simply ridiculous.

And when he was seven years old, again with Newt, they encountered a Salamander.

Eight years old, a wounded Unicorn.

Ten years old, a Fire Crab that almost became a cauldron.

...

Among these magical creatures, some had escaped after being smuggled into the British magical world, and some had wandered over somehow. They always appeared around Newt in various unimaginable ways.

And this was while Newt was staying at home.

Back when he was traveling the world with his suitcase, sending magical creatures home, the situation was much more serious than it was now.

For every magical creature he sent home, there were a dozen or twenty new ones that came to him. Over time, it was no wonder that there were so many animals in his suitcase.

...

With this special talent, it was no wonder that Newt was blacklisted by almost all Ministries of Magic.

After all, before meeting Newt, those magical creatures weren't very good-tempered, especially those that were injured or pregnant. They would explode at the slightest provocation.

Imagine, you're leisurely drinking afternoon tea on the street when suddenly a Manticore or a Nundu pops out next to you, going berserk... Tsk, that scene, just thinking about it is enough to make one break out in a cold sweat.

So, what about Gellert, what about Voldemort, the Dark Lords who had to personally cause destruction? Just this? Too weak, right?

Look at Mr. Newt, if he wants a place to disappear, he doesn't even need to lift a finger. Just buy a plane ticket and stay there for three to five days, drink coffee, enjoy the scenery, and afterwards, he doesn't even have to bear the consequences.

That's why Grandma Tina is so great. She single-handedly sealed Newt by her side. It's no exaggeration to say that the whole world owes her an Order of Merlin, First Class.

It's just that the British magical world suffered.

According to incomplete statistics, since Newt settled in Dorset, incidents involving magical creatures in the Ministry have been growing exponentially. The British magical world has also inexplicably become the favorite place for smugglers to dispose of their goods, without any close second.

Fortunately, although there have been countless incidents, big and small, over the years, none of them have caused any serious consequences. At most, some unlucky person suffered a minor injury.

Presumably, as the birthplace of Mr. Newt, this place probably also has a passive buff.

However, Chris wasn't so lucky. Because of his job, he had to work overtime for several days every once in a while.

But from what Kyle saw, he seemed to enjoy it.

...

As he walked out the door, Kyle noticed that besides Chris, his mother Diana had also rarely returned early from the Ministry of Magic and was standing there smiling at him.

Her long black hair was meticulously styled, and the black robe with white trim looked both elegant and dignified on her. When she looked at Kyle, her light blue eyes were filled with tenderness.

Elegant and intellectual.

This was Kyle's impression of Diana.

Subconsciously, Kyle turned to look at Chris... well, he was a bit handsome and still had some of the charm he had when he was younger. They looked good together.

The most important thing was that Chris didn't have a receding hairline. Even though he was almost forty, the distance between his hairline and his eyebrows was still only about an inch. This formed a stark contrast with Mr. Weasley next door.

Of course, with such strong genes, Kyle's appearance was naturally not bad. Among the people he knew, he could at least be ranked first. At a young age, he already had the tendency to cause the downfall of a nation.

Of course, this wasn't important, and Kyle never cared about it. He wasn't someone who relied on his looks.

"Sorry, I'm late."

Kyle walked between the two of them and said apologetically.

"If you could put that letter away, you probably wouldn't be late. Hogwarts wouldn't leave Britain just because you didn't take good care of the letter."

Chris looked at Kyle jokingly and made up a joke on the spot.

Well, let's call it a joke. At least Chris laughed happily after saying it.

As for Kyle, although he didn't understand what Chris was laughing about, he still politely twitched the corners of his mouth, just to give his dad face.

Fortunately, this situation didn't last long.

"Alright, it's getting late, we should set off."

Diana smiled slightly, interrupting the awkward interaction between father and son, and took Kyle's hand, "There are a lot of things to buy for school, we need to get there quickly, and it's not polite to keep the Weasleys waiting too long."

With that, accompanied by a crisp crack, she disappeared with Kyle.

Seeing this, Chris also quickly Apparated and followed.

 

18