Chapter 3: Diagon Alley
270 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After careful consideration, Kyle ultimately decided to deceive his father and conceal the information about Fluffy, the three-headed dog.

He also had a fondness for magical creatures, but unlike Newt, he didn't possess that innate talent. A magical creature like a three-headed dog, even in Greece, was extremely rare. If he missed this opportunity, it would be difficult to encounter one again.

Weighing the two options, he chose to deceive his father.

However, as compensation and to appease his conscience, Kyle immediately broke free from the twins' grasp, approached Chris, and gave him an apologetic look.

Chris was completely confused.

Similarly confused were the twins.

They had just been about to resume their earlier plan of giving Kyle a "gift" by sprinkling Jumping Powder on his head, but at the last moment, Kyle ducked and ran away. Their Jumping Powder had already been thrown!

Even if you were a second earlier or a second later, why did it have to be at this moment?

The twins were dumbfounded, they could only watch helplessly as the Jumping Powder they had thrown drew a beautiful intersecting line in the air before flying straight towards each other's heads.

"Sizzle... sizzle..."

"Rub... rub... rub..."

Two rapid gasps and the sound of hair rubbing against each other came from behind, immediately attracting everyone's attention. Everyone subconsciously looked in the direction of the sound?

As they turned around, they saw Fred and George, like two adult baboons, frantically scratching their heads.

Their already unruly hair was now even messier than a chicken coop under their claws. Honestly, the Sorting Hat looked better than they did at this moment.

"Oh, Fred, George, what are you two up to again!"

Seeing the increasingly strange looks from the surrounding people, Mrs. Weasley's face turned red as she walked towards the twins, grabbed one ear in each hand, and dragged them towards a nearby alley.

At least there were fewer people there, and she could lose less face.

Unlike now, on the main road of Diagon Alley, her two sons were actually imitating baboons in public.

Merlin's beard! If they were allowed to continue, the Weasley family's centuries of face would truly be gone, gone!

Mrs. Weasley's actions were decisive, but it was hard on the twins. Their gasps were obviously much louder, and also, Kyle didn't know if it was his imagination, but he actually saw tears in their eyes.

If it was true... then he could only say they were truly twins, even the position of their tears was the same.

On the other side, seeing Mrs. Weasley escorting the twins away, Mr. Weasley was obviously relieved. He suppressed his embarrassment and repeatedly urged everyone to go shopping first and not wait for them.

At the end of the line, Kyle hid beside Ron, trying hard to hold back his laughter.

But the next second, when he looked up and saw Diana's gaze, he felt uneasy, grinning and forcing an awkward yet polite smile.

His mother was good in every way, except for her ridiculously strong sixth sense. He had never been able to hide anything from her since he was a child.

He was also lucky when he transmigrated, being born five or six months later. Otherwise, Kyle was sure his identity would have been discovered long ago.

"Really..."

Kyle scratched his head and thought to himself, "With this kind of mother, I have no privacy at all."

Diana didn't say anything, she just gave Kyle a warning look and turned her head away.

This matter wasn't actually that serious, Molly was just worried.

The twins were notorious troublemakers at Hogwarts, their deeds had already spread throughout the wizarding world through the students, even Diana had heard of them.

Just the bizarre things she had heard about included exploding toilet seats, putting sacks over Mrs. Norris during night patrols, and throwing dungbombs under the seats of Slytherin freshmen and accusing them of pooping their pants in class, and so on. Presumably, there were even more things she didn't know about.

Compared to these deeds, imitating baboons in public was nothing to mention.

Therefore, people who saw it would at most laugh it off, it wouldn't possibly escalate to the entire Weasley family. (Except for certain individuals from a pure-blood family with long white-blond hair who do not wish to be named.)

The reason Mrs. Weasley reacted so strongly was simply because she hadn't adapted yet.

Whether it was Bill, Charlie, or Percy, they were all exceptionally outstanding children. Mrs. Weasley subconsciously applied this impression to the twins. Even though their usual behavior was vastly different from their three older brothers, this impression wouldn't be easily erased.

After all, Bill and Charlie weren't very well-behaved at home or when they first entered school, but it was undeniable that they were still among the best students at Hogwarts.

Let's put it this way, just imagine Percy, who was always serious, imitating a baboon in public, and you'll probably understand Mrs. Weasley.

However, this situation was only temporary. As more news from Hogwarts came in over the next year or two, Mrs. Weasley would gradually get used to it.

At least the next time she encountered something like this, she would be much calmer.

...

Not long after the little interlude, the group also separated.

Because Ron and Ginny were not yet old enough to attend school, the Weasleys only needed to buy new textbooks for the twins and Percy on this trip to Diagon Alley.

But Kyle was a new student and needed to buy a lot of things, and the first and most important thing to buy was definitely a wand.

There was no need for directions, Kyle skillfully navigated Diagon Alley and quickly found his destination.

That small and dilapidated shop.

Ollivander's: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.

Kyle stood at the door, and every time he came here, he felt a little speechless.

This place was simply too dilapidated, the dust on the windows could be scraped off and used to build a sculpture at the door. Could it be that all wizards loved this sense of age?

But Gringotts and the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop were great, looking both clean and aesthetically pleasing.

Or was this the confidence of a monopoly, that you had to come here no matter what it looked like?

But Gringotts was also a monopoly...

Kyle had been thinking about this for a long time, and even asked Chris and Mr. Weasley, but to this day, there was no answer. Standing here now, Kyle could only shrug his shoulders and attribute it to the unruliness of craftsmen.

As for asking directly, that was impossible, it would offend people. After all, he was the most famous wandmaker in the British wizarding world, maintaining a good relationship was still very important.

However, Ron would be starting school next year, so he could discuss with the twins and trick... ah, no, ask their youngest brother to help ask.

Don't say he's taking advantage of his friends.

He was taking advantage of Ron Weasley, what did it have to do with his beloved friend and the twins' younger brother, Ronald Weasley?

 

17