D-UNI
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PREFACE — The Universe

Absolutely nothing much happens, everyone is treated equally, there is no injustice or indifference and peace reigns. So don't expect any kind of twist or tragic deaths in this book. 

.

.

.

 

FIRST - About the three sisters

21/07/2007 - 59 days left

In the distance you can see a large planet with two natural satellites orbiting it, some artificial satellites and small lights around the planet, indicating that there is intelligent life on it. Suddenly, a beam of light crosses the globe, which in a few thousandths of seconds is split in half. The impact wave destabilizes the satellites, which are also shattered. Everything is engulfed in flames, the houses all turned to dust, screams of despair and agony can still be heard on the horizon, the ground and grass that once heard laughter is bathed in the blood of its inhabitants. Among the mass despair, a woman holds a scythe filled with blood, she wears clothes with various fabrics and ribbons woven together and a long dress, her hair is very curly and the pink tone of it stands out against her black skin, the smile from ear to ear is impossible not to notice. Not far away, you can see another woman standing on top of a pile of bodies, her reddish hair tied up in dreadlocks, her hands holding a knife and her black skin in harmony with the blood red of her victims, her laughter mingling with the agonized screams of the people left behind. As two aren't enough, another woman stands out in this chaotic environment: she wears nun's clothes with inverted crosses and the purplish tones of her veil match her dark skin, the woman seems to be praying, perhaps for the countless people impaled on nails more than two meters high around her. 
.
.
.

Getting up at once, Shiroh again wakes up gasping and frightened: "Another one of those nightmares? What is it, the fifth time this week?" The door slowly opens, casting a beam of light on her pale face, revealing a tall woman with long black hair flowing down her body, it's Chizuro. She calmly sits down on the older woman's bed next to her and takes her hand.
- Again, sister? - Both look at each other for a moment - Do you want to go to sleep with me? 
Chizuro directs her gaze to a corner of the room, showing an empty bed. The wall around the bed is filled with small stickers, drawings and posters that match the sheet and pillowcase - all with flowers and cute animals.
- I know it's hard sleeping in the same room as...

She doesn't finish the sentence. Silently, the two of them get up and leave the room, heading for another, this time smaller and different from the previous one, this one is completely black, with rock band posters and various other details with a more punk aesthetic. The two lie down on the same bed and close their eyes: "Good night Shi", "Good night." 
.

.

.

 

"HIYA-!" the blades of the swords clash and soon the two of them move apart, the taller one quickly recovers and gets into position, while Chizuro wipes off her sweat, panting, faces Shiroh, who looks at her with superiority - she seems to analyze her every action. "The Commander of Olympus again refuses to comment on the attacks. In response, Satan, the king of the Wicked, self-entitled rivals of the Celestials, says: 'This is bullshit, these Gods think they own the whole fucking place. But as soon as they arrive, they want to be in the spotlight! Not to mention, what kind of government is this? They have to kill themselves -' I apologize a thousand times for the foul words uttered by Satan, dear listeners. We're going to take a quick break and we'll be back with more news! Stay tuned." The radio cut the tension slightly, allowing Chizuro to stand up and stabilize herself: "Oh no, she's going to start again," she thought to herself. 
- Seriously, I can't stand this Commander, she's a real bitch! BRO AND LOOK AT THIS, FUCK YOU! THE PRESS KEEPS CENSORING SATAN! One of these days I'll kick their asses - She complained
 - You always say that and never do ANYTHING! - Before she could finish her sentence, Chizuro lunged forward and lunged at Shiroh with her sword, the latter barely making an effort to block the attack with just one hand
- No seriously, I'm telling you, this time it's true - She said as she held the younger woman's blade with her free hand - I can't stand any more of this, what a pain! 
Chizuro struggled to get the sword away from Shiroh, who, realizing this, pushed the sword away slightly, and her sister was thrown with the weapon.
- Sorry, it's still hard to get used to my sealed form...
The younger girl stood up as she once again faced her sister, those crimson eyes looking down at her, almost as if they were judging, almost as if they knew her deepest sins, chills. 
- Well, "big sister", you talk and talk and talk about doing this and doing that and whatnot, but you NEVER do it! Besides, since we lost Mom and Dad, we've lost contact with Olympus, and if you go back to the Celestial kingdom out of the blue and murder their Commander, you're FUCKED." Pause. She spoke more calmly, while gesturing - Build a reputation first, and then try something serious. Oh, and not to mention that the way you are now, you won't even get past the main gate. I bet their weakest angel beats you, imagine the Commander.

Shiroh remained silent, staring at her sister as she spoke almost without a pause, she was surprised, she rarely spoke so much at once. 

- Yeah, you're right, but... - she thought for a while - WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME? SHUT UP! YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE A SCRATCH ON ME AND YOU'RE SAYING THAT THEIR ANGEL CAN'T BEAT ME! LOOK AT YOU! And you know what? I'm tired of training you too, I'm going to eat something, bye - She threw her sword on the floor and went into the house. 

- And... she did it again! - She took another deep breath, picked up the sword and put it back with her own. She went into the house after her sister - CALM DOWN Shiroh, before you make a mess in the kitchen and burn it down again!

- I've NEVER burned down a kitchen! - She retorted. Chizuro rolled her eyes

As Shiroh went to the TV to turn it on, the doorbell rang, and she turned sharply in the direction of the sound.

- AH! IT'S HIM IT'S HIM IT'S HIM IT'S HIM!!!! - She jumped all over the house

- Calm down, Shiroh, he'll hear you shouting. - She said as she picked up the pans and cutlery

Immediately the older woman stopped jumping around and went to answer the door, hardly looking like the same person, suddenly calm and serene.

- You're early, Shidou, come in! - She said as she opened the door and extended her hand towards the room, indicating that he could enter

He was a little taller than Shiroh, around 1.70m, probably the same age as her, and his hair was short and blue. He ruffles the girl's hair and gives her a kiss on the head, her white hair standing out against her now completely red face. 

- Good afternoon, Shi! - He said, smiling, as he let her go - Do you want help with lunch? 

- No, NO! No need to bother! - Shiroh replied instantly

- Yeah? But it looks like you weren't helping Chizuro cook... - Shidou smiled at the older woman, who remained silent without being able to answer - Ah, but just because today I wanted to eat something you made? I don't think there's any way out of it. - He bowed his head sadly, and immediately Shiroh jumped

- I have no choice then, I'll have to cook... - She calmly went into the kitchen, tied up her hair and washed her hands. Chizuro quickly dropped everything she was doing and left, then began to set the table.

- Shidou, I think I'm going to start asking you to come over more often, so you can help me send Shiroh to do something in this house - She said, trying to make conversation, and the boy laughed

- Well, I won't mind coming to visit you more often - He turned his gaze to Shiroh, who seemed to have no idea how to cook - Seeing her always lifts my spirits...

Chizuro watched Shidou's eyes as he said that, frankly, the two of them were so in love. 

.

.

.

 

As they ate their lunch, which was incredibly good, a conversation began.

- Oh yeah, Chizuro, do you go to school by any chance? - Shidou asked, as he took a bite.

- Uhm... actually I have private lessons, you know my condition right... - Chizuro answered, she seemed uncomfortable about something

- It's true... it must be hard for a sixteen-year-old girl not to be able to go out with her friends- He said, trying to break the heavy atmosphere.

- I don't have friends - Chizuro said coldly. A deafening silence filled the table

- BUT SHE HAS US, RIGHT HONEY? - Shiroh said half laughing, trying to break the mood

- Still, don't you have any kind of treatment for your sister, Shi? - He said bitterly

- No, we tried looking everywhere. And anyway, I don't really bother- Chizuro mumbled. Again, an uncomfortable situation arose in the room 

 Chizuro got up from the table and went to her room, leaving Shiroh and Shidou alone.

- It's just, I'm sorry to have to comment, but I don't know if it's good for her to have an imaginary friend when she's already seventeen, you know? I know it's hard because you've lost your parents, but maybe someone other than her sister is good for her mentally.. - He said quietly.

- I know, Shidou, I know... but she's hard-headed, you know- She said as she picked up Chizuro's plate and took it to the sink.

.

.

.

 

Right after Shiroh said goodbye to Shidou, Chizuro opened the door to her room.

- Aaaaaaaaaaaah this sucks! I hate having to lie to him... - Shiroh complained

- Yeah, you're the one who said I had imaginary friends! - Retorted the youngest

- Look, it was your little ass who said you had a rare condition that meant you couldn't go out in the sun! I just fed into your sad little story.

- Yeah, and what do you expect me to say? - She began to gesture in an uncoordinated and confused way, in a funny voice - Look, we're goddesses so there's no point in having a relationship with Shiroh because you'll die at ninety-eight and she'll still look eighteen! - Pause - Do you want me to say that?

- Look, I also can't say that when you start talking "alone" it's actually with a Reaper! He doesn't even know what a Mythic is, I don't want to get him involved in any shit either. 

- Exactly Shiroh, you're a GENIUS!!!! - Pause - If he gets in danger, what will you do? Just sit and cry, like you did with Urash?

- Guys, calm down, remember that we've already talked about this! I'm to blame for all this, aren't I?

An unfamiliar voice entered between the two sisters. Lullaby (reads as lulábi, not lãlãbái), a woman of about 1.60m, with medium-length curly pink hair flowing down her black skin. She wears a long dress with stripes and interwoven fabrics. Her big, ear-to-ear smile is impossible to miss. Behind her, a 1.75m woman appears, her hair in dreadlocks of a red that matches her black skin, she looks more serious than the other, this is Ouhi.

- Come on, make up! Chizuro, let Shiroh date the mortal, let's try to forget that tragic episode and move on. Would your parents like to see you fighting? Do it for your little sister, okay? - said Lullaby

- You don't have much morals, Lu. Chizuro, don't let Shiroh get away with this. Go on, I'll hold her! - Her speech was cut off by Lullaby punching Ouhi in the mouth

- OH NO, DON'T YOU TOUCH MY BEAUTIFUL LITTLE PERFECT SHIROH!

While the two sisters were punching each other, the other two sisters were making up. Chizuro held out her hand to the eldest, who pulled her into a hug. This action caused Lullaby to leave her fist, about to punch Ouhi again, hanging in the air, watching the two embrace.

- OH MY, HOW CUTE! Ouhi, we could hug like this too, right "big sister"? - Lullaby held out her arms, smiling

- Don't, or I'll punch you - She replied coldly, denying the hug and pushing her away.

Shiroh and Chizuro broke free from the hug, Lullaby clung to Shiroh.

- You know, since we're talking about the past, I was thinking, when was the first time we actually met? - Lullaby said

- Uhh, I think it was... - thought Shiroh

0